Beta SD image for FPP running on Raspbian Stretch

Author Topic: Beta SD image for FPP running on Raspbian Stretch  (Read 14992 times)

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 6
Re: Beta SD image for FPP running on Raspbian Stretch
« Reply #360 on: May 22, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
can not go static on wlan0 status page will load eventually, approx 5 minutes, but can not get any other pages to load. if its in dhcp will load all pages at normal speed

Try another IP address.  Your router likely has that one assigned to something else.

If you have used a number, knowingly or not, the router leases it out (sets as reserve for the lease period). You need to allow for that lease time to expire before assigning again.

Offline tombmatt

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #361 on: May 22, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »
yes  thank you. that worked

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #362 on: May 22, 2018, 10:42:07 AM »
yes  thank you. that worked

Sometimes these quirky little things drive you crazy........ :) ;D :)

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #363 on: May 22, 2018, 10:57:10 AM »
Don't think this is a SD problem? I am switching between about 6 of them.

I am just now trying to run lights to this new img. It does not seem to be happy set up like previous versions. I am running static etho IP with DCHP wlano. I have noticed when I set these two settings it kicks the FPPD off and will not restart. I have tried a few different ways to set etho but cannot get any blinky blinky. No output at all. I have enabled output E 131 since that is what I have always used. Also set up the outputs just as before and nothing?
Just to check my sanity I installed version 1.8 back on the SD card and ran same settings for outputs,etho,enable outputs etc...  First time the lights worked perfectly.
Does this have something to do with a newer type Pi3 B+?  I am using Pi3 B 1.2? They do have different WiFi adapters.

I also have Pi 3 Model B v1.2 and they are running fine.
You state your SD's are fine....are you using USB drives too, or is everything on the SD like mine is.
One more thing.  . . . did you expand your SD?  That is my first step after initial 315 start-up

Offline bpos

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #364 on: May 22, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »
No USB drives. All on SD. My SDs range from 16 to 64gb. They do load fine and I have tried expanding and not expanding. It seems like something is not outputting from the Ethernet side. Everything looks to run correctly when you are just looking at FPP.
Best I can figure is that its a network problem? I am running on stand alone. Is there some special settings in network to make this output to lights?
Can someone tell me how they are set in network settings?
Same exact IP address works on version 1.8. Only real difference here is that 1.8 uses USB? Maybe that has something to do with this?

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »
No USB drives. All on SD. My SDs range from 16 to 64gb. They do load fine and I have tried expanding and not expanding. It seems like something is not outputting from the Ethernet side. Everything looks to run correctly when you are just looking at FPP.

Best I can figure is that its a network problem? I am running on stand alone. Is there some special settings in network to make this output to lights?
Can someone tell me how they are set in network settings?

Same exact IP address works on version 1.8. Only real difference here is that 1.8 uses USB? Maybe that has something to do with this?

Need a little more information here to help you....FPP doesn't output directly to lights....FPP talks to Pi Hat - controller - etc which drive your lights

How are you controlling your lights?  what is your controller?

Offline bpos

« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
E682 sandevices. It is already set with universes and such. Everything works.

As mentioned before. Everything works in version 1.8. So the parameters are correct. I have tried a few PiCaps on new version 591 and they work as expected. Perhaps because the output does not come out of Ethernet?
So it makes me think whatever is happening is due to a problem transmitting out of Ethernet?  Routing is enabled. Output e131 is enabled. universes are correct.

Any ideas?  Has something changed in the network setup from 1.8 to version 591?

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #367 on: May 22, 2018, 02:52:39 PM »
Lets look at a couple pages......you may have done, but it a start check point.

#1 Do you have your Channel Output screen completed.....not new but changed.
Sample is attached  (do not use [new] channel inputs for channel outputs)
Edit:  with this one page setup, I get working lights when the Enable Test is clicked....so yes, 591 works lights.

Also, are you using the FPP test.  This eliminate errors in sequences or inputs.  Generally, if lights can lite, they will with the TEST ENABLE
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:02:34 PM by Sawdust »

Offline bpos

« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2018, 03:56:37 PM »
Sawdust I want to thank you for your help. Sometimes it takes another brain to help us remember what we already knew!

Ok this never crossed my mind to check but it is this way by default and unless your using DMX or pixelnet you probably wouldn't look twice.
I did however see this and skimmed right past it because the output was not enabled for this controller. I did not think it would work. But what it does do is screw other outputs up if it is "active".  Obviously 2 different outputs cannot be active which is why I was not getting any testing output either.

Here is what I had and you can see that the enable is not checked in Pixelnet/DMX. I decided to uncheck all the actives and viola!

Maybe we can ask to make sure that nothing is active or checked in the final version?   ;)

I re imged at least 50 times before sawdust helped me stumble on this? I was only a few checks away from this working every time!  ;D

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »

Happy we were able to work thru this . . . .  :) :) :) 8) :) :) :)

Offline Reys Dad

« Reply #370 on: May 24, 2018, 04:25:21 PM »

I also have Pi 3 Model B v1.2 and they are running fine.
You state your SD's are fine....are you using USB drives too, or is everything on the SD like mine is.
One more thing.  . . . did you expand your SD?  That is my first step after initial 315 start-up

Can you please explain how to "expand your SD" Reason I am asking is I had my PI 3B+ running fine until I did a FPP connect from xlights last night to update my outputs. After that my clock and audio disappeared and the FPP wouldn't start. Last time this happened I fixed by deleting my SD card and putting a clean image on it. I never expanded the SD so I wonder if that could have caused my crash.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 19
« Reply #371 on: May 24, 2018, 04:31:54 PM »
Can you please explain how to "expand your SD"

FPP Status/Control -> FPP Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Grow Filesystem
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / DIY controllers for everything else

Offline TxBillbr

« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2018, 07:45:30 AM »
Finally got some time to play with my new Pi3B+ and have been unsuccessful getting the FPP-v2.0-Alpha-Pi-20180315.zip to boot. I have tried both 64G and 32GB SD cards (Sandisk Ultra Xd and Xc) on the new board. No happiness there. So I tried to boot on a couple of different known good Pi3Bs. All give blink code of "Can't find the kernel". Clearly I have a problem somewhere in my copy process. I am using Win32DiskImager v1.0 on Windows 10/1803 and it successfully writes the unzipped image to the SD. Is there a possibility an md5 could be provided for the image to make sure I am working with a good download? I remember reading that winzip sometimes mishandles large zips, so I will try 7-zip today...

Offline TxBillbr

« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
It always seems right after you ask the question, the answer shows up.... ::)  Using 7zip to uncompress the image solved the problem. Doh!

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »
New Issue  . . . . . .

I can not delete an existing playlist.  Is this a bug or is there a trick to delete.