Author Topic: FPP and Cosmic Color Pixie  (Read 127 times)

Offline gsnyder

• Kudos: 0
FPP and Cosmic Color Pixie
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:38:38 PM »
Hello all.  I have been dabbling in this stuff for a couple of years with only a couple of LOR CTB controllers and some LED lights.  This year I picked up a Cosmic Color Pixie and a couple of strings of the CCBs.  Can I integrate this new controller with my current setup?  If so, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent tutorial.  I have been all over google and I have found very little.  If not, do you know what I need to add or change to integrate these pixels with my standard lights. 

Thanks in advance!

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 8
Re: FPP and Cosmic Color Pixie
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »
Your current setup?
You're not telling us what you're trying to run this from.
If you're trying to run this from xlights, would be one thing you would need to go to the xlights Forum or Facebook group to start.
If you're still using Lor you'll need to go to there Forum to ask questions.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:16:48 PM by Ebuechner »

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 3
    • Newburgh Lights
Re: FPP and Cosmic Color Pixie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »
I don't have a Pixie controller, so my only information is the manual for it.  However as I read the manual, the Pixie 2 (also known as the Cosmic Color Controller II) does not support DMX protocol.  The Pixie 2D does support DMX.  As such, it can not be controlled as a DMX output from a Falcon controller.However with that said, what I could not determine from the manual is what is the chip type of the CCBs and if they can be driven directly by a Falcon controller.  As I recall, the new Cosmic Color Ribbon IIs are WS2811 and therefore can be driven by almost any pixel controller.  I don't know about current CCBs.
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
Jim