Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPPD stopping when playing video on remote
« Last post by Stormyblade on Today at 01:37:34 AM »
I'm interested in seeing what happens here as I am having the same, or very similar issues:

Rasp Pi running v2.1 of FPP, BBB as a remote running the latest version of FPP. Playlist comes on at the right time, but only plays the very first song/sequence in the playlist. This first song/sequence does have video going to the remote. As soon as that song stops, so does the playlist - FPP on the Pi (Master) reports 'FPPD has Stopped'. Sometimes I can just hit 'Start FPPD' and it starts again, but starts the playlist over at the 1st song again. Switching the Pi from Master to Standalone and back also works, but again, the playlist plays the 1st song again, then stops.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Just getting started....
« Last post by Stormyblade on Today at 01:28:41 AM »
Pi v3 has wireless, so that's a good way to go if you want to run your show wirelessly.

I got the Pi 3B(B+?) and it has WiFi - makes it much easier to tap into that device anytime, anywhere.

Make sure you get a quality brand uSD card, Class 10 or better, and I'd shoot for a minimum of 8GB, with 16GB being better.

Also, here's a good recent video explaining FPP installation (and he covers a little on the hardware part): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X95Rv4JGG_Y

This is my 1st year going with FPP on the Raspberry Pi, so I'm still learning too.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Okay, 2 problems...
« Last post by Stormyblade on Today at 12:52:40 AM »
UPDATE -- it appears I can make playlists and have sound and video running!!  I've been able to run both a speaker and transmit in FM at the same time so that should take care of the sound issues.

Thanks to Dan, I can now make a playlist that has more than 3 entries -- I was wondering why sometimes when building that list I was getting 3, and sometimes a 4th or even 5th entry before it would just not accept other entries and I wasn't keeping track of which sequence went in order except for the first one.

Tuesday night and again tonight I had the entire show system plugged in and turned on and at the correct time the show started playing. However, my jubilation was very short-lived -- the show only plays the first song and then FPPD goes into Stop and hitting 'Start FPPD' doesn't always get it running again. When it does, or when I go into a different mode (such as Remote or Standalone) and then back to Master, the play list starts up again but only plays the first song again and immediately stops again.

I'm seeing another thread on the FPP page that might help...it seems a lower version of FPP doesn't seem to have the same problem...and I'm waiting to see if that's a fix. If not...anyone know why I can only play the first song of my playlist?
« Last post by Stormyblade on Today at 12:45:37 AM »
I have been struggling with the network address problem as well.   Yah, how does it change from the static address I entered.?
 I have 2 guesses on the change in ip address. 

1:  I have an address of 169.254.24.60.   Don't enter this as 169.254.024.060?  I googled "leading zeros in ip addresses".

2:  Does having both a wifi and a ethernet address at the same time cause issues?  I made sure this time that my remotes were never connected to the internet.

Sorry I don't have any real networking knowledge. Hopefully someone who does can chime in with what is going on.  Good luck getting yours all running.

Jean

I have no idea why the device is reporting a different IP address than the one I entered in as static. Also, I had done some reading and watching of some videos and there should not be a problem using both the wireless (WLAN) and ethernet (ETH0) ports on the Rasp Pi at the same time - as long as you don't try running them on the same network. In my case, I set my show network to be 192.168.5.xxx while my home network is still 192.168.1.xxx. My ETH0 port on the Rasp Pi is set to 192.168.5.100 with a Gateway of 192.168.5.1 and is running directly into an 8-port unmanaged network switch. My WLAN port is set to 192.168.1.150 - a number high enough in my home network list that I'll never have IP conflicts. That way, I can tap into the Rasp Pi while it's sitting outside or in the garage simply by opening a browser on my desktop PC and typing in it's address.

And, my remote FPP isn't connected to the internet - the address for my BBB is 192.168.5.150 and it connects also to the 8-port switch.
« Last post by Stormyblade on Today at 12:36:52 AM »
Your first screenshot shows your master with the default video output device set as Matrix?
I also didn't see an audio output device.
Plus it doesn't look like you set up unique host names for each device, you left them set as fpp.

Matrix is one of my models - it's my P10 panels using a BBB with FPP in Remote mode.
There is an audio device connected - I had just unplugged it at the Rasp Pi temporarily. It's a SoundBlaster Play 3 and the Pi sees it every time it boots up with that device plugged into a USB port.
Unique host names? I have 2 devices: the Rasp Pi running FPP v2.1, and a BBB running the latest version of FPP. I wasn't even aware you could change those names. Or how.
Falcon PiCap / Re: PicCap 1st Pixel Length
« Last post by Bwinter on Today at 12:04:46 AM »
Good to know these are out thereóI hadnít seen your site.  Over the last two years, Iíve bought Amps from two different vendors and neither of them now exist.

These would have saved me some hassle when I was trying to get my 24V floods going....
« Last post by AAH on October 17, 2018, 11:56:12 PM »
I would love to add the uAmps, but my floods are running at 24V.  The issue I am seeing is the lights stop responding at different times.  Right now I have a very simple sequence running a single color pattern.  They just stop.  Restarting the FPPD fixes the issue.  I can't tell if data has stopped being sent from FPP or there was a glitch in the data causing the WS2811 (Robg) flood to stop responding due to the cable being too long.  I am gong to try a string of lights this weekend and see if there is a difference.

Be careful about using the uAmp/fAmp, as they only support 5-12V, and if youíre running 24V floods (like I am), the fix is more complicated.

This is why I wish I knew the schematic for these Amps, so I could have had a better solution....
All of my Null Pixel Buffers ( http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/null/ ) have been 5-24V since I did the 1st batch. All new stock that goes out now and all of the ready to go nulls (null with pigtails fitted) are 24V compatible.

On a side note the rPi-28D that I make which is similar to the PiCap and others has buffered pixel outputs and in theory should give a similar 20-30m range to the 1st pixel like the Null does. There's a video of the Null in use at the bottom of the linked page above. The difference between pixel output and the buffered output was 5m to 30m from memory.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: F16V3 and wifi support?
« Last post by aknflyer on October 17, 2018, 11:48:43 PM »
You need the fseq files and the music files (converted to 48kb wave files) on the top level of the usd card. Just copy from pc. David mentioned you would'nt be able to do that wireless. Then set your schedule, playlist.
Falcon Player (FPP) / StaticOn.sh not working with remotes
« Last post by Scottishsurfer on October 17, 2018, 11:45:08 PM »
I was struggling with setting up a Playlist that contained a script to turn on/off lights on my remotes until I cam across the ShutdownRemotes.sh file.  In order to use StaticOn.sh, you need to execute it on each fpp instance you have running.  In my case:

REMOTE_IPS="192.168.1.201 192.168.1.202 192.168.1.203 192.168.1.205"

I took the ShutdownRemotes.sh script and just slightly modified it to the below.  Just make sure you have StaticOn.sh installed on the remotes and it is configured correctly.  The easiest way to check if you have set it up correctly is to first manually run the script from the command line of the remote.  EG:

ssh 192.168.1.205
/opt/fpp/scripts/eventScript ~/media/scripts/StaticOn.sh

Did the lights come on?  If they did, then the script works locally, now you can setup your master fpp instance to run it.

#!/bin/sh
###########################################################
# StaticOn for Remotes                                    #
#                                                         #
# NOTE: All Remotes must have the "StaticOn.sh" script    #
#       installed from the Script Repository.             #
###########################################################

# Fill in the IP addresses of each remote that you want to shutdown
REMOTE_IPS="192.168.1.201 192.168.1.202 192.168.1.203 192.168.1.205"

for IP in ${REMOTE_IPS}
do
        curl http://${IP}/runEventScript.php?scriptName=StaticOn.sh
done

Just trying to pass on something that I'm sure everyone else figured out a long time ago.

;)

« Last post by Bwinter on October 17, 2018, 10:58:33 PM »
I would love to add the uAmps, but my floods are running at 24V.  The issue I am seeing is the lights stop responding at different times.  Right now I have a very simple sequence running a single color pattern.  They just stop.  Restarting the FPPD fixes the issue.  I can't tell if data has stopped being sent from FPP or there was a glitch in the data causing the WS2811 (Robg) flood to stop responding due to the cable being too long.  I am gong to try a string of lights this weekend and see if there is a difference.

Be careful about using the uAmp/fAmp, as they only support 5-12V, and if youíre running 24V floods (like I am), the fix is more complicated.

This is why I wish I knew the schematic for these Amps, so I could have had a better solution....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10