Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Help with P10 Panel Setup
« Last post by MATTS on Today at 02:09:10 PM »
Hi Dan,

Ok looking a lot a lot better. But I have no blue channel right now.

Single channel 1 gives red on top left,
2 gives green,
3 is blank.

Here is a pic from display testing RGB chase.

« Last post by MATTS on Today at 01:01:50 PM »
Hi Dan,

I got the update and set everything up. I am just having issues getting FPPD to start. Trying to sort that out.
General Hardware / Re: Higher wattage Transformers 500W/750W/1000W
« Last post by tmarshall on Today at 11:50:57 AM »
I agree with what others have stated about trying to get your power as close as possible as you can to the props they power. That being said, there are times when you need a lot of power in one location, and I have been seeing a lot of controller enclosure builds with 4-350W power supplies. If you have a need to put that much power in one enclosure, then there is nothing wrong with using fewer large power supplies vs more small ones. In fact, the one advantage I can think of is that if you have one larger power supply as opposed to two smaller ones, you don't have to worry about keeping the positive leads separated.

Of course, regardless of which way you go, you should always keep spares on hand.
« Last post by Dennis Laff on Today at 11:46:41 AM »
I'm in favor of several smaller supplys spread out through the show. I've had a few go bad in the ten years I've been doing shows one small power supply goes bad one small section is out one big power supply goes bad your dark  just my opion.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Raspberry Pi no activity light
« Last post by Powelln on Today at 11:12:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply pixelpuppy. I did and the link you posted is what I just figured out. It's been a long journey to get this far starting from Youtube. Ha! My Pi hat comes today so wish me luck! Thanks again
« Last post by Powelln on Today at 11:08:18 AM »
Nevermind, used jnealands post and fired right up. Ugh, so many rabbit trails. Thanks!
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 11:06:50 AM »
I'm curious what the solution was to this? I have a B+ and finally figured out that the B+ won't boot on the older posted 1.8 software

I assume you mean the new Model 3 B+ and not the old Model 1 B+     The 3B+ is very new and you'll need to run the new V2.x FPP code to support this new model.
The V2.x install procedure is much simpler and faster than 1.x.  NOOBS is not required.   More info here...

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,8795.0.html
« Last post by Todd on Today at 11:04:20 AM »
I use the 350 W power supplies for the same reason as Jim states. I can have the power closer to where I need it. It's all a personal choice. There is no right or wrong way to do it, do what works best for you.
« Last post by Powelln on Today at 10:01:25 AM »
I'm curious what the solution was to this? I have a B+ and finally figured out that the B+ won't boot on the older posted 1.8 software so I was able to download NOOBS from the Raspberry website directly and that proved the Pi works but I feel like I have tried every combo to get FPP to boot with no luck.

So with the NOOBS lite software I copied the FPP file from the 1.8 OS file to the new OS and it says it was successful installing but when it reboots I get nothing, no signal. Do I need to run Raspbian like a desktop and then find FPP?
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 09:49:50 AM »

I just committed some changes that might get this working....   Can you test?

Do a manual update to get the latest code.  Set the panel type to "32x16 1/4 Scan ABCD"  (instead of the one NOT labeled ABCD) and then set the interleave to "8 Pixel Zig/Zag" and restart.   

Technical mumbo-jumbo:  the panels have 4 lines used for row addressing usually labeled A, B, C, and D (some 64row panels have a 5th labeled E).   Traditionally, the 4 lines were treated as a 4 bit integer for the "row", which allows selecting from rows 0-15.   However, that requires a chip to decode the int into separate address lines.   The newer 1/4 scan and 1/2 scan panels, since they only need to address rows less than 4, removed that chip and just assign each row to one of the address lines directly.   The main part of the code updates was to enhance the addressing to support the newer way of doing it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10