FPP Crashing Network

Author Topic: FPP Crashing Network  (Read 266 times)

Offline Emminz

• Kudos: 0
FPP Crashing Network
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:09:11 AM »
I have a networking issue with FPP.  Maybe "crashing" isn't the correct word but here's what's happening.  When I power up my Pi with FPP, it boots up and then my other wireless devices fall off my network.  After about a minute they all come back but I don't have access to the web UI on FPP.   
  • I have the same issue whether I use DHCP or a static IP address. 
  • FPP does get an IP address when it boots up.  I've plugged a monitor in so I can see it boot up and it obtain an IP address.
  • The SSID and password appeal to be set up properly under network settings. 
  • When I boot up FPP with the ethernet plugged in, no problems.  All works fine. 
  • There are no shows running so I know it's not any type of pixel data jamming things up.  These are fresh installs. 
  • I've tested this on a Pi3b+ and a Pi2B.  They each have their own SD card with FPP and their own USB drive so I know I'm not "cross contaminating" each Pi with whatever is on each card. 
  • The Pi3 is using the built in wifi.  The Pi2 using a wifi dongle.
  • I am running the latest update of FPP 2.0
Any thoughts?  I brand new to both Pi's and FPP so I could be overlooking something super simple.

Thanks
Scott

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: FPP Crashing Network
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »
Try with the check for updates turned off. It checks for updates as just about the 1st thing after boot up so this may be what is occurring.

Offline Emminz

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
Try with the check for updates turned off. It checks for updates as just about the 1st thing after boot up so this may be what is occurring.

How do I do that?  I'm guessing it would be on the About page with all the other "update stuff".  "Disable Auto Update" is already checked so I have to manually do the updates but it doesn't have anything to disable checking for updates.

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 11:06:10 PM »
It's the disable auto update that I was thinking of.

Offline wspmf1

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 02:11:55 PM »
Have you run a network scanner like Fing to make sure you dont have an IP address conflict.  It has happened to me before. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick P

Offline jhoybs

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »
Also make sure that you've changed the names of each device to be different.  If any are the same, you will have a problem.
Jim H.
Muskego, WI
Falcon F16v3, PiCap, FPPs. Lynx Expresses, xLights

Offline Emminz

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 04:28:37 AM »
Names are all good.  I'll have to scan the network.  I did see that there was a firmware update for my router.  I ran it and now I can access the Pi's via the web UI but I still have the crashing problem on boot up.  It's still a pain, but not the end of the world so it may be an issue I'll have to live with for the time being.  At least I'm functional now.