Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Hardware / Re: Looking for an FM Transmitter
« Last post by Bill Ellick on Today at 02:06:30 AM »
There are many varieties out there for transmitters nowadays it seems ranging from a few dollars on up.

I personally am running an EDM that I have had since 2008 and it still works great.  It is going to cost but you do get what you pay for and in this case, I have to say that I consider mine "money well spent"!

You do have to solder the power connector inside the unit but it is a very simple thing to do or you could certainly find a friend to do a 2 minute soldering job for you on it.
You will probably find that many of the options that are being used will require some form of soldering or modification as it really is a part of this hobby to some extent.

Just seems that the whole house transmitters are a hit or miss with range and signal quality from what others have posted about them.  I can say that the EDM has a great range and signal from my experience with it.  Mine does not have the RDS feature but since it is still working great, I can't see spending money on another one yet!
General Hardware / Re: megatree power requirement?
« Last post by aknflyer on Today at 12:29:58 AM »
My only concern now is that I have a 7" top piece for the strips to mount to but wonder if I'll have difficulty getting 48 strips to attach to the 7" top. 

I ran a 24 string 180 tree x 50 pixels. Top was 14" diameter, bottom 6', 2" pixel spacing, 1" spacing between the j-hooks. This is the bare minimum you could go. I had to bend a couple of boysco aluminum strip anchors to get them to hook on the top. Looking back, I would go maybe 2" larger to avoid the interference.
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: PocketScroller...
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on February 23, 2018, 09:32:40 PM »
There is also a command line network config script that we created for Pi Zero and BBB users.  /opt/fpp/scripts/setup but I havenít tested it recently.  It will prompt for the network info and create the config files.

Off topic, but the Pi 3 vs Zero ghosting issue makes it look like we will need to expose the library setting to allow the user to throttle the scan rate on the Pi.
BeagleBone Black Controllers / PocketScroller...
« Last post by aclarksr on February 23, 2018, 09:28:16 PM »
Is there a usb wireless network adapter that doesnít require loading drivers for the pocketbeagle? The ones I have are not initializing. They work fine under Windows once the drivers are loaded.

Just about any of the wifi adapters that are 150mbit or 300mbit only should be fine.   Basically, if it says it works for the Raspberry Pi it should work on the beagle.

Thanks, I found an old 150Mbs USB adapter I had which works great. Tomorrow Iíll assemble more panels for testing. I do have a little ghosting which is probably the cheap panels I have. I found them for $14 each.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last post by dkulp on February 23, 2018, 08:48:37 PM »
Is there a usb wireless network adapter that doesnít require loading drivers for the pocketbeagle? The ones I have are not initializing. They work fine under Windows once the drivers are loaded.

Just about any of the wifi adapters that are 150mbit or 300mbit only should be fine.   Basically, if it says it works for the Raspberry Pi it should work on the beagle. 
« Last post by aclarksr on February 23, 2018, 08:32:59 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Unable to open webpage setup page on F16v3 board
« Last post by MrTeaIOT on February 23, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »
Thanks for your details info, Emuney18.  I have not follow your instruction yet.  But I do not want to use the WI-FI on PI.  I want to connect directly to the PI using RJ45 internet.  So what setting do I need to change to accomplish this?
« Last post by dkulp on February 23, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »
Now I have a noob question. How do I configure a wireless network adapter with no video connection. Do I need to connect both wired and wireless USB adapters? Can I use a USB switch or an adapter for the micro USB port on the pocketbeagle?

Three options:
1) Use a USB hub so you can have both wired and wireless USB things plugged in

2) Unplug from external power (the terminal screws on pocket scroller) and plug a micro-USB cable (cell phone cable?) from the small port right on the PocketBeagle to your computer.   Open browser to 192.168.7.2 (windows) or 192.168.6.2 (Mac) and configure.

3) Manually create a interface.wlan0 file:
Code: [Select]
fpp@FPPPB:~/media/config$ cat interface.wlan0
INTERFACE=wlan0
PROTO=dhcp
SSID='KULPYARD'
PSK='12345abcd'

General Hardware / Re: Moving Head Recommendations
« Last post by jem5136 on February 23, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
Through hours of looking online, I did find one that I seem to really like. It is the SwitchBlade Micro from Blizzard Lighting. It's $300, which I think is very reasonable for all that it can do.

https://www.blizzardlighting.com/collections/moving-lights/products/switchblade#specifications

General Hardware / Re: Fog Machines
« Last post by tbone321 on February 23, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
Actually. most of the time those don't work the way you would want.  While you can trigger them as you say, that doesn't mean that they will fire when triggered.  The low cost ones have a single circuit that controls Both the heater and the pump in an either / or configuration.  IOW, either the heater or the pump is on but never both at the same time.  When the fogger is first turned on and the nozzle id cold, the fogger goes into its heat cycle where the heater is turned on and the pump is turned off.  When the nozzle reaches max temp, the fogger goes into its fog cycle where the heater is turned off and the pump is turned on, allowing it to fog when triggered.  This lasts until the nozzle temp drops below the minimum temp required for fogging and the fogger switches back to its heat cycle and shuts off the pump again.  If you try and trigger it during the heat cycle, nothing happens because the pump is turned off.  Since there is no way to properly time these cycles, there can and will be many times when your show will trigger the fogger for the desired effect and it will not be ready and do nothing which makes them IMHO, useless for this purpose.'

The other type is the on demand fogger.  These foggers use two control circuits, one for the heat and the other for the pump.  The heater circuit works the same way it does in the previous fogger.  When the nozzle temp is below the minimum required to vaporize the fluid it turns on and when it reaches a determined max temp, it turns the heater back off.  This type has a separate circuit and sensor that controls the pump.  When the nozzle reaches a set temp (above the minimum required to fog) the pump is turned on and remains on as long as the temp remains above this level.  If for some reason the nozzle temp falls below that temp, it turns the pump back off again.  Since both the pump and the heater can be on at the same time, in an ideal situation, once the fogger warms up, it will remain in a ready state and will fog any time it is triggered.  Those of us that use them know that is not always the case.  Cold temps and / or excessive demand can drop the nozzle temp below the min and the pump will shut down until the nozzle warms back up.  Pretty much all of the DMX foggers are of this type and if you are going to modify a manual control fogger, this is the type that you need to work with.   Also keep in mind that if you cut into and modify the remote, you will void the warranty so I would make sure that the fogger is capable of doing what you want and then buy a separate remote to modify for relay control.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10