v2.X - Master Pi skipping ahead of the remote pi's causing delay in remotes imag

Author Topic: v2.X - Master Pi skipping ahead of the remote pi's causing delay in remotes imag  (Read 437 times)

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1

Hey guys, I posted this on FB and GitHub area but I never know where the best place is to reports issues being there's 3 so here it is......

I'm noticing in the last few weeks of updates including the latest 644-g035a8e8d  that my Master Pi keeps jumping way ahead in time over the remotes, I have a 15 minute pre-show sequence with a 15 minute audio track, it all triggers fine and as it gets closer to 5:30 in the time keeps jumping up more and more over the remotes. You can see in the video how the Master is already 3-4 seconds ahead of the remotes and but the end its almost 2:30 seconds quicker ending the remotes way off including the image on the screens, The master is skipping ahead but the audio sounds fine. anything that seems to be under 5:30 minutes are fine, its just this long 15 minute sequence that goes off track

video explaining and showing it all - [size=78%]https://youtu.be/dIWO1GpaqpE[/size]

running
Master - Pi 3B+
Remotes are Pi 3 B's

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 6
You may want to join in this thread . . . I think it is the same.
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,9204.msg85930.html#msg85930

Offline brichi

seems similar, ill add to that, thanks!

I just tested something that works. The original 15 minute sequence was a musical one like I mentioned, I converted that In sequence settings to "animation" being in FPP the track is separate anyway. Not the sequence is animation in XLights with no audio track packaged into the fpp and now all the Pi's stay in sync so maybe this is an issue only when you have a 15minute audio track packaged into the sequence?

Offline patdelaney

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 9
I have been doing Multisync testing with video tracks (mp4)  but they were only a minute. I have a 5 minute version and a 30 minute version. I will try that. No pixel data   just video.

Pat

Offline brichi

Pat is it a musical sequence? I noticed I have this issue with a 15 musical once but once I changed it to animation and saved it all, moved the new FSEQ to the Pi's without the MP3 packaged in the FSEQ then they are staying in sync.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 19

Is this the old  CBR vs. VBR audio encoding issue, or is that ancient history?  I make sure my FPP audio files are encoded with Constant Bit Rate because some time ago, Variable Bit Rate audio was difficult to keep in sync.  I've never gone back and tried VBR to see if that's still a restriction.
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / DIY controllers for everything else

Offline brichi

I always to CBR, old DJ habit when importing, VBR is horrible, lol

Offline JerryPlak

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Thanks for asking about the audio files CBR.. now are they 128, 192 or 320 CBR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jerry Plak

Offline brichi

Thanks for asking about the audio files CBR.. now are they 128, 192 or 320 CBR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the 1 I'm using is 128, the others may be 320 but for the issue im having the track that was used is 128

Offline Sawdust

I tried testing my master and 2-remotes.  Do not have anything 15 minutes sequence, or even close, but I do have a 5 sequence playlist that exceeds 15 minutes.  This seems to run just fine from start to end of 5th song.  Multisync does not seem to display the elapsed timing correctly, but it does not harm the Master or Remote sync.  Multisync time sync is not an error, just a multisync WiFi delay.

Edit Addition:  Master is 1.10 and remotes are v2.0-616 and v2.0-644

Offline brichi

yeah my regular playlists play fine, its only an issue when you play 1 long 15 minute sequence. The original 15 minute sequence was a musical one like I mentioned, I converted that In sequence settings to "animation" being in FPP the track is separate anyway. Not the sequence is animation in XLights with no audio track packaged into the fpp and now all the Pi's stay in sync so maybe this is an issue only when you have a 15minute audio track packaged into the sequence? Dan has the info and my files, [font=system-ui, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, .sfnstext-regular, sans-serif]I[/font] am sure he will track it down

Offline Sawdust

You had me concerned.....

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 35

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce.  :(

That said, my Master/Remotes are all hardwired and into the same switch.   I'll try flipping things over to wifi tomorrow, but my network is fully managed (all managed switches) with separate vlans and and access points so I rarely see any issues with wifi either.

Dan Kulp

Offline Sawdust

Although everything appears to be running in sync, the Multisync isn't displaying elapsed time correctly.  Here is a screen shot with the a remote ahead of the master, and a remote behind the master -  but they were in sync.

Edit:  yes, it is update 616 not 644.  I keep some FPP's behind a few updates for different testing.  Does the same on the other remote or Master that is running v1.10.

Offline brichi

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce.  :(

That said, my Master/Remotes are all hardwired and into the same switch.   I'll try flipping things over to wifi tomorrow, but my network is fully managed (all managed switches) with separate vlans and and access points so I rarely see any issues with wifi either.

is that with my stuff I sent you? I also added the m4a to the playlist to play along with it if that matters

only thing I haven't tried is reloading FPP from the July update with a fresh install but all my manual updates have been running fine except for this issue. my version says 644
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:09:21 AM by brichi »