Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: BBG running too fast...
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 11:53:20 AM »
OK.    Fixed. 
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 11:42:10 AM »
Actually, I take it back... it runs fine if I run it from the command line in the forground.   The audio doesn't seem to work at all when started from the web UI or at boot.   Grrr....
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 11:32:30 AM »

OK.  I managed to get a new audio output that uses SDL (for the audio output) and libavcodec/libavformat/libswresample to parse/process the files.   It seems to work OK with the very limited testing I've done with it, but keep in mind with all of that now occurring "in process" with fppd, any memory leaks or pointer problems or anything I did wrong will affect fppd itself.    Kind of scary.  :)

If you are using my latest images for the BBB, you can go to the /developer.php page and select the bbb-stretch-libav-v1.x branch.  It will take a LONG time to update as it needs to apt-get a bunch of new packages (header files mostly) for the new libraries.     I'm curious if this helps for the audio being too fast or too slow.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Can't get Test to work...
« Last post by GarrettB on Today at 11:26:56 AM »
So I finally have my FPP all configured (I think) properly to match my mega tree controller (it's an AlphaPix 16 from HC), The FPP can ping the AlphaPix no problem, but when I try to go into a test mode absolutely nothing happens.  I feel like I'm just missing a simple step somewhere.  I also can't get xLights to output any test patterns either.  sorry for the noob question, but I need to get this thing going lol!
I do have the expansion board (16 port) and ensured that I had set the primary board to have 500 nodes per output.
Is there an issue with the audio on a PI3.  I am doing video and when I plug my fm transmitter in is all it get is a loud digital screeching sound out of my radio station.  You can here the music slightly in the background but not very well.  I have the same setup as 2 years ago except the PI3 was a PI2B+ and all worked fine.  Wondering if I need to go back to it.  Only reason I am hesitant is it took me a while to set up my network on this PI and dont want to screw that up.  Any help would be appreciated.

PS i have already been in the PI settings and clicked on the force hdmi and force analog audio.
The Water Cooler / Re: sk6812 rgbw
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 09:58:04 AM »
I am having a hard time with this one. I have some sk6812 rgbw led that i put in a light bar and am having a very hard time finding a controller that will do what i want. I do have a sp105e controller hooked up and working ok but i need to control them like i do my christmas lights. Dose anyone know of a controller that will do this?

Any progress on this?
Do you have an expansion board (17-32) ?  Even if you don't, do you have it configured to use more than the 16 outputs?

As you configure more active outputs (whether anything is connected or not), the allowable pixels per output goes down.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: No Remotes when E131 Output Enabled
« Last post by jem5136 on Today at 09:04:39 AM »
I'll only be able to hard wire 4 of the remotes. I'll give it a try.
Channels per Universe 512
360 nodes per "strand"
90 nodes per string
Injected every 90 nodes V+ and V-
Voltage 12.5 at distribution board and first input.
7 Power Supplies

Controller is configured for 500 nodes per output.
Only the data lead is used from the controller the power is from distribution boards
Using "Test" mode on controller.

The issue I see is that the 360th node stays red for each test mode.  I have changed the string to a new string and swapped the strings in within the same set of 4, the issue is always with the 360th node.  If I remove one of the strands, which lowers my node count to 270, the 270th node maintains the same color as the test pattern.   Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10