Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Display Items / Re: Pixel Mega Tree Mount on Pole
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 07:39:24 AM »
Anybody have an email for these guys?  I am not on the Face Book.
Try:
randonjohnson@yahoo.com

Here is his latest creation (as seen on FACEBOOK  ;D )

Quote from: Overkill Metal Products
Tell me what you think about the super topper all in one. It is a 32-48-64 360 T topper all in one. Start your show small with a 16 strand 180 degree tree and as your tree grows you don't have to replace the topper.

No automatic alt text available.

but not going static causes an issue if the Pi decides to pull a new IP address on power up, youre in the same boat not knowing unless youre plugged in and then you have to change your shows IP address if the Pi is part of the show. In a case like mine I would never leave DHCP on

I don't get it... why do you need to know the IP address at all?     Not a single one of my controllers has had a static IP address for the last 3 years.   In xLights and FPP, I have everything configured by host name.   If the ip address changes on reboot, who cares?   The hostname still resolves correctly to the new IP address.

for now im triggering a few BBB's by CURL with the IP address as per your recommendation a few months back, if the addresses change then the path is incorrect

but not going static causes an issue if the Pi decides to pull a new IP address on power up, youre in the same boat not knowing unless youre plugged in and then you have to change your shows IP address if the Pi is part of the show. In a case like mine I would never leave DHCP on

I don't get it... why do you need to know the IP address at all?     Not a single one of my controllers has had a static IP address for the last 3 years.   In xLights and FPP, I have everything configured by host name.   If the ip address changes on reboot, who cares?   The hostname still resolves correctly to the new IP address.

Either static or DHCP, I call up ech0 connection by name not IP.  FPP./  or for me it is FPP3/ or FPP3A/  or  FPP2/ and etc.

which is fine to call up but if the IP changes if you leave it on DHCP in my case, then half my show is down, lol
Either static or DHCP, I call up ech0 connection by name not IP.  FPP./  or for me it is FPP3/ or FPP3A/  or  FPP2/ and etc.

I have a dumb question. If you happen to enter the wrong IP address in the network config (etho) how do you get back to where you can change it? If I put all my info on the SDcard then I have trouble getting back to the information.
The browser says I cannot connect now and I am not sure how to delete the etho file to start again?
It is difficult to SSH into it since the HDMI is disabled?

I know people like to go all "Static IP" but you are demonstrating the primary reason to leave eth0 in DHCP.

I have a dumb question. If you happen to enter the wrong IP address in the network config (etho) how do you get back to where you can change it? If I put all my info on the SDcard then I have trouble getting back to the information.
The browser says I cannot connect now and I am not sure how to delete the etho file to start again?
It is difficult to SSH into it since the HDMI is disabled?

I know people like to go all "Static IP" but you are demonstrating the primary reason to leave eth0 in DHCP.
HDMI is disabled by default. Hypothetically the IP address is typed in wrong. No way of connecting. I hate to think the only way back to square 1 is to re-img?
Especially after inputting dozens of output channels info and playlist and sequences and such.
Is there a way to get to the information (folders) if you use the boot device storage?  A nice thing about using the USB is that you never lose the img if something in files needs to be changed?

on the Pi the HDMI output will show all the info as it boots up, plug in the monitor first and then turn the Pi on, I use all of mine on my monitors so its not disabled if the monitor is plugged in first before boot
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Beta testing audio board
« Last post by Jojoed on Today at 05:14:24 AM »
Anyone else doing beta testing on the audio board for the f16v3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plug the Pi directly into the LAN port of a computer that has WireShark installed.  Start WireShark and start a capture on that LAN port.  Then power up the Pi.  At some point you will start seeing traffic from the Pi.  See what address the traffic is coming from.  Change your computer to an address on that subnet and then you should be able to connect to the Pi.
If you don't have WireShark, you can download it from:  https://www.wireshark.org/download.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10