Author Topic: cant open f2 web status page  (Read 480 times)

Offline therealbigjim

• Kudos: 0
cant open f2 web status page
« on: December 20, 2017, 06:57:41 AM »
I cannot connect to my f2 web status page. I updated the firm ware thinking that would help but then I lost the pixel net out. I can run my show, (with the exception of the pixel net stuff). I have had my lap top through a switch. and connected to my main router and still cannot get in.  The OLED that was showing backward , then properly, now blank. I know I should not fool with these things during show season but I wanted to add a few props I have fixed. Any suggestions?
Jim Cannon

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 96
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: cant open f2 web status page
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 07:53:31 AM »
If its any consolation, my F16v2Blue hasn't been "answering" to an http://192.168.1.14  call for over a week. I had full access until a week ago. Don't know what may have changed. Won't answer a ping, either.

BUT - it's playing the E1.31 data sent to it perfectly, so I've left it alone. It is on the roof and I'm going to ignore it until it quits working correctly or end of season.

I am reasonably sure that if I power cycled it, the Web interface would start working again, but I'm still going to resist the temptation for now.

(p.s., my F16v2Red is also playing the same game. While it is on the ground under my Megatree, I'm still ignoring it) 

I have to access both of them through a RasPi3 Gateway and that may be part of the problem since they are not on my 192.168.0.xxx subnet.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:20:50 AM »
I was able to add my pixel net dongle so I have my display working, just cant add the stuff I fixed.  Like Dave said before I will send the  board to him after the season.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 05:07:30 PM »
Well I dusted off my controllers and sat with them for several hours with no success. I did the usb reset and reloaded the latest software. I still could not connect to the F2. To check my cables and connection I started x-lights and played a sequence. Two things happened, The F2 showed e131 activity and the IP  address changed.  When I typed in the new address I was able to connect. :o   Everything works and now I have a new fire to do the show this year. Anyone have an idea why I could not connect with the default address?