Author Topic: F/S: Preliminary PocketBeagle based controllers  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Wichita

• Kudos: 0
Re: F/S: Preliminary PocketBeagle based controllers
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
Good luck with the clean up.  I'm sure that's what you wanted to do for the weekend. Don't worry about my problems, I'm just playing with the new toy you sent me.  I'm sure its something I'm not doing right. This is my first Beaglebone controller.

I updated and rebooted. /tmp/FalconWS281x.bin  exists.  I started with the Version you recommended above and after a manual update ended up on  v2.x-master-485-g8a54ff4e (master branch) which Chris seems to updating every hour. 

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 31
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »
Good luck with the clean up.  I'm sure that's what you wanted to do for the weekend. Don't worry about my problems, I'm just playing with the new toy you sent me.  I'm sure its something I'm not doing right. This is my first Beaglebone controller.

I updated and rebooted. /tmp/FalconWS281x.bin  exists.  I started with the Version you recommended above and after a manual update ended up on  v2.x-master-485-g8a54ff4e (master branch) which Chris seems to updating every hour.

Dan,

I'm seeing the same problem.  Updated to -487 today and still no lights.  Confirmed FPPD is running and  /tmp/FalconWS281x.bin exists.  I also tested with Bridge mode and sending test data from xLights Test.  FPP status screen shows the correct universe packets being received but no pixels light up.   Interesting side note, I initially tried bridge mode using Universe 1 in Multicast and FPP status was not reporting any packets received.  Changing to Unicast fixed the packets received problem but still no lights.

I echo Wichita's comments about your clean up from the winter storm.  No rush to fix this pixel problem, I'm just playing with the new toy right now, but wanted to let you know that there may be something amiss since I'm seeing exactly the same thing.
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / DIY controllers for everything else

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 46
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 01:28:57 PM »

It's amazing what goes through your mind when you are alone with a chain saw for a few hours....    By the time I reached my physical limit and had to take a break, I knew exactly what I had done to break the F8-PB.    Basically, when I added code to detect the SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced, I actually broke the detection of everything else so it didn't know it was running on a PocketBeagle.

I BELIEVE it is now fixed.   I haven't had a chance to actually hook up pixels and test, but it's now compiling the PRU code with -DF8PB instead of -DF8B which is what I wanted to see.  :)

Dan Kulp

Offline Wichita

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Well the chainsaw and coding worked. The test mode works, I haven't tried anything else.  Thank you.

Offline pixelpuppy

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
Ha ha, yeah, there is something strangely therapeutic about buzzing through a pile of timber with a chainsaw  ;D  I'm happy to report that testing from within FPP as well as testing from Xlights with FPP in bridge mode is lighting up pixels again.  8) 

Thanks Dan!   Now with that fixed, on to my next question...

Any chance you could add the Start Address for DDP packets in the Bridge mode status display?  It currently show Universe number and Start Address for E1.31 packets.  But with DDP packets is shows counts and "-" (blank) under start address. 

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 46
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 02:27:03 PM »

Any chance you could add the Start Address for DDP packets in the Bridge mode status display?  It currently show Universe number and Start Address for E1.31 packets.  But with DDP packets is shows counts and "-" (blank) under start address.

Umm... did you actually LOOK at the status page lately?

Offline pixelpuppy

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 05:26:53 PM »
Umm... did you actually LOOK at the status page lately?

DANG!  :o  You're good  8)   Thanks again! ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:40:28 PM by pixelpuppy »