Author Topic: newbie question  (Read 418 times)

Offline Mickrobi1971

• Kudos: 0
newbie question
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »
I am a newbie this year have completed a raspberry pi with pi cap running 2 strings of pixels as leaping arches and the pi cap is also running a 9 27 channel dumb rob controller with is running a singing xmas tree. Which i have sequenced myself. My QUESTION is my next years project is a pixel matrix and a 180 mega tree could I run this with the F4V3 board

Offline Powelln

Re: newbie question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
Did you ever get a response to this question? I'm on the same path as you. I have the Pi, looking at F4V3 but curious if I can use it as a stand alone controller. Any tutorials you used to get the Pi going?

Offline kd7hgt

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »
Yes with a Pi and the FPP software you can use a Falcon controller.  Look up conispaterchristmas on youtube he has some good setup video's.

Offline kryptic

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
You should be able to easily run both of those off the Pi and F4v3 if you have more pixels than the F4v3 can handle you can also add another diff board to get more channels. I have both the Falcon Pi Cap and the Falcon F4v3, and this will be my first year doing 5 volt pixels. :D

Offline kryptic

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
Did you ever get a response to this question? I'm on the same path as you. I have the Pi, looking at F4V3 but curious if I can use it as a stand alone controller. Any tutorials you used to get the Pi going?

I think that when they  update the firmware for the F4v3  that may be added but for now it does not run solo you have to have a Pi or BBB to connected.

Offline kryptic

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »
what problems are you having getting the Pi going do you have it connected to a network and a network switch I used a network switch to get both my Pi running falcon Pi Player and connecting to the Falcon F4v3, there was a writeup on how to connect it using the wifi from the Pi but I could never get that to work so I used the network switch and once connected I set my PI ip static and my F4v3 to a static ip address. I will check this link again later today if you still need help

I think that when they  update the firmware for the F4v3  that may be added but for now it does not run solo you have to have a Pi or BBB to connected.