Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/RS485 Dongle
« Last post by PeteyHall on Today at 03:22:39 PM »
Actually that's why I always use Paypal Pay after delivery.  I contacted Paypal, explained the situation, and they cancelled the entire transaction.

I'm just going to throw them out because they're obviously unstable/not working as described.
ok I did miss something then :)

I will do what you have suggested and see where that gets me

BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: New BBB Image - Debian Stretch (9.1)
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 02:45:51 PM »

no I didnt miss anything thing after all. I have now connected via ssh and working through why the wifi isn't working now

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Do I need to install extra drivers or does the image contain them already?

Are you SSHing in via ethernet?   If so, that's the issue.   connmanctl in the jessie/stretch images will NOT bring up wifi if there is an ethernet connection.  Disconnect the ethernet and reboot it and see if it comes up.  If you need to see what's happening, connect it to your computer via a USB cable and ssh in via the 192.168.6.2 or 192.168.7.2 addresses.

The Water Cooler / Re: Advice needed on extending Wifi
« Last post by EButler on Today at 02:44:51 PM »
Thank you.  I'll give the LR a try and see how it goes.  Thanks for all of your help with this so far and for the advice from others as well.
« Last post by jhoybs on Today at 02:32:13 PM »
I was going to get the Pro, but much of what I read on the forums started pointing me at the LR.  The LR is known for it's longer range and the Pro required devices that used 3 antenna technology.  When I looked at my devices, I found that none support the Pro's extra features.  I installed my LR in the stairwell to the basement at about 6ft above the first floor (ie: top of stairs).  From what I read, the higher the better and my stairwell is in the center of my house (see image for "ideal" coverage).  I'm happy that I chose it.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Expansion Board Mounting
« Last post by Yamr6rider on Today at 01:54:00 PM »
That enclosure is the perfect size for the exact elements already in it.  It is not adequate to also include an expansion board.  You'd definitely need another enclosure to house the power supply, then you could fit both boards together, or the better method would be to get an enclosure large enough to house all three components (since you'd likely need an additional power supply for the expansion board anyways)..
« Last post by EButler on Today at 01:49:02 PM »
Thank you for the info jhoybs.  I am definitely not a networking expert so I will avoid the Edgerouter for now. 

I could get the AP a little closer to the garage but not much.  My basement is finished.  I could run a cat5 cable from the basement office to the other side of the basement and get it closer for sure.  I'm not sure how the wife and my daughters will feel once I start damaging the aesthetics in their portion of the basement though.  I am way outnumbered in my household.

I think i will go with one of those options and cross my fingers that I can make it work.  I read some other stuff about turning off the wireless on the base router when using the AP's so I will need to figure out how to do that with mine. 
Would you recommend one over the other when it comes to the LR or the Pro?

All of the panel types should see significant improvements, particularly if using less than the full 8 panels per output (which now can be 12 per output).   If you are testing it, make sure you put an fseq locally onto the BBB and run the sequence.   
I have a small matrix, 3 rows of 4 panels.  Each row is on its own output (4 panel chain per output).   Local fseq file is the only way I run it.   I see the "jerkiness" while running a scrolling text effect.  Butterfly seems smooth, but I think that was pretty smooth before too.   Maybe its the way scrolling text renders in xLights because I noticed its also jerky in the xLights preview window.
did I miss something.

no I didnt miss anything thing after all. I have now connected via ssh and working through why the wifi isn't working now

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Do I need to install extra drivers or does the image contain them already?

I have loaded the latest image and it is working, well except my edimax wifi. I go to  help and ssh and it fails to open the page. did something move? also ssh to the bbb fails as the usual fpp user and password is not working for me.
« Last post by jhoybs on Today at 12:37:46 PM »
I have both the Ubiquiti Edgerouter X and the UAP-AC-LR.  The Edgerouter is not that easy to setup - I would only recommend it if you really are an expert with networking.  The AP is easier to setup (it does require controller software running on your PC for some features), but it isn't a router.  If you did buy an LR or Pro, you would continue to use the routing functions of your E2500 for static routes.  Most likely you'd probably want to turn off the wireless on the E2500 - I'm not sure how devices would handle the 2 dissimilar devices if both had wireless enabled.

The LR and Pro both have power injectors so you run a patch cable from your router to the power injector (power supply) and then you run a patch cable from the P.I. to your LR/Pro AP (ie: the actual AP is powered through the patch cable).  Because of this, could you mount the injector near your router and locate the AP closer to your garage?

BTW, I'd be a little concerned about running your E2500 in bridge mode - since it doesn't have a hardwired connection, you'd have to experiment with the bandwidth of your cameras.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10