Author Topic: Own Falcon F16V2 & Power Supplies- Need expertise on power & data layout  (Read 56 times)

Offline kosmokramer

• Kudos: 0
Hello everyone,

I'm working on the power mapping for the design below and feel like I may have bitten off more than I can chew. 

I've attempted to map out my elements for 2018, estimated pixel counts, and listed the products that I already own.  I think the best place to put the F16V2 is at the base of the megatree and use the first 8 channels with 320 pixels/channel for the megatree (2560 pixels). I do plan to power inject where necessary (megatree) but I'm not sure how to map out data and power from there...

To be safe I made an assumption that my display would run at 75% maximum or .0495A/pixel or 4.95A per 100 pixel strand (Ray Wu). I I understand I will need some additional hardware and am open to purchasing additional items such as F8 distro, Differential receiver board(s), or even another Falcon Controller if it makes sense.

If this was your house and you owned a single F16V2, how would you approach the power & data feed?

What controller/expansion units would you add?
How do I get power & data to the 8 small trees, roof lines, and large tree on left?
How many additional PSU's do you think are needed and where would you place them?

I sincerely appreciate any assistance you can provide this N00B!

-jeff

PS- I apologize in advance but I plan on posting this in a couple of other places as well so you might see it again!  height=24