Author Topic: 4-String Differential Receiver Board Power Supply  (Read 512 times)

Offline Camphouse

• Kudos: 0
4-String Differential Receiver Board Power Supply
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:27:10 PM »
Buying 4 of the 4-String Differential Receiver Boards and a F16V2/F16V3 Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable to drive two groups of 8 pixel props - 8 100 Pixel Mini Trees, 8 50 Pixel Snowflakes.

I have some questions:

Does anyone have suggestions on power supplies for the Receiver Boards?

Is it feasible to use one power supply for 2 of the Receiver boards and have enough power to run the 8 connected strings of pixels without the need to power inject? Distance between props is a minimum of 5 ft and a maximum of '15 ft.

Can I connect 2 F16V2/F16V3 Differential Expansion Boards to the F16V3 controller?
Thanks,
Chester

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 74
Re: 4-String Differential Receiver Board Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:26:51 PM »
Powering 2 receivers from one power supply is a great idea.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 10
Re: 4-String Differential Receiver Board Power Supply
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
We have a large prop that uses all 16 outputs on the F16V3, and all 4 of the remotes - each pushing 4 outputs to various items (the "other" 16).  We centralized our power supplies (at the F16V3) and push all 4 of the remotes off of them.  If I remember correctly (the props and controllers are in the convex) two power supplies push the two sides of the F16, and the third pushes the 8 remotes.  We just ran 12 gauge wire from the central location to each of the remotes.

Now I must mention that our power requirements were scrutinized so that each of the power supplies are handling the proper amount, and are not taking their coverage above 80% of the load for their section. 

Everything circled in yellow (attached image) is controlled and supplied by this setup.  (The layout is 85 feet wide.)
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!