Author Topic: Pixel Mega Tree Mount on Pole  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 5
Re: Pixel Mega Tree Mount on Pole
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 06:21:50 PM »
How big of a tub does it take and how many strings of what size per tub.  I like this better than rolling like was mentioned prior that I did as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Todd

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 07:33:08 PM »
Sounds a heck of a lot easier than my way.  8)

Actually, the method was arrived at when we added the 8th MegaTree.  Putting them away was taking a long time, and it was cold out there.  My wife asked if there was extra room in the storage unit. I said yes.  She didn't say anything else - just left.  30 minutes later she was back with much larger storage totes.  And that was that.  :)

Sounds like a new plan for this year for me! 8)
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon F16V3 F48, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 10:27:11 AM »
How big of a tub does it take and how many strings of what size per tub.  I like this better than rolling like was mentioned prior that I did as well.

7 of the trees range in height from 12 feet to 16 feet. The 12s and 14s are 16 Boscoyo strips each. The 16 foot tree is 24 strips.  The big guy, 30 feet up, has 32 strings - 100 pixels per string, attached to coated metal cable.

Measurements on the box the 16 is in comes to: 20" wide x 30" long x 16" tall (Rubbermaid).  Note that the 16' is made of the first generation of white Boscoyo strips.   Still going strong.

Sorry, but others are in the Convex behind a lot of other stuff.  Can't get measurements or pictures.
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Offline nutz4lights

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »

Anybody have an email for these guys?  I am not on the Face Book.

There are several good options out there, but the ones from Overkill Metal Products I believe are the best and strongest. https://www.facebook.com/OverkillMetals/

Thanks!

-Louie
Videos @ Cape Sable Lights

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 07:39:24 AM »
Anybody have an email for these guys?  I am not on the Face Book.
Try:
randonjohnson@yahoo.com

Here is his latest creation (as seen on FACEBOOK  ;D )

Quote from: Overkill Metal Products
Tell me what you think about the super topper all in one. It is a 32-48-64 360 T topper all in one. Start your show small with a 16 strand 180 degree tree and as your tree grows you don't have to replace the topper.

No automatic alt text available.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:47:02 AM by pixelpuppy »
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / homemade controllers for everything else