Author Topic: Going from LOR to combo Falcon/LOR  (Read 523 times)

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 25
Re: Going from LOR to combo Falcon/LOR
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »
Well, you could flip it around and ask:  what can SuperStar do that we cannot do just as easily in xLights?  :)   With the effect assist window, all the morphs and scene/images and such are very doable.   (scenes/images admittedly are a bit tougher as we save those to separate files instead of embedding in the sequence, something I've thought about adjusting, just never really prioritized it)

Seriously, with the AC Toolbar, sequencing the single channel props is just about as easy as using any of the sequencers out there.   That used to be one of the big concerns when migrating from something else.   That said, once you start really using xLights effects, most users find they don't need the AC stuff nearly as much as they thought they would.

Things like singing elements are a TON easier with xLights, and being able to take a lyric track and apply it to all kind of different types of singing elements (p10 images, 8 channel faces, pixel faces, etc... ) is very powerful.

Obviously the integration with various hardware is important (FPP, Falcon, etc...).   Performance.  Large channel counts (not talking thousands or even 10's of thousands of channels.   100's of thousands of channels "just  work".   Did I mention performance?

Things start to really shine when you start heavily using layers and groups.   Until you fully grasp both of those, a lot of the xLights power isn't revealed.   Being able to combine various effects in unusual ways to create entirely new visuals is powerful.  Being able to do those across a group, or across the entire house, or just across a section of your house or similar is something that is much harder to do with just about anything else.     That said, that gets into the learning curve a bit more.

Anyway, other than the auto-sequence stuff, I really don't think there is anything that can be done in any of the other sequencers that xLights cannot also do, but I don't believe the reverse is true. 
Dan Kulp

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 0
    • Newburgh Lights
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »
Well, you could flip it around and ask:  what can SuperStar do that we cannot do just as easily in xLights?
Is there any sort of conversation utility, or do I get to spend a couple thousand hours resequencing?

BTW, I dont use the auto-sequence thing in SuperStar - dont like the results from that.

Sent from a $&@#% iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim

Offline Todd

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 01:32:28 PM »
I looked into Superstar and didn't like the price. xLights can import LOR into it. There are many videos out there on how to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B