Author Topic: I can control my FPP from my Home Automation System (OpenHAB)  (Read 170 times)

Online TexasStingray

• Kudos: 0
I can control my FPP from my Home Automation System (OpenHAB)
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »
Just thought I would share a little information of what I am working on. This is still work in progress and I know this will more then likely be replace with FPP 2.0. But I was able to create a php file that make a call the to operating system fpp command and start and stop a playlist. I then setup a item in OpenHAB 2, where I passed in 2 parameters an Action with an ON or OFF and a Playlist. Then php then issues a fpp -p with playlist name to start playing and to stop or OFF it passes an Action of OFF. My OpenHAB is also linked to Alexa which also works to turn them on and off. This is still work in progress but I thought I would share what I have done so far.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:31:07 AM by TexasStingray »

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 173
I can control my FPP from my Home Automation System (OpenHAB)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
Sounds interesting.  I currently pull in status to Home Assistant using FPP's fppjson.php and parsing the JSON in HA.

I have a new code branch which I am working on right now which has the playlist rewrite as well as MQTT publish and subscribe.  The new playlist code has a MQTT playlist entry type so I can publish MQTT messages right from the playlist.  FPP also subscribes to "falcon/player/#" and I can start a playlist by publishing a message from another system such as my Home Assistant install.  I will be working on adding more status and control topics as I work on the playlist code updates over the next few weeks.  I have already used the new code to run my overnight playlist manually for a while to get some burn in time while working on the rest of the integration.
-
Chris

Offline arw01

Re: I can control my FPP from my Home Automation System (OpenHAB)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
Oh fun stuff, someday have to get a little further into this media player over the HA.

Just think I fixed a nagging problem with the system thinking the garage door was open when it was not.  Moved the reed switch just a touch and changed the connection point on the garage door to give it a little more down travel.  Hopefully that false positives will be done forever and can move onto the next issue!

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 173
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »
"Alexa, tell Falcon Player Master to ask the people in the red truck to turn down their radio a little while enjoying the lights"

Online TexasStingray

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
"And tell them to turn only their parking light on so others can enjoy that light also."