Author Topic: WTB : F8-Beagle boards  (Read 421 times)

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 4
WTB : F8-Beagle boards
« on: March 30, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »
I am looking for anyone willing to sell an F4, F8 or any of the boards that fit a BBB and control pixels designed by Dan Kulp.  Please message me if you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 45
Re: WTB : F8-Beagle boards
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:52:04 AM »

For what kind of timeline do you need these?   

I have a few options:

1) I have several blank boards from the initial F8-B prototypes if you want to solder some yourself.   These are 100% through hole and thus don't have the LED indicators and such.  They also don't have the expansion header.  I could come up with the digikey parts lists.

2) I have 2 F8-B still out in the yard that I could part with.  Those would be my last two working units (other than one of the through hole prototypes mentioned above, which I could also part with).   

3) I have *1* non working F8-B.  Never had time to diagnose, but I think it's a bad buck.   Irrelevant for 5v pixels, but shouldn't be too hard to swap out.

4) Along with the PocketBeagle based controller order to Elecrow, I added a small quantity of F8-B "version 2" boards.   These are pretty much exactly like the F8-PB (all the same surface mount parts) to take advantage of the quantity parts discount.   It also uses a completely new pinout that avoids GPIO0 for all the on-board stuff.  (4 pins on the the expansion port use gpio0, ran out of non-gpio0 pins).   I still need to write the FPP code for these (add a drop down to the gui to select pinout, add the pin mapping to back end), but I have some time for that as they are likely 6 weeks out or so.  I wasn't really going to mention this to folks until I had them in hand, but since you asked.  :)

Dan

Dan Kulp

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »
I may have a spare f4...let me look.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »

For what kind of timeline do you need these?   

I don't need them anytime soon.  I know myself and if I got one that needs assembled I would probably not get around to it.  I enjoy prop building but not so much electronic building that involves soldering.  I would be fine with a used version in the yard or one of the new ones?  They both have a DMX output right?  What's the price difference?   This could get shipped with my PB order as well. PM the details and I will send you a PayPal payment.

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 45
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »

I don't need them anytime soon.  I know myself and if I got one that needs assembled I would probably not get around to it.  I enjoy prop building but not so much electronic building that involves soldering.  I would be fine with a used version in the yard or one of the new ones?  They both have a DMX output right?  What's the price difference?   This could get shipped with my PB order as well. PM the details and I will send you a PayPal payment.

Let me get the "v2" boards in and tested first... I don't want to sell you something that isn't working.  They should be in the same box from China as the  I've added a note to your group buy order to check with you first before shipping it. 

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:10:41 PM »

Let me get the "v2" boards in and tested first... I don't want to sell you something that isn't working.  They should be in the same box from China as the  I've added a note to your group buy order to check with you first before shipping it.
That will work. Let me know what I owe you.