Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I went through and did another update (just to be sure)

then did the flash to the eMMC (again)

then removed the sdcard

removed power

waited 15 minutes

powered up

went to LED Panels
set up my presets
saved etc

went to status page

went to LEd Panel page
all gone agian

so no change

F16V3 Pixel Controller / CLI or Remote Configuration...
« Last post by idleup on Today at 11:05:09 AM »
Can the Falcon F16V3 be configured via CLI (SSH/Telnet) or via a remote connection tool without a browser interface?

- Matt Johnson

New Hardware Projects / Re: Power injection requirements/hardware
« Last post by rickswa on Today at 09:45:39 AM »
THANK YOU. 

But now I realize I have another issue to deal with.  I bought the ready to run version of the f16v3 with PSU.  The fuses on the board are 5A.  So this basically tells me I have to limit my pixels on the f16 side and am back to having to inject in multiple points.  Am I correct in this thinking or is there some way that the 5A fuse on the f16 board will be able to handle 130 pixels all white at 100% brightness?  Every time I think I have it down....nope.. :o

So I'm going to run the 12v+ and 12v- to each end of the string from different power sources.  Then as was mentioned above, I'll run a line between the psu's to connect the 12v-.  But just so I'm clear, we are talking about connecting the 12v- between psu's and not the ground connection, right?  So it would be 12v- to each end of the arch and then 12v- connection directly between psu's? Is it also acceptable to just connect these right to the terminals of both PSU's instead of trying to T into each wire?  Thanks for all the help.  Noob trying to switch from LOR over to xlights and get into the pixel world and just want to make sure I get this right before I ruin any components or lights.

Can I ask one last question? Do you use SPT wire from the distribution boards/PSU to the pigtails or is there a better or more appropriate wire I should use? I thought of either SPT2 or just taking an outdoor extension cord and cutting it to length and connecting only two of the wires in it. Thanks again for the great replies. It helps a ton.
You removed the SD card - check

Did you add another one (without an operating system) and then make it the storage location on FPP Settings?

What you are seeing sounds like your setting changes aren't being saved to a good location.

My FPP settings page looks like this (with a 4gb SD card for storage)

NEW issue

when i switch pages from the status page to the LED panels page - EVERYTHING is gone
all my presets are gone
image 1 [new picture (3)]

so i go through and reset everything do the 3 or 4 saves the system asks for
image 2 [new picture (4)]
i pressed save and restarted the fpp as directed

click on the status page
image 3 [new picture (5)]

then back to LED Panels page
image 4 [new picture (6)]

why is this happening?

Events/Gatherings / Sacramento Lighting Hobbyist Meet & Greet
« Last post by Sawdust on Today at 09:19:05 AM »
Sacramento Lighting Hobbyist Meet & Greet

September 16, 2017 - 6:00 til ??

* * * New Location * * *

Round Table Pizza
 3291 Truxel Rd Ste 24
 Sacramento, CA 95833

(916) 648-1790

This info would be nice to include in the OP install instructions, as it appears you're image does not automatically write itself to the emmc.  I struggled a couple weeks ago before finding a post about that setting in the advance settings area.

I've been updating the first post in this thread with info.   That button is already mentioned there.

Sorry about that! I see it now.  I kept reading the bottom instructions about booting from the SD card, and didn't read through the upper part about enhancements.  Many thanks.
thank you
Dave

i did a FULL REBOOT
and the image presented correctly

thank you again

Ken

This info would be nice to include in the OP install instructions, as it appears you're image does not automatically write itself to the emmc.  I struggled a couple weeks ago before finding a post about that setting in the advance settings area.

I've been updating the first post in this thread with info.   That button is already mentioned there.

Boot from the SD card (hold the button, power).   Once up, go to the FPP settings page.  THere should be and "Advanced Settings" link near the bottom.  Click it.  There should be a Flash to eMMC button near the bottom.  Click it.   Wait a LONG time.  (takes 30 minutes or so)  It will shutdown itself.    Remove the SD card and reboot.

Many thanks for this update to the BBB/G!  Almost ready to start testing P5 panels, so I am extremely grateful!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10