Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yes, add the channel output logging.  That will show the timing and would indicate whether FPP is trying to run the sequence faster to keep up with the master.

I just checked.  I have Channel Outputs checked already.  Did you want channel data?
You're right, you'd never see any delay if it wasn't for the sequence as a point of reference.  It's not awful when the delay is there, but it's also lacking that crispness that i know it should have. This is the first year i'm using FPP for my own show.  I've been watching most of these sequences played from the Vixen scheduler for several years now, So i know what they should look like.  It's the difference between "good enough", and "wow! awesome!".  For me at least, it's a detail worth polishing.
I noticed this same offset before I changed over to the USB audio device as well.  So I don't think it's coming from there.  It's not coming from my radio system.  I've got my equipment set up so that i can quickly switch back and forth between direct from Pi feed, and OTA audio feed.  The sync offset is there on both.
To really tweak it, I created a sync test sequence to go with the AV sync videos that Pat sent me.  That 100ms offset i came up with is about as close as i can get it by eye without using some sort of instrument.  Basically, I just took two large blocks of channels and am making them exactly follow the tones in the test.  It was easy to make the test since they're pure tones.  I was able to make all the marks automatically with simple audio filters and then just added effects to each of those marks.

In the end, you've given us the parameter to tweak, so I'm happy to have that.  Just wondering how many others feel the need to tweak it.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Error running a CURL script
« Last post by patdelaney on Today at 11:19:17 AM »
I don't think we have to do that. I think I just shot myself in the foot. I just needed the utility to fix my error.

Pat
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Schedule not stopping
« Last post by jchuchla on Today at 11:04:07 AM »
Here's the schedule straight from the config file.

1,Halloween,7,17,00,00,23,59,59,1,0000-10-01,0000-10-31,
1,Thanksgiving,7,16,00,00,23,59,59,1,0000-11-01,0000-11-23,
1,Christmas-2017,12,17,00,00,22,30,00,1,2017-11-24,2018-01-06,
1,Christmas-2017,13,17,00,00,23,59,59,1,2017-11-24,2018-01-06,
1,OvernightLights,12,22,30,00,23,59,59,1,2017-11-25,2018-01-06,
1,OvernightLights,7,00,00,01,07,30,00,1,2017-11-24,2018-01-06,
1,ChristmasDaytime,7,16,00,00,16,56,00,1,2017-11-24,2018-01-06,

Another thing i just noticed is that both yesterday and today the internet radio also had also stopped sometime overnight.  I'll have to remember to see if there's any further correlation there. 
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 10:54:11 AM »
Can you also post a screenshot of the relevant portion of the scheduler page so I can compare against the logs?
I had the cable in the expansion board in the wrong port it was in d moved it to a still not working right. I get lights just the wrong color. they are all blueish white and are not following the test pattern from f16 which should be rgbw. and have to unplug receiver board from power to turn off.
Yes, add the channel output logging.  That will show the timing and would indicate whether FPP is trying to run the sequence faster to keep up with the master.
The FPP sync code was originally tested with a couple sync tracks and sequences to make sure that the lights were blinking with the beeps.  This testing was done using the onboard audio output and a DMX output on the Pi.

I think that one big reason for users having to adjust the media offset in the past is the use of USB sound cards.  Most people won't notice if a mo3 is playing 100ms slow when there is nothing to compare it to.

Another reason is FM transmitters.  There could be a slight delay introduced by the transmitter or the receiver in some cases.  There are also extreme cases like a post I saw just last month about someone who had a viewer that mentioned the sync of the music to the lights.  They eventually realized that the car radio had a built in audio recorder to allow pausing the radio.  This was introducing a slight delay as the audio was always encoded and had to be decoded for playback.
« Last post by jchuchla on Today at 10:44:35 AM »
yep, master_1.x. updated to the latest yesterday before the main show. I'll turn on the logging and report back tomorrow.
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 10:40:21 AM »
Are you on the latest master-v1.x?  If so and the problem still occurred the I will need to see debug logs for the scheduler.  They are very light so shouldn't affect performance if you only turn on the scheduler log mask checkbox.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10