Author Topic: Configuring serial ports  (Read 107 times)

Offline MonstrousMike

• Kudos: 0
    • MonstrousMike on Facebook
Configuring serial ports
« on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »
I already use serial output 1 to control my LOR controllers, set to use DMX universe 1 (start channel 1). I plan to control a fog machine via DMX and will probably use serial port 2. Can I configure serial port 2 to also use DMX universe 1? My LOR boxes only use DMX channels 1 - 152 (eight 16 channel controllers + one CTB24), so there are a lot of unused channels in DMX universe 1. The fog machine would be set to start at DMX channel 153 or higher, but below DMX 513. Why? I start my pixel ports at DMX universe 2 (start channel 513). I don't want to have to change my pixel port settings, and thus my channel settings in xLights. I suppose I could set serial port 2 to use the first DMX channel after my pixel ports. But then I'd have to update the DMX channel on the fog machine and thus in xLights if (more like when) I add a 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th receiver board.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Online pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 17
Re: Configuring serial ports
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »
Yes you can output the same universe data on multiple serial ports
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / DIY controllers for everything else

Offline MonstrousMike

• Kudos: 0
    • MonstrousMike on Facebook
Re: Configuring serial ports
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 11:01:16 AM »
Awesome! Thank you!