Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: V3\Expansion and Differential
« Last post by David Pitts on Today at 10:17:37 AM »
On the new expansion boards there is a three pin jumper that tells the expansion board which one it is in the chain. Similar to old IDE hard drives.
« Last post by deplanche on Today at 05:48:37 AM »
The F16v3 does not see any difference between a 16 port expansion board and the differential expansion boards (distribution board with 4 remotes).  They would be configured the same.
XLights/Nutcracker / Re: Singing Face
« Last post by jboogie714 on June 27, 2017, 11:00:29 PM »
AAH - thank you for the follow up.

Logandc99 - You sir, are awesome! Thank you for sharing the files.  By the way, we really liked your show on Youtube.  My daughter and I must've watched it several times now.
« Last post by Broomy111 on June 27, 2017, 10:43:17 PM »
You can run two expansion boards. Does not matter which ones. If you run two differential expansions I would run one from external power input (5V @1amp min).

Hey David, just to make sure, so if I have one expansion board hanging off the V3 and then next in line I have a differential running the four receiver boards, does the V3 just see that as a second expansion with 16 ports?
Noticed this set of errors while running a Github update:

Code: [Select]
fire.c: In function 'main':
fire.c:202:38: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
  ledscape_matrix_config_t * config = &ledscape_matrix_default;
                                      ^
fire.c:206:10: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
   config = ledscape_config(argv[1]);
          ^
fire.c:213:42: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ledscape_init' from incompatible pointer type
  ledscape_t * const leds = ledscape_init(config, 0);
                                          ^
In file included from fire.c:12:0:
../../src/ledscape/ledscape.h:96:1: note: expected 'union ledscape_config_t *' but argument is of type 'struct ledscape_matrix_config_t *'
 ledscape_init(
 ^
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Can I use this
« Last post by Bshaver on June 27, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
Correct, you would control that through the channels on the DMX output of the F16V3

I just uploaded another image.   There are two main changes in this image:

1) Change the Edimax wifi driver to use the 8192cu driver instead of the in-kernel rtl8192cu driver.  I hope this fixes the wireless stability issue.   This is an "image" level thing (not in the FPP git repo) and thus will require a re-flash of the image, not just an "update".

2) More updates to the Octoscroller code.   The frame rates should be much improved, but it also allows (through some "under the cover hooks") some level of control over the brightness for each "bit level" so someone COULD, in theory, implement some sort of gamma correction or something.   The new code can also optionally output some timing statistics. I'll document that in a different thread.   Also, the code should be updated to support the 32x32  (1/16 scan) panels.   I'm not 100% sure on those yet as I don't have any to test with.

Test away!

Installing now. I haven't done anything with P10 testing because of Wireless concerns. Will now get back on board the test train. !!!

update - installed and running wireless. Edimax blue LED is flashing now instead of solid. That's the way it had been working with the latest v1.9 image and was super stable. I'll keep it running. Perhaps connect a 3x3 P10 tomorrow now that its wireless.

another update - Overnight wireless stability was perfect, just like the v1.9 image I'd been using. Thanks, Dan.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Can I use this
« Last post by andyaz on June 27, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »
The F16 only does RGB, you would need some sort of dumb pixel controller running off of DMX for the dumb ones.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Can I use this
« Last post by ametsman on June 27, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
I will be having a combination of smart pixels and dumb rgb. Will I be able to control both from the F16v3 or would I need some type of dumb controller.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10