Author Topic: Adding Triggered Event in XSchedule  (Read 247 times)

Offline thespica93

• Kudos: 0
Adding Triggered Event in XSchedule
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:59:10 AM »
Hello everyone,
I have reached out to a few people now and everyone has been a great help. I am working on a project for a fire department where I am adding pixels to the perimeter of the garage doors, and rooflines. They have made a request that when they get a fire call, they would like the lights to flash and strobe red and white for a brief time while the truck is pulling out to go to the call. And then resume back to the original sequence

I want to do a dual relay, 1st would be the fire siren going off in the town, the 2nd would be when the garage door opens. This would then trigger the flashing sequence.

I have talked to some people and we all agree that the background sequence should be the seasonal everyday lighting sequence, and then the flashing sequence would be a triggered event in XSchedule.

My questions become, I have no idea how to even set this up in XSchedule?
I also don't know what kind of relay I need to purchase for this.

Here is the specs of everything
1) we are using 24V pixels
2) I am using 5 controllers
3) I am using a Dell Laptop to run XSchedule

I would like the show to run from the laptop, I want the sequences too be stored to my laptop. I don't want the sequences to be stored on FPP or a BBB.

Can anyone give me some more guidance please?
Thank you for all of your time!
-Nick

Offline jlarson

Re: Adding Triggered Event in XSchedule
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 11:29:16 AM »
Keith has made a video on how to do this and it was mentioned on the xlights facebook page last week. I have the links at home and will try to post them in the next couple of days.

Offline jlarson

Re: Adding Triggered Event in XSchedule
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:59:03 PM »
Here is the video. Start it at 23 minutes in.      https://youtu.be/t8WxUOoyuFs