Author Topic: Setting up playlist not working in ALPHA  (Read 160 times)

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 0
Setting up playlist not working in ALPHA
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:25:35 PM »
I have the latest ALPHA 2 and im trying to setup a playlist but no matter what I click, Nothing happens

I go into the playlist area, type in a new name, elect "Sequence" from the drop down and highlight a sequence to add but when I click add or save nothing happens, nothing gets added. Even if I click on existing playlists they dont populate the info underneath to show the name and whats in it

FPP Version:
v2.x-master-573-g541b5e38
FPP OS Build:
v2.0alpha
OS Version:
Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Kernel Version:
4.14.26-v7+
Git Branch:
master
Local Git Version:
541b5e3 ChangeLog[/font]
Remote Git Version:
541b5e3

Offline brichi

Re: Setting up playlist not working in ALPHA
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »
heres a video clicking around so you can see the version, files and how I cannot add anything, hope it helps. I tried in Chrome and Safari on my Mac, all the latest versions

https://youtu.be/nqap7V9vP_k

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 86
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:28:59 PM »
Just duplicated your steps, RasPi3, same exact version, but my new "test" playlist did accept an fseq and saved.

In FPP Settings, what is your External Storage Device?

Offline brichi

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:32:50 AM »
Just duplicated your steps, RasPi3, same exact version, but my new "test" playlist did accept an fseq and saved.

my USB drive, 64GB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WfCLK80ZIKoWYFCErrG4ZZ_8k6ytTi97/view?usp=sharing

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:25:38 AM »

my USB drive, 64GB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WfCLK80ZIKoWYFCErrG4ZZ_8k6ytTi97/view?usp=sharing
I would suggest trying with a 32gb drive. I've never had good luck with 64gb.

Is it formatted fat32 or ext4 or btrfs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 25
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:31:30 AM »
If you completely reload the page and try editing just the playlist, does it work?    My gut feeling is it's the rename of the playlist that is disconnecting the web frontend from the storage.   I've been creating and editing playlists a bunch the last couple days so some of it is working, but I've never renamed one.
Dan Kulp

Offline brichi

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 06:33:11 AM »
If you completely reload the page and try editing just the playlist, does it work?    My gut feeling is it's the rename of the playlist that is disconnecting the web frontend from the storage.   I've been creating and editing playlists a bunch the last couple days so some of it is working, but I've never renamed one.

I tried it all trying to get it to work, even rebooted the Pi a few times and then create a new playlist and I cant add anything. only thing I have not tried was changing the storage back to the SD card to see if it was something with the USB drive

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »

I tried it all trying to get it to work, even rebooted the Pi a few times and then create a new playlist and I cant add anything. only thing I have not tried was changing the storage back to the SD card to see if it was something with the USB drive

Try accessing the FPP with a file manager. In Windows, I type \\192.168.0.90 in the search window at the bottom left and it opens in a File Management mode. Work into the directories and find "sequences" and try deleting all your existing Playlists.  They are ".json" files. If that doesn't work, perhaps you've done something to corrupt the JSON routines.

\\192.168.0.90\fpp\playlists

Offline brichi

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:05 PM »
will do, ill try later when I get home, never want to piss off the J-SON, lol

Offline brichi

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »

Try accessing the FPP with a file manager. In Windows, I type \\192.168.0.90 in the search window at the bottom left and it opens in a File Management mode. Work into the directories and find "sequences" and try deleting all your existing Playlists.  They are ".json" files. If that doesn't work, perhaps you've done something to corrupt the JSON routines.

\\192.168.0.90\fpp\playlists

that worked, thank you. I deleted the 2 through the browser, refreshed falcon window and its back running normal again

Is there an area to see how to setup things like triggering tune to signs to start and stop and a background sequence I want to run to turn a light on at the begging an turn off at the end of the last sequence?