Author Topic: Smart / Pixel RGB Lights - C9 Bulbs  (Read 97 times)

Offline pmbarber

• Kudos: 0
Smart / Pixel RGB Lights - C9 Bulbs
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »
Hello. I am having a slight problem with my C9 Pixel Bulbs in my show. I am new, so went kind of small this year. I have the C9 Pixel bulbs outlining my roof and nodes outlining my windows. All the windows display the colors accurately. The C9 pixels display red, blue and greens, however the white is orange. Any tips on what might be wrong? I have two 50 count strands going to one channel, and 3 50 count strands going to another channel. Both channels display the orange instead of white. Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline pmbarber

Re: Smart / Pixel RGB Lights - C9 Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:11:33 PM »

I should mention my troubleshooting so far:
Turned down intensity on all channels to 70%= same results
Unplugged all the other channels but the two running the pixel bulbs= same results

Offline mklabunde

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:26:59 PM »

I should mention my troubleshooting so far:
Turned down intensity on all channels to 70%= same results
Unplugged all the other channels but the two running the pixel bulbs= same results

are the C9's a different chip.  Example WS2811 and the C9's are some different type.  How are you testing them through the controller?  I would try using the controller's test function to see if maybe the software you have the white is not all set at 255 for red green and blue.  Just a few ideas

Mark

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 08:40:13 PM »
For future reference they are called string ports or controller outputs not channels. Channels have a completely different meaning. 

Is the entire strand orange or just a few?  How long is your run, wire distance, from the controller to the first C9 node?  What kind of wire?   I ask because usually a nonwhite color is either voltage drop or not completely setting all rgb to 255 as mentioned in last post.   I have found that my C9 nodes from Ray are more sensitive to voltage drop despite supposedly having the same ws2811 chip as his bullet nodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk