Author Topic: FPP v1.10 Soft Launch (Only for the Pi)  (Read 2482 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
Re: FPP v1.10 Soft Launch (Only for the Pi)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »
I upgraded to the 1.10 on 2 BBBs and 1 Pi B+ because I was still running 1.7 and needed to reimage one of them so I just updated them all.  Is it only meant for the Pi because neither of my BBBs are able to start the FPPD.  I rolled back to 1.9 to get them working.  I wasn't sure which log file I need to look into for FPPD not starting issues.

Yes, I thought I had added a note to the first post mentioning that the v1.10 branch was only for the Pi, but after searching through, I see it was only mentioned a few posts down.  I just went and put in a big bold note in the first post in this thread and changed the subject of the thread to note that it is only for the Pi.

Are you using Dan's image on the BBB's or the older v1.5 SD image and upgrading through to v1.9?  There have been a few changes merged back from Dan's branch into v1.10, but if you are on a BBB, it is recommended to use his branch until we release some new images.  His branch has a lot of BBB performance improvements and enhancements which have not been rolled back into the mainline source yet.  We plan on merging his changes back after the holidays.
-
Chris

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 49
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
The BBBs should be using Dans image which is not in the same branch as the 1.10 branch.  i do not think a merge is planned until next year.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Falcon and Lynx, all 12v
Multisync with Pi and BBB
P10 and P5

Offline pmiller

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 10:11:28 PM »
Love the day mask. That just cut 8 schedules down to 3. Thank you. Awesome.

Offline Unibits

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2017, 04:46:18 AM »
Is there any way to get a choice in the drop down for 8x8 panel support?
 I am currently using a BBB in 8x8 and it works.  I also have the LINSN dimming board and controller card that I use for another application. 

I would like to test it out and see how it performs compared to the actual LINSN setup

Thanks

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2017, 09:06:42 AM »
 I am currently using a BBB in 8x8 and it works.  I also have the LINSN dimming board and controller card that I use for another application. 

I would like to test it out and see how it performs compared to the actual LINSN setup

Thanks

I will update the UI to allow different panel sizes when using the ColorLight/Linsn outputs.  Thanks for mentioning this.

Offline Unibits

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »

Thanks

I will update the UI to allow different panel sizes when using the ColorLight/Linsn outputs.  Thanks for mentioning this.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline arw01

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »
Is there a link to the Dan BBB download stashed?  I have a BBB that croaked with some sort of corruption and would just start it fresh and do some testing on the 1.9/1.10 BBB version.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 49
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
There is no 1.10 for BBB.  You can find all of the info on Dan's image in the pinned threads under the Falcon Player section.  Be sure to look for Dan's name in the thread title.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 89
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 03:11:57 PM »
http://dankulp.com/bbb

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline bhensley

• Kudos: 1
    • Brian's Blog Tutorials >>
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 11:56:04 PM »
Anyone have issues with their NTP server not setting the clock correctly? I'm running 1.10 and have my NTP server set to pool.ntp.org (tried others with the same result). My clock says its "Sat Dec 30 21:49:16 PST 2017" right now, even though its really Jan 4th 2018 at 22:53 PST. Time zone is set to Americas/Los_Angeles. Tried rebooting my Raspberry Pi 3 and no luck. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 12:45:48 AM »
Anyone have issues with their NTP server not setting the clock correctly? I'm running 1.10 and have my NTP server set to pool.ntp.org (tried others with the same result). My clock says its "Sat Dec 30 21:49:16 PST 2017" right now, even though its really Jan 4th 2018 at 22:53 PST. Time zone is set to Americas/Los_Angeles. Tried rebooting my Raspberry Pi 3 and no luck. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Try setting the date manually in the FPP UI.  If the date is set wrong, NTP can take a long time to pull it into sync.

Offline th182

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 07:52:54 AM »
No issues here. Had a power outage last week and when it came back my wifi was down so FPP didn't have the correct time (I don't have a rasclock). I manually set it to be close.  Then when I got my AP back up NTP sync kicked back in. Running 1.10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Robocrash

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 02:45:45 PM »
Tried to upgrade my Pi player from 1.9 to 1.10.  I have a monitor attached to watch the progress of the upgrade.
Everything seemed to be going fine until the screen started scrolling quickly for the last 15 minutes.  Pic attached.

Can I safely assume that something went wrong?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »
Tried to upgrade my Pi player from 1.9 to 1.10.  I have a monitor attached to watch the progress of the upgrade.
Everything seemed to be going fine until the screen started scrolling quickly for the last 15 minutes.  Pic attached.

Can I safely assume that something went wrong?

Yes, something went wrong, but those aren't FPP error messages.  You might need to reinstall the SD.  Since you have a monitor attached, is there any kind of flashing symbol in the upper right corner of the screen?  If so, that could indicate power issues.

Offline TeaCup

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
Updated my 3 Pis today - All 3 had issues after the upgrade

My Pi 2 Master updated - FPDD does not autostart on reboot - I always have to click Start FPDD after any reboot
My Pi 3 Remote with a Falcon PiCap updated - network totally went wackadoodle - looks like it's getting two IPs, neither of which is accessible, the static I assigned + a second IP from DHCP
My Pi 2 Remote (driving a pixel string right off GPIO 18) updated - FPDD does not autostart on reboot - I always have to click Start FPDD after any reboot

Also on the web interface, my iPad thinks the buttons (Play, Stop Gracefully, etc) are text fields... when I tap a button, the soft keyboard comes up and puts a cursor on the buttons as if its a text field.

Where is the file that holds FPP's network settings? I know the rPi has the wireless settings stored in "/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf" but I remember that FPP has its own settings file that's very similar in a different location that overrides the Pi's default file... I'd like to console in and see what's going on in there with the multiple IP situation, and hopefully fix the wireless, or at least reset eth0 back to DHCP and reset wlan0 to nothing.

No worries though I still LOVE FPP :-*  and I'm positive I'll get through these minor issues...