Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Rainbow screen when install FFP to RP2-B
« Last post by gunnarh on Today at 03:53:07 AM »
I have tried two 2.4A powersupply and one 4A and same result.
I did download the FPP again and use another SDcard driver to write it with.
But the strange thing is am running Raspbery pi 3 and oen with no priblem and when i use Rasoian on the Raspberry2 all is ok.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Need some help Troubleshooting FPP problem...
« Last post by idleup on Today at 12:32:19 AM »
Okay thanks. I will follow that post.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: WS2811 RobG Flood and Falcon
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on December 12, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
Those are DI (Data In) and DO (Data Out).  You want the Data In line to go to the Data out on the controller.  The + (postitive) and - (negative) would normally go to the controller as well, but the 20W flood boards require 24V to work.  You will need to check to see if the F16v3 supports 24V, I don't have one yet, so I'm not positive.  I do run RobG's 20W flood boards off of another Falcon controller and have to do power injection for the flood board since the controller runs off 12V and the flood board needs 24V.  If you need to power inject for the flood, you will need to connect the Data In and - (negative) from the WS2811 board to the F16v3 on the 'D' (data) and 'G' (ground) connections while the flood gets it's input power from the 24V power supply.

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Need some help Troubleshooting FPP problem...
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on December 12, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »
You can try cranking up the debugging and checking the fppd.log file, but I think the problem is happening in a section of code that only logs when the log level is set to Excessive.

We are discussing this in another thread:  http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,8267.45.html

I have found and fixed one issue previously on remotes.  This only manifested itself as we started seeing more faster Pi 3 systems.  I also found what I believe could be another issue tonight and have fixed that as well.  Rather than having the discussions in two threads though, I'm going to point the discussion to the other thread which has more info in the latest post which I just made about this with some additional findings from some debugging tonight.
OK, I found something else in the sync code that I think could be contributing to master fppd's dying on multi-core Pi's and have pushed a fix to master-v1.x.

We needed to have a lock around the MultiSync socket code, because there could occasionally be contention between the channel output and media output threads trying to send their sync information at the same time.  I have put a lock around this code to prevent multiple threads trying to access the socket at the same time which could segfault.

I have also created a v1.10 branch, but consider this a soft release.  If you are having issues with fppd dying and haven't switched to the master-v1.x branch, you can try the v1.10 release branch which has precompiled binaries.  The method of switching branches is the same:

- Go to the FPP about page
- Pull in the latest updates to let your local system know that there is a v1.10 available.
- In the URL of your browser, change the 'about.php' filename at the end of the URL to 'developer.php'.  If  you browse to http://fpp/about.php then change the URL to http://fpp/developer.php
- At the top of the developer page, below the menu, there will be a 'Branch' dropdown.  Select 'v1.10' from this dropdown.
- FPP will switch to the v1.10 branch and after the page reloads, you should see v1.10 listed at the top.

If you encounter any issues, go back to the developer.php page and switch back to v1.9 or v1.8 using the same method.

v1.10 includes these recent threading issue bugfixes related to FPP MultiSync and also has several other enhancements.  I will give it a couple days for people on the thread to test it out, then I will post an official soft-release announcement so others can switch if they are experiencing issues with v1.9.  I do not plan on adding a v1.10 upgrade button to the v1.9 UI until after Christmas.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP If statements
« Last post by tbone321 on December 12, 2017, 10:24:07 PM »
@Tbone, yes unfortunately I don't have an easy way to do that.  I have Control4 and could easily implement the logic. But I have one 50amp circuit with splitter boxes/panels on it in the yard.  Runs power for everything.

Mine is basically the same thing but when I split the power, I used 3 40A contactors to split the power over 3 systems, blowers, animation, and lights.  All 3 are controlled by my home automation system which allows me to inflate the airblowns during the day after the sun comes up and all day during the weekends as well as running the animation of the wireframes and airblowns separately from the show and again, all day on the weekends.  This makes my light show and sequences separate from such things ands the only thing I need to worry about with my sequences are the lights in the airblowns and wireframes as well as the other strings and props.
Showing Off / 2017 Johnson Light Show (Star Wars Theme!)
« Last post by idleup on December 12, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
I used the random effects generator in xLights and it generated this show: https://youtu.be/4thVCspAfK4

Matt Johnson
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: problems with network
« Last post by tbone321 on December 12, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
Get rid of the gateway address on eth0 in FPP and it should start to work, 
On the E131 page of the web interface, there is a field called Addressing Mode, with 2 drop down choices,[size=78%] U[/size][/size]niverse/Start Channel and Absolute Addressing[size=78%][/size][size=78%].[/size]

When would you use Universe/Start Channel and when would you use Absolute Addressing?

I have 3 F16V2-R controllers.  Is it recommended to use the same setting for all 3, or can I use Universe/Start Channel on one and Absolute addressing on the other 2?

Thank you
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP If statements
« Last post by whwaldrep on December 12, 2017, 10:06:44 PM »
@Pat, yes I have looked at the scripts.  I have had this installed about a week and still understanding the sequence of the logic for the software.

@Captain, sounds awesome.  Sure you have plenty of people willing to test but let me know if I can help.

@Tbone, yes unfortunately I don't have an easy way to do that.  I have Control4 and could easily implement the logic. But I have one 50amp circuit with splitter boxes/panels on it in the yard.  Runs power for everything.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10