Author Topic: FPP Multiple First Last  (Read 84 times)

Offline whwaldrep

• Kudos: 0
FPP Multiple First Last
« on: December 09, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
Is there away for me to select multiple items for first and last on the play list?  Or do I need to create a script to call more than one

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
Re: FPP Multiple First Last
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
Not with the current playlist code.  I do have this working in the new playlist rewrite that I am working on.

You can have multiple "last" by starting another non-repeating playlist via an event script.
-
Chris

Offline whwaldrep

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
So I could do this with 3 play list.  First one runs, last is the event to trigger repeating play list, then the last item will trigger another list?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:26 PM »
So I could do this with 3 play list.  First one runs, last is the event to trigger repeating play list, then the last item will trigger another list?

Not exactly.

This would only work if the middle playlist is not repeating and if it wasn't then you wouldn't need to try to do this to begin with, so I'll assume it is repeating.

It doesn't quite work that way with the 'first' because you can't manually start a repeating playlist and have it end without manually stopping it.  So, if you used three, the first could start the second, but the second would never stop to start the third.

Now that I'm at the computer, I remember what I have recommended to people in the past.   Create 3 playlists.  In the first, setup all of your non-repeating things you want to run first at the beginning of your show.  Schedule this playlist to run at the beginning of your show time.  If that section is 5 minutes long, schedule it for 4 minutes and 59 seconds.  Schedule your second playlist to start a couple seconds after the first ends.  The second playlist will be marked for repeat and will repeat until the end of its time slot.  At the end, it will run the 'last' item which runs an event script which fires off the 3rd playlist which runs once.  You can't schedule the third to run right after the second because since the third is non-repeating, it won't get started if the second overuns its time slot.