F16v2 Blue board quit working properly

Author Topic: F16v2 Blue board quit working properly  (Read 176 times)

Offline ted@lasersmith.com

• Kudos: 0
F16v2 Blue board quit working properly
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:19:04 PM »
Hello,
I mounted my F16v2 into a new enclosure and added two new power supplies rated at 30A each.  I haven't powered the board since Christmas of last year.  I booted and everything looked alright, with the board communicating with the browser.  Shortly after (same day) I noticed my voltage, V2 indicates 8V (confirmed to be 12V at the power input terminals and on outputs 1 and 4 of each green pixel output terminal, measured by a Fluke meter. I'm running firmware 1.02.  I tried to factory reset the board by holding down the Select button and powering up with no luck either.  The LEDs wouldn't blink as described and the OLED screen continues to display the static IP address I set for it.  If I go into test mode all but the last four terminals (four on the expansion board) will output the color sequence.  I swapped the 74HCT573N latches on the expansion board with no change.  If I try to run a group of universes in test mode in xLights, I only get a small portion of the lights to operate.  I've set all ports at 50 LEDs/string, WS2811, 510 channels per universe.  I ave an Air Port sACN wireless unit (which I disconnected from service during troubleshooting) and it streams what I send it from xLights just fine. 

Any suggestions?
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:49:40 PM by ted@lasersmith.com »

Re: F16v2-R board quit working properly
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:06:57 PM »
I just tried to upload the firmware through the USB port using the USB uploader.  It doesn't see a USB device connected, even using my phone's micro USB cable.  Is there any other way to set the controller back to factory settings so I can move forward?
Thanks,
Ted

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 89
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: F16v2-R board quit working properly
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 07:45:59 PM »
Email to Dave Pitts may be your best shot at this point (its on the Store page)

but, it sounds to me like one of the voltage regulators or diodes for the small board has quit working.

Re: F16v2 Blue board quit working properly
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
Thanks, Jon.... I tested both voltage regulators.  VR1, when my meter is connected steady to +12v (green terminal 4) and the the tab is measured on the regulator is the same voltage as indicated on the OLED screen.  Do you know the part number of the regulator?  Think I'm going to buy a V3 board this weekend and fix this one if possible and use as a secondary backup (if it's repaired).
Thanks again!