Author Topic: Colorlight board with BeagleBone possibility?  (Read 679 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 175
Colorlight board with BeagleBone possibility?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 12:53:40 PM »
captain, you can run the Colorlight from the pi directly actually if yo have the adapter

I have the pi going to the gigabit switch from the onloard connection and then the colorlight eithernet to the adapter plugged into the Pi usb and it works

I know, this is why I said you cant plug the ColorLight or Linsn directly into the onboard Ethernet on the Pi or BBB.  :) I have tested the receivers with FPP using both a USB Ethernet adapter and by connecting the onboard Ethernet to a Gig-E switch.

I also plan on making some other optimizations to the ColorLight and Linsn channel output code based on Dans optimizations of the E1.31 code.
-
Chris

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 0
Re: Colorlight board with BeagleBone possibility?
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »
gotcha

i can test whenever you have stuff available BUT i still cant get it to work when plugging the Colorlight into the switch directly, i MUST use the usb out of the Pi and set the output in FPP to eth1 then it "works"

Issues i seem to have,

1. when i set the panel output to 6x9 nothing on the screen shows at all but 6x8 does. Readon i did 6x9 is i have 9 rows ao i use output 1-7 right from the cards 1-7 output and then output 8 i use for the last 2 rows of 6,

2. no matter what i have tried in the LEDVision software, the column always shows as "8" not "16" and i cant get a picture to view as it should in their software, i figured if thats not set right then it sure isnt going to look right in XLights

here are 2 of my screens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5towq47t4uj185m/Photo%20Feb%2011%2C%203%2032%2007%20PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcar90cw1k49jra/Photo%20Feb%2011%2C%203%2031%2058%20PM.jpg?dl=0

any other shots i can send to help me?

Offline Cjaqua

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
I'm not sure if it is supported to connect more than one row off a single output on the card. What does the LEDVision test image look like when running it as a 6x8 matrix with each row connected to a unique port on the card? Do you have J1 connected to the first row from the top, J2 connected to the second row from the top and so on?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
I'm not sure if it is supported to connect more than one row off a single output on the card.

FPP supports any panel layout with the Linsn and ColorLight cards.  On my test setup, I am using 2 ColorLight outputs for 14 panels in a 3.5x4 panel layout.  Some panels are turned on their side, some are right side up, some are upside down.  In the windows software, you setup the panels as if they were in horizontal rows, then you use the FPP Channel Output config UI to describe the true panel layout.

Offline brichi

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
i think my first issue i need to resolve if you guys can look at your setup is in LEDvision it keeps seeing my panels as 8 high, not 16 so everything is messed up

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
1. when i set the panel output to 6x9 nothing on the screen shows at all but 6x8 does. Readon i did 6x9 is i have 9 rows ao i use output 1-7 right from the cards 1-7 output and then output 8 i use for the last 2 rows of 6,

Are you running the master-v1.x branch of FPP?  I recently pushed changes to that branch to allow wider displays.  You need to be on master-v1.x for now with your 9 panel wide config, FPP v1.10 wouldnt even let you configure a display that wide.

Offline brichi

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »
honestly i started over at this point trying to just get 1 or 2 panels to run and im having no luck, the LEDvision software is keeping my pael at 32 wide by 8 high no matter what i change.

Offline brichi

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »

Are you running the master-v1.x branch of FPP?  I recently pushed changes to that branch to allow wider displays.  You need to be on master-v1.x for now with your 9 panel wide config, FPP v1.10 wouldnt even let you configure a display that wide.

honestly i started over at this point trying to just get 1 or 2 panels to run and im having no luck, the LEDvision software is keeping my pael at 32 wide by 8 high no matter what i change.

im running the following on Pi

FPP Version:v1.10-27-g259bc38
FPP OS Build:v1.8
OS Version:Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
Kernel Version:4.1.19-v7+
Git Branch:v1.10
Local Git Version:259bc38 ChangeLog

Offline Cjaqua

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
Is the 32x8 width and height in the "Module Information" section? If so, I don't see that being an issue. On my 128x96 matrix, my module is set to 16x16. The height seems to be the scan rate and if you have 1/8 scan panels then 8 makes sense there. I have 1/16 scan panels and my height is set to 16 in the "Module Information" section. Don't forget to click on the "Advanced Settings" button as there are a lot of configuration options hidden in there.

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 03:46:04 PM »
We talked about that when I helped you set it up.
My panels working fine and the LED Vision sets the panel as 32 x 8.
Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong but led Vision does this because there's two parallel data lines running on those P10 panels.

Offline brichi

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
right but it was carrying over to XLights too where only half the panel would light properly

I went into ledvision and poked around and found a p10 32x16 preset and so far i got it going ok, only thing is all my panels are out of whack the way i had to configure them like you said Ed,

I have ALL my panels with the arrows facing up wired left to right if youre looking at it from the front and in the software i had to do the oppiste along with numbering them backrds too but im still messing around so i may come up with why

I have to rewire a little too because still adding the 9th row knocks the entire panel, not sure why. If i do 6x8 it works fine, once i do 6x9 nothing works at all

whats weird is my display is 144pixe;s in height but the vision software doesnt go past 128, its that why its messed up? i can enter 144 but it says im now outside the parameters
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:15:51 PM by brichi »

Offline Ebuechner

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
Yeah, you're not going to be able to go past 8 panels unless you're running the master branch.
And if all your panels have the arrows facing up then it would be right to left from the front.

Offline brichi

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 05:57:38 PM »
whats weird is once i add 9 panels it blanks out yet when i go to do the Pi update it says i have the latest update.

all my arrows face down and from front my controller is on left

Offline Ebuechner

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »
You would have to go to the developer.php and get the master-v1.x
I don't think the updates have been pushed to 1.10.

Offline brichi

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
ah gotcha, ill try and find it tomorrow, i have had enough today, lol