Author Topic: F4V2 with expansion - one port stuck on white  (Read 85 times)

Offline gymgeek

• Kudos: 0
F4V2 with expansion - one port stuck on white
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
Hello fellow blinky flashy addicts! I'm looking for some troubleshooting help as I've ran out of ideas.

I have a F4V2 with the differential expansion and 2 receiver boards. Today, output 8 developed a problem. It has 50 pixels connected to it. Pixel 2 - 50 are stuck on white all the time. If I power up the receiver with it disconnected from the F4V2, the pixels stay off. Once I plug in the F4V2, they come on. I've disconnected the F4V2 from the network and rebooted it. I've used another strand of pixels. Anything else I should try?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 84
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: F4V2 with expansion - one port stuck on white
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:34:55 PM »
Replace pixels #1 and #2

Offline gymgeek

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »
I swapped the pixels attached to ports 7 and 8 and the issue stayed with port 8 so it appears it's not the pixels.

Offline gymgeek

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »
I did some more troubleshooting today. On the 2nd receiver board, I'm only using 1 output. So, I swapped board locations. At this point, the pixels were no longer stuck all white but wouldn't come on at all. This, along with the previous troubleshooting, made it seem pretty certain the expansion board is at fault. So, next, I tried swapping expansion board output ports. Originally, I had the full receiver board connected to 5-8 on the expansion and the receiver with 1 port in use connected to 9-12 on the expansion board. After swapping all my port mappings around, whatever string I plug into port 4 doesn't do anything.

I'm out of ideas, so I've ordered another expansion board and receiver board.