Author Topic: Issue with the DMX output.  (Read 98 times)

Offline Hackstage

• Kudos: 0
Issue with the DMX output.
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:04:54 AM »
Hey guys!
I have a stage which is running LEDstrings that are controlled by the F16v3, but I also have some standard 6ch eurolite LEDbars running off DMX. I would love to get the LEDbars on the same system as my LEDstrings.
I therefor made the RJ45 - DMX adaptor following the instructions and wiring in the manual. Setup Serial output 2 as Universe 1 on DMX setting.
My strings are running on Universe 3 and up.[size=78%] [/size]

But everytime I plug my LEDbars to the pixelcontroller, it seems like the pixelcontroller is just sending 255 on every channel. 'Cause my LEDbars go on full white, and the shutter also go on full flickr. Checking my ARTNETmonitor, I'm not sending anything out. My jumpers are also on 'DMX' and not on 'LOR'

Anyone had the same issue?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 86
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Issue with the DMX output.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:54:39 AM »
Only time I had that problem was when I had Data+ and Data- reversed. All white, all the time.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:27:54 AM »
I agree with Jon.   Reverse Data +/- is the most likely problem.

But also check to make sure the serial jumpers on the Falcon controller board are set right.  They are normally on the DMX position, but check to make they are not on LOR

xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / DIY controllers for everything else

Offline Hackstage

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »
Yeah i fucked up. Figured out i was looking at the dmx wiring wrong . swapped + and - noe its working. Thanks!