Author Topic: LoR playing from Falcon  (Read 271 times)

Offline wicket82

• Kudos: 0
LoR playing from Falcon
« on: November 15, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
Sorry for the long post and all the questions. I have been researching this for weeks and off and on for several months now I am getting more confused about RGB stuff the more I read. I am about ready to just give up on RGB stuff and stick with LoR and AC lights. But here is the first part of my questions (I am sure more will follow. haha).

I have been using LoR hardware and software since 2011 (1st controller bought in 2010). I am wanting to add  Pixel tree to one of my display (I have 2 at 2 different house in 2 different towns). I am thinking about buying a Falcon f16v3 for next year and building the tree from scratch instead of buying the kit from Pixel Tree Kit LoR. I need to keep one show in LoR because one of the controllers doesn't support DMX. I don't mind trying to figure out how to change over the 2nd show to DMX. My question is can I "convert" the LoR controllers to DMX and just plug into the Falcon controller using a standard Ethernet cable (I know I will need to change the jumper to LoR) or will I need any other hardware? Also does the Falcon controller hook to the PC with a Ethernet cable to run the show? Currently I run the show with the LoR software straight from the computer. I am thinking about getting a Raspberry Pi to run the show. Will that work with my current setup? Thanks in advance

Online David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
Re: LoR playing from Falcon
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
If your LOR boxes can convert to DMX you can run them from Falcon. No crossover is needed with jumpers.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Bobbee

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
If your LOR boxes can convert to DMX you can run them from Falcon. No crossover is needed with jumpers.
David. I have connected my LOR CTB16PC V3 to the F16V3 with jumpers set. However, I seem to get a delay when the AC CTB16PC light should turn on. I have 3 CTB16PC daisy-chained together and each Units ID is 01,02,03. I am using xLights to run the show. I have set up the controllers as 1 E131 universe for a total of 48 channels. F16V3/xLights seems to turn them on as the sequence runs but there seems to be a Big/Long delay from when they should turn on within the song.

I am wondering if I am missing a step in my setup so they turn on at the right moment within the sequences.

Offline rando1957

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
I found if I don't have all my controllers connected, that there is a delay in the signal.  Someone explained it to me but can't remember.  I just know to have all the controllers (AC incl) that are set up should be on.  At least that is what I do when connected to FPP.

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »
You have to have all things connected that xlights thinks is there or you will get a delay because it's searching for the controllers.  If you are just a F16V3 and 3 LOR controllers and it's all connected together to your computer you should be fine if that's all that's on your network tab in xlights.  You can try having the LOR lights turn on for a second or 2 and then turn off before starting your show.  I had to do that last year to get all my controllers to initialize for some reason.  My issue was no lights from a controller in the chain not a delay and I was running the lor protocol from a Pi using FPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bobbee

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 09:41:28 PM »
I found if I don't have all my controllers connected, that there is a delay in the signal.  Someone explained it to me but can't remember.  I just know to have all the controllers (AC incl) that are set up should be on.  At least that is what I do when connected to FPP.
You have to have all things connected that xlights thinks is there or you will get a delay because it's searching for the controllers.  If you are just a F16V3 and 3 LOR controllers and it's all connected together to your computer you should be fine if that's all that's on your network tab in xlights.  You can try having the LOR lights turn on for a second or 2 and then turn off before starting your show.  I had to do that last year to get all my controllers to initialize for some reason.  My issue was no lights from a controller in the chain not a delay and I was running the lor protocol from a Pi using FPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks rando1957 & Emuney18 I did not have Unit 03 hooked up at the time and after connecting it it works much better.

Thanks

Offline larryk5

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:21 AM »
David. I have connected my LOR CTB16PC V3 to the F16V3 with jumpers set. However, I seem to get a delay when the AC CTB16PC light should turn on. I have 3 CTB16PC daisy-chained together and each Units ID is 01,02,03. I am using xLights to run the show. I have set up the controllers as 1 E131 universe for a total of 48 channels. F16V3/xLights seems to turn them on as the sequence runs but there seems to be a Big/Long delay from when they should turn on within the song.

I am wondering if I am missing a step in my setup so they turn on at the right moment within the sequences.

You can't have the LOR controller id's set to 1,2,3! You would have the first one as ID 1 and the second controller as 17 and LOR controller set to 33 (You still set them in the LOR HU).

I have LOR controllers including aCMD24(?) and they work just fine with no lag. I just have universe 1 for my LOR stuff.