Author Topic: 2017 Sommerset Light Show  (Read 546 times)

Offline TeaCup

• Kudos: 0
2017 Sommerset Light Show
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »
I have a small little show going - it works - I only have 1 week to put it all up as I have all my days tied up until Thanksgiving with 2 jobs.

I refuse to build a Mega Tree since everyone has those (and I'm cheap) - I built my star and trees myself from scratch with a protractor (as you can tell) - only took one decent video this year (sorry, busy busy). I've also attached a picture of how I advertise my radio station - I love these little etched glass sign things from eBay I used this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEacNrJzX7o

I also try to use unique songs ;)

Running 3 Pis... 1 master, 2 remotes (for indoors) w/PiCaps (saves LOTS of wires and null pixels), using Vixen and also a PixLite 4 card for everything outside. I'm open to suggestions as to what I should add and where for 2018...

As a side note - I'd love to do more for my Christmas display, but I spend most of my autumn on a Halloween lighting project for Six Flags for their Teacup ride called "Terror Twister 2" - it's all DMX though, running off of free lighting software QLC+. Here's a video of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3Tl1Zy7Fo which is definitely a more complicated project with all the safety requirements and automation needed (especially if the ride needs to be stopped as seen here). I recently learned that xLights can accommodate moving heads so I might switch to that this year!

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 4
Re: 2017 Sommerset Light Show
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:34:00 AM »
Do you have a link to the glass sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 96
    • Granbury Christmas Lights

Offline mcas4380

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »
Nice Show.

Offline robbiet

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
Nice. Curious. What do you use for your floods?

Offline TeaCup

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:54:30 AM »
Nice. Curious. What do you use for your floods?

On the house, I use 4 cheap RGBW pars wrapped in window shrink film like these: https://www.amazon.com/OPPSK-Lights-12led-Control-Lighting/dp/B01C2A93VC
On the trees and porch, I use Pro DMX RGBW Chauvet Colorado 1 IPs. They are old, they don't make these anymore and I kinda got them for free - I just needed to get cables - I have connections in the business  ;)  Very bright but I would never suggest buying a DMX PAR for a Christmas light show at the original price of these. There are cheap knock offs on eBay of course that could work with water proofing.

Offline robbiet

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:09:45 AM »
They did seem pretty bright which is why I asked. Im looking for something to light my trees as you have. The 10w rgb floods I am using dont do a great job at that distance.