Author Topic: F4V3 Not Booting  (Read 107 times)

Offline KurTecH

• Kudos: 0
F4V3 Not Booting
« on: November 28, 2017, 03:30:31 PM »
Hi All,

I recently got around to setting up my Falcon F4v3 I purchased a few months ago.
I have a few strips of WS2811 LED lights to go with it.

When I had initially plugged the controller into my 12v power supply, with the jumpers set correctly, it booted up and grabbed an IP address.
I then powered everything down, plugged in the first LED strip, and put it into test mode.
It started flashing the LED strip as expected.
I then plugged in another strip to the 2nd port, and enabled test mode again, but this time the OLED display went dark, I lost ethernet and the board seemed to have 'locked up' on testing with the first strip.
Meaning, the first strip was still flashing, but everything else stopped working.

I unplugged the power supply, then unplugged everything from the board, and now with nothing else plugged in, except power, it will not boot, the OLED does not even turn on, and the ethernet port does not light up.

I do see the 4 LED lights light up next to the fuses by the port plugs, but that's it.
I'm hoping to get my lights setup this week.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline KurTecH

• Kudos: 0
Re: F4V3 Not Booting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
I should have thought of this first, but I called David and even though he was driving, he talked me through some stuff and it sounds like he will be sending me a new board and I just need to send this one back.
Awesome customer service!

The main issue was that my PWR led was no longer lighting up, and without that, it's not going to do anything...