Author Topic: Garbage pixel data, then hard-freeze.  (Read 75 times)

Offline slugg

• Kudos: 0
Garbage pixel data, then hard-freeze.
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »
Just leaving my Falcon F16v2-R turned on, with or without a sequence or test pattern running, it will eventually send 2-3 seconds worth of random garbage pixel data down all the ports, then freeze. Since the controller is frozen, but power persists, all pixels remain in their random color state. The controller is completely frozen; no network activity, no HTTP server, and the OLED screen is no longer counting up-time. The controller will run fine for anywhere between 1 minute and 2 hours.

I've been able to reproduce it with and without power injection (minimizing variables), on every port, in both 5v and 12v configuration. I plugged a remnant of nodes into each port, one at a time, and ran it until it froze. Every port did it. I even swapped out power supplies (using geniune MeanWell); it still does it. I'm running the latest non-beta firmware, v1.09.

I checked the board for any suspicious looking solder joints and found nothing, but I also don't have the best eye for that.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Offline slugg

• Kudos: 0
Re: Garbage pixel data, then hard-freeze.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:19:22 AM »
I swapped it out with a backup board and everything is okay. I guess I just have a bad board.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 84
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Garbage pixel data, then hard-freeze.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:06:51 AM »
I know it says Beta in the name, but the v1.11 b006 firmware is rock solid. I used it all last year and now this year.