Author Topic: Alpha 315 v2.x-master-574-g73f4a39a - - Elapsed or remaining time not working  (Read 585 times)

Online Sawdust

• Kudos: 5
I haven't tested much in the last week or so, but when I ran FPP today, I noticed that neither the elapsed time of remaining time were working - frozen on zeros.  Playlist is running fine, lights appear to be correct.  Looked at multisync on a v1.9 and it shows the 2.0 at 0:00 too.  No local indication, multisync indication or master/remote indication.

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1
I noticed this too just now and also noticed the songs are about a half second off from the lights. Each track does it and if I play then in xlights with FPP in bridge mode, they are right on, it only if I play the sequence and media file from FPP in master. tried messing with the offset setting in settings but no matter what I change it to it has no effect. the track starts and the lights are since but it seems to drift as the song goes on and is way off towards the end.

running same v2.x-master-574-g73f4a39a
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:52:36 PM by brichi »

Online Sawdust

Update:

Sequence only will process elapsed time, media only will not. Sequence and Media will not process the elapsed time.  Media seems to be an issue for the elapsed time.

Online Sawdust

Update2:

Same issues in BeagleBone Black.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
I know what this issue is and have a local fix.  I will try to get it pushed tomorrow.  I was out of town last week on business and didn't get in much coding time last week or this, but I did find/fix this bug tonight while setting up a demo for a presentation for the PacNW mini coming up on Saturday.
-
Chris

Online Sawdust

Focus on the mini....elapsed time fix can wait for you.....

Online Sawdust

Alpha2:  v2.x-master-577-gc4641e4c

CaptainMurdoch, did the issue slip . . . latest update still doesn't run elapsed time when media is included.

Offline kd7hgt

• Kudos: 0
I am running  v2.x-master-575-g1df135b5 (master branch) with NO audio problems.  Both timers are working fine for me.  I did have the same problem in the past but it's fine now.  I am running 4 BeagleBone's and 1 Pi but still on 1.10 wit the Pi.

Online Sawdust

I am running  v2.x-master-575-g1df135b5 (master branch) with NO audio problems.  Both timers are working fine for me.  I did have the same problem in the past but it's fine now.  I am running 4 BeagleBone's and 1 Pi but still on 1.10 wit the Pi.
Don't know if testing my BBB provides correct information because I do not have a sound board installed.  BBB is dedicated to a P5 panel.  However when I add a MP3 file to the sequence, the BBB displays time remaining correctly, but does not count down....nor does the elapsed time count up.

My Pi 1.10 works fine....the issue is v2.x on the Pi.

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 31
Don't know if testing my BBB provides correct information because I do not have a sound board installed.  BBB is dedicated to a P5 panel.  However when I add a MP3 file to the sequence, the BBB displays time remaining correctly, but does not count down....nor does the elapsed time count up.

My Pi 1.10 works fine....the issue is v2.x on the Pi.

Interesting.... I THOUGHT SDL would provide an error if a sound output device wasn't found.   Apparently it's not.   I'll need to look into that a bit more.

Dan Kulp

Offline JerryPlak

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Giving a Big thumbs up for Ver v2.x-master-581-gcfe97eba  Elapsed or remaining time now working  :)
Jerry Plak

Online dkulp

• Developer
Giving a Big thumbs up for Ver v2.x-master-581-gcfe97eba  Elapsed or remaining time now working  :)

Mostly because I changed the default to use the SDL based output instead of mpg123 or ogg123.   

SDL is also what xLights uses for sound output.  Thus, hopefully, things are more in sync with what xLights produces.   In addition, SDL support additional formats.   I added m4v to the list as that's what you get by default from iTunes.   

I'd also be curious if it fixes the "robot audio" issue with the vast-fm transmitters on the Pi.   

Offline JerryPlak

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
I can test  for the "robot audio" issue with the vast-fm transmitters on the Pi. on Sunday, as I will be at the LUO event on Saturday 😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:01:20 AM by JerryPlak »

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1

Mostly because I changed the default to use the SDL based output instead of mpg123 or ogg123.   

SDL is also what xLights uses for sound output.  Thus, hopefully, things are more in sync with what xLights produces.   In addition, SDL support additional formats.   I added m4v to the list as that's what you get by default from iTunes.   

I'd also be curious if it fixes the "robot audio" issue with the vast-fm transmitters on the Pi.

Dan this is in line fixing the issue I had on the other thread too right being you mentioned "syncing issues"?

Online dkulp

• Developer

Dan this is in line fixing the issue I had on the other thread too right being you mentioned "syncing issues"?

Yes.   The change is mostly the equivalent of setting the ForceSDL setting that you did.    Just kind of reverse.   The default is now SDL and there is a check box on the FPP settings page to enable the legacy outputs (only on Pi, BBB doesn't have the legacy programs installed).   Hopefully nobody needs that setting.