Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Still cant get WIFI to work
« Last post by aknflyer on June 17, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »
I did find with the beaglebone I had to unhide my SSID for it to work, but not with the Pi3's.
« Last post by jnealand on June 17, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
Try changing the case once and troubleshooting and you will never forget that one.  Even had some remote folks helping and we never saw it initially.  We had a "t" in the middle of the ssid that was sometimes capped and sometimes not.  Very frustrating since the spelling was exactly correct, but case not so much.
This month we will be meeting on Saturday, June 23 from 0900 to 1700 at the South Metro Fire Rescue Administration Building located at 9195 East Mineral Avenue; Centennial, CO 80112 in the lower level, but check the monitor by the front door to make sure as there is quite a bit of construction going on that may cause us to change rooms.

We had a request to review best practices for mounting options when it comes to RGBs and LEDs. Please bring any props, pictures, website references for discussion and presentation.

As always, bring any questions and issues you need help with. Feel free to bring any for sale and trade items. I am leaving for a two week wildland deployment on the 20th and unable to attend.
« Last post by Sawdust on June 17, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »
I do not recall ever having an issue with caps/small case SSID; fat fingers is my biggest issue.  I will log your experience in my troubleshooting tricks. 
« Last post by jnealand on June 17, 2018, 11:05:59 AM »
One issue I hit long ago is that linux (FPP) is case sensitive on the ssid and the password.  With many wifi connections you just select the ssid by clicking on it but with fpp you must type it in.  I had an ssid phrase that was often used with two different ways of capping letters that were not the first letter and that nailed me for way to many hours.
« Last post by k6ccc on June 17, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
I have about given up on FPP. I wont go into the details again because no one has been able to get my wifi working.

I don't see your post asking for wifi help.   ???
You didn't see any requests for WiFi help because he never made any (at least under the username that he posted this thread).  He only made three posts and this is the only one that mentioned WiFi.
The WiFi setup is pretty simple in FPP.  Type in the SSID and password, save and restart the interface.  Done.  What problem are you having?And as Sawdust asked, what hardware and software version are you using?
« Last post by Sawdust on June 17, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »
I have about given up on FPP. I wont go into the details again because no one has been able to get my wifi working.

I don't see your post asking for wifi help.   ???

I was totally convinced it was my network until...  I set up octoprint for my 3d printer. It litteraly took 10 minutes to set it up and the wifi works flawlessly every time. I am not sure why i am having so much trouble getting FPP to work flawlessly but it just wont work.  Is it possible that the FPP team could look at octoprint and some how incorporate their method of setting up wireless for us complete wifi idiots?  Here is a link to octoprint.   https://octoprint.org/download/

Have you tried the Falcon Player Instructions......network starts on page 80.
https://falcon-player.gitbooks.io/falcon-player-manual/content/

If you still need help, feel free to come back and ask for help.
I don't think we need to rewrite the instructions or loading software or add drivers; to current system is working fine for 1,000s of users, and 100s are newbies too

We are very helpful people - if we know what you need..... :)

Try to let us know your hardware and software.
BeagleBone?  Raspberry Pi 2b 3 Zero 3B 3+ ?.?.?
Version: v1.8, v1.9, v1.10 or v2.0

Falcon Player (FPP) / Still cant get WIFI to work
« Last post by Johnfish211 on June 17, 2018, 04:47:33 AM »
I have about given up on FPP. I wont go into the details again because no one has been able to get my wifi working. I was totally convinced it was my network until...  I set up octoprint for my 3d printer. It litteraly took 10 minutes to set it up and the wifi works flawlessly every time. I am not sure why i am having so much trouble getting FPP to work flawlessly but it just wont work.  Is it possible that the FPP team could look at octoprint and some how incorporate their method of setting up wireless for us complete wifi idiots?  Here is a link to octoprint.   https://octoprint.org/download/
Thanks PixelPuppy - That answers my questions. Never thought about dimming the lights - good advice.
just to add one more thing,

I deleted a script I had called UserCallbackHook to hook the fppwatcher. If I delete that script then I have no issues. So maybe a bug with the scripts and the new V2.x?

heres a video shot with my phone so you can hear the first seq looping until I connect to it via browser - [size=78%]https://youtu.be/8k8RztZ6qTY[/size]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10