Author Topic: P10 Upgrade - Color Order  (Read 524 times)

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
P10 Upgrade - Color Order
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »
So I've ran a 3x3 p10 matrix for a couple years now.  Decided to do an upgrade to it and make it a 4x5.  I know the issue of the color not being quite the same since they came from different times in manufacturing, I'm ok with that part of it (I notice but most won't).  Only problem I have some panels that are different color orders.  I tried to put them off on their own output to hopefully make it easier to do something with but because of numbers I can't do that for all.  So as you can see in the picture most are RGB, the two plus the top row (I don't have those powered yet) are RBG.  Any way around this?  I'm ok ssh in and editing files and what not.

Thanks in advance.
--Todd

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
Re: P10 Upgrade - Color Order
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
I ran into this situation this year and hacked the code to allow me to run 4 panels that were different color order.  I plan on adding a feature enhancement to FPP this year to allow specifying the color order per-panel since I know other users are running into the same issue.

If you want a solution for now, I can tell you which file to edit and what to add if you give me a little more info about your setup.  Is this Pi or BBB?  Can you post a screenshot of your LED Panel config screen in FPP?  It should be as simple as adding an 'if' statement in the code, that is what I did to fix mine, but the 'if' might be a little more complex for your config due to the layout.
-
Chris

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:28:31 PM »
Ill be happy to be a tester when you get this added  :)

I literally just turned it on so not sure if my config is correct yet, but here is how its layed out wiring wise.
RED info works with the Standard RGB
Blue info works with RBG
Black Arrows are the direction of the arrows on the panels.
Red Arrows are the input panels

I did attach my current FPP config, but like I mentioned not sure if its correct yet since I haven't played with it yet besides to see "if they worked".  I'm currently running on a BBB.

Don't waste a ton of time explaining...I don't want to take you away from other things.

Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:22:41 PM by twooly »

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 06:21:47 PM »
Ok here is the working config, running on a BBB.

When you have a free couple mins, no hurry.  Thank you!

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 06:32:15 PM »

Why wouldn't you use all 8 outputs if using an Octo?   Or at least use 5 outputs (one for each row) for your case?  With my images, you'd get much faster refresh rates and such by not putting as many panels on the outputs.

If you use a bunch more outputs and can isolate the wacky panels to different outputs, it's relatively easy to edit the PRU header to flip some pins around to change the color order for an output.   
Dan Kulp

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »
Just using the cables I have on hand to be honest.  Ill still run into the issue on at least one of the outputs where its half and half.

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:02:50 AM »
Curious if work has been made in regards to the color order per panel in the beta images?

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 08:28:56 AM »
Curious if work has been made in regards to the color order per panel in the beta images?

Yes... the latest 2.0 images should allow selecting a "global" color order, but it can be over ridden per panel.

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »
Sweet Ill have to load it up and give it a whirl!

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »
Just thought I would report back.  So far running ok, although struggled getting wifi consistently going....but that seems to have magically "worked" itself out after a few more reboots.  The color order choosing per panel is working and I know have all panels responding the same color!

Thank you!!!!!!