Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Where to get the 4pin screw terminal
« Last post by Lucardious on September 25, 2017, 11:38:34 PM »
Where do I buy replacement 4pin screw terminals for the F16V3?  Output 2 is damaged and I would like to replace it.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Virtual strings with Null pixels
« Last post by David Pitts on September 25, 2017, 11:38:03 PM »
I will be posting a firmware update real soon to address several issues including this one. Check the F16V3 product page in a couple days for beta release.
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/index.php?id_product=48&controller=product
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: BeagleBoneBlack no longer sees the SD slot
« Last post by JonB256 on September 25, 2017, 10:36:18 PM »
If I hold the S2 button, it never starts flashing (like it did 2 days ago). No cape installed.

This BBB will be usable in Bridge mode only now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi sound cards from hifiberry
« Last post by JonB256 on September 25, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »
I got that 6 years ago so I doubt it. I'll look though.

I bought 3 and one failed. The others are used frequently.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi sound cards from hifiberry
« Last post by mikentn on September 25, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »
So the HifiBerry Dac+ states it can support files up to 192Khz/24Bit while the SoundBlaster is limited to 96Khz. How is it that the 96 sounds better??

It's a mystery. It shouldn't, perhaps, but it does to my ear (and good headphones). The HiFiBerry was better than the stock Pi output but not enough to be worth the hassles it caused me (not always working after a reboot or update without re-running scripts).

The Soundblaster just popped right into the list of Sound Devices and has remained there.

I am re-evaluating my sound files now. The OGG files seemed cleaner to me than the same MP3 files. If my source file is a WAV file, I'll use OGG. If sourced as a constant bit rate MP3, I won't convert. I may consider converting a variable bit rate though.

For input to my EDM transmitter (not the RDS version), I use a balanced volume control device (passive, with a thumbwheel, constant impedance) with a mini stereo plug on one end and male RCA outputs to the EDM.

Jon, do you happen to have the ordering info for the volume control cable??

Thanks!
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Virtual strings with Null pixels
« Last post by estepd on September 25, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »
I guess the easiest route here is to move this remote receiver to the expansion on the V2 controller.  I did some further testing and found that it only appears when the virtual strings are configured.  A single string by itself with nulls was lit properly, and if I modified the number of nulls in the virtual strings the results were predictable.

I thought maybe just adjusting the number of pixels in the last string would make everything look right but I don't think that xlights would know what was going on.

Dwight
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/Pi/Rons Matrix controller 12 panels?
« Last post by MarkB on September 25, 2017, 07:59:42 PM »
OK... Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.... I now have it working!!!  :D

Before I attempted to reformat the USB drive, though,  I decided to poke around at its contents first.  I found the JSON file used to hold the LED matrix configuration.  I noticed some strange settings within that first set of panels, so I made the logical modifications manually and restarted the Pi.  Everything now works as expected!

So I believe this is a bug in the FPP firmware, because the modifications made within the user interface were not being faithfully reproduced when the JSON configuration file was being updated.  Perhaps the code needs to perform a sanity check on the parameter values it reads in from the file during initialization and force any out-of-bounds or invalid values to legitimate values to prevent this in the future.

One other concern comes to me after this experience... what happens if my display loses power while the Pi is active?  Do I run the same risk of corrupting the USB contents and throwing the display into a strange mode of operation?  Is there some way to prevent this, such as modify the file attributes for the contents of the USB drive to read-only???

Mark
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/Pi/Rons Matrix controller 12 panels?
« Last post by MarkB on September 25, 2017, 07:36:59 PM »
Sure looks to me like on row 1 output 1 and 2 are identical and there is no output 4.  Check your panel config again and maybe swap the cable from the adapter to the first panel with another row.
Thanks for the suggestion... I tried swapping cables such that output 1 drives row 2, output 2 drives row 3 and output 3 drives row 1 (rotated the outputs).  That just moved the malfunction to row 2 (followed the output 1 cable).  So I re-arranged the configuration in FPP to follow the way the cables were arranged (picture below) and the problem re-appeared on row 1.  So it does not appear to be a problem with the Pi or the adapter board or the cable, and it does not appear to be a problem with the display matrix.

ive run into this recently. your fpp setup is spot on. Id delete and fomat the usb drive and start over. Something is not updating correctly from fpp..

To be clear shut down fpp pull the usb, full format erase on the usb reboot pi reconfigure and i bet it works.  ONLY THE USB NOT SD CARD!!
I will attempt the reformat of the USB drive, if I do not have any luck with anything else... Thanks!

I think I would just try to resave the LED Panel Layout Page.  As I see it, ARROW for Output 1 Panel 4 is not showing in the Picture....maybe the cause.  Save and restart the FPPD

I have attempted to re-save the LED panel layout page several times, with no change in operation.  The upper left panel has always shown me that messed up icon for the panel orientation... I have no idea why.  Clicking on it does not appear to have any effect either.  Perhaps that is an indication that something is messed up on the USB drive, as Jonnyb44 suggested.  I guess the reformat is worth a shot.  I'll post the results after I try that!

Mark
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Weather and Event
« Last post by covewi on September 25, 2017, 06:29:45 PM »
Updated but nothing.
On setting up the playlist event nothing shows up in the drop down - should it?

What goes in the Plugin data box?
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Weather and Event
« Last post by Bshaver on September 25, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »
Please click the UPDATE plugin on ALL the plugins First, and then revisit the pages.

The current SHA in the plugin screen doesnt download the latest.

Please do that first, and then try again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10