Author Topic: Unable to get F16v3 to work with 4-String Differential Receiver Board  (Read 233 times)

Offline vcuncg

• Kudos: 0

Hello everyone - I have dug around on the forum, but could not find a solution to my issue, so apologies if there is already something out there I may have missed.  I have an F16v3 and a 4-String Differential Receiver Board.  I am connecting them using a cat5 cable on the DMX1/Receiver port.  My issue is as follows:
Ports 1-11 on the F16v3 work as expected; however, I can not get the ports on the expansion board to work.  Sometimes I get some lights flashing, and sometimes nothing.  I think there is an issue with my setup in XLights and the F16v3 board.  I have screen shots of everything on this post.  Can anyone point me to where I may be making a mistake?  I am really lost on this one.  Thanks so much!

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 69
Your universe 8 is mapped to absolute address 3166 in xlights but in controller it is mapped to 3571. I think universe 9 is off too.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 49
I use F16v2/3 with one differential receiver and have for the last 2 years.

In the F16 I have to configure it to include 1 expansion board.  That adds the code and table to let you have 20 total channels where the differential receiver is ports 17 - 20. 

I've never used a differential receiver at ports less than 17.

Jim
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Falcon and Lynx, all 12v
Multisync with Pi and BBB
P10 and P5

Offline vcuncg

• Kudos: 0
THANK YOU!  I fixed the addresses and then added the expansion board to use 17-19, and it worked!  I was going crazy, and sometimes it is a simple fix! 

Thanks again for the help.