Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP using BBB Matrix
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 02:39:36 PM »
The BBB has a very slow Ethernet connection. Bridge mode driving of any medium to large number of panels should be considered for testing only.

If you try those same files (FSEQ) in Master or Standalone (or even Remote), you won't see that choppiness.

Your setup is essentially the same as 32 P10 panels (96 universes of data)

Actually, the BBB's wired ethernet is faster than the Pi's.   That shouldn't be the issue.  That said, he doesn't say if he's using a wired connection or wireless or which beagle or any of that.     It sounds like there is some sort of network issue blocking or delay.

That said, if using xLights, I would NOT use e1.31 for this and use DDP instead.  Easier to configure and faster.    On the FPP side on the BBB, REMOVE all the e1.31 outputs and inputs and everything.   It's not needed.    On the xLights side, create one DDP output for the BBB running the matrix and specify the number of channels needed.   That's about it. 

Also: on the xLights side, have you disabled all the outputs that don't have controllers actually hooked up and running?  That's VERY important. 
Clear your chrome cache and reload.....

Question:  is the "branch" column really needed since the branch is in the version number?   
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP2.0 on Pi Zero
« Last post by Cjlocey on Today at 02:23:06 PM »
I have multiple of these units that are on the first page of: http://referencedesigner.com/ .  I have a few that add wireless to the original and some that work with the Zero W's.  They add the additional USB to add a wifi dongle as needed and the USB drive that FPP used to need.  Now with 2.0 and the Zero W, the hat is no longer needed if you use a pre-configured image
Jon,
maybe you shouldn't let the secret out     8)
« Last post by N7XG on Today at 01:56:55 PM »
So I think what you are saying to me is that I will have to run my show off the BB.
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 01:38:09 PM »
The BBB has a very slow Ethernet connection. Bridge mode driving of any medium to large number of panels should be considered for testing only.

If you try those same files (FSEQ) in Master or Standalone (or even Remote), you won't see that choppiness.

Your setup is essentially the same as 32 P10 panels (96 universes of data)
Sweet!  Love the new "Expert" view in Multisync (must be running latest update of v2.x-Master (689 as I write this)

CPU usage may be more than necessary (and not very accurate) but love the listing of Version, Branch and Git Version.
Switched my FPP Master back to v2.x-Master so it could see all that data.
Falcon Player (FPP) / FPP using BBB Matrix
« Last post by N7XG on Today at 12:44:44 PM »
I have just converted to P5 panels 2 rows 4 panels using FPP 2.0. I am using xlights to drive the matrix and have set the BB in bridge mode

I have also set single panel size to 64x32 1/16 scan.
When I run the sequence the display is very choppy and when I view the status every universe has a very high error count.

Also when moving from menu to menu it sometimes takes 10 seconds to move.
I did a 24 string 50 pixel tree with a 290 pixel star. Sequences import well, resolution is good, I used 2" spacing. I say go for it. Attached is a pic of the tree. And also attached my wiring, all run from 3 ports on the controller + 1 port for the star. Hope this helps.

What is the measurements of your tree? You have also opened up my eyes on how many ports I need to use. I was going to use 12 ports and no power injection. Seems like there is another way...
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: Can I power the Pi from the F16v2?
« Last post by JerryPlak on Today at 08:08:26 AM »
This is an old photo of my garage set up.

I'm using a small 5 V @7 amp power supply to supply the  voltage to the pi and the F16V2 logic part of the controller I keep this powered up all year long.

The other two power supply one is a 12V and the other is a 5V power supply for the pixels.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10