Normal For FPPD to stop and start between some sequences in a playlist?

Author Topic: Normal For FPPD to stop and start between some sequences in a playlist?  (Read 130 times)

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1
I have been noticing this a lot lately and just worried it will stop and not restart,

I start a scheduled playlist and its 10 sequences and media files in a row and as I watch them go from one sequence to the next sometimes FPPD status will go from running to stopped back to running again all within like 203 seconds as it goes to the next sequence. In the FPPD log it shows nothing but the tracks going from one to the next and so on, no errors inbetween

Version:

Offline brichi

caught on a screen capture, you can see as it gets to the next track that FPPD stops and starts for no reason really, I have played it another few times and it doesn't stop so not sure why it does this

https://youtu.be/JVFgglAJt6U

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 35

I don't believe it's actually "stopping", otherwise there would be info in the logs when it restarted.   I believe there is a new status code being sent from the back end that the frontend doesn't understand.   Thus, it displays it's default "Stopped" until it gets a status it does understand.   
Dan Kulp

Offline brichi

gotcha, so nothing to worry about then im assuming?