Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: fsck.vfat error questions
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 08:05:44 PM »
I'll give it a try as I'm testing my recently arrived F8

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: LED Panel Output and GPIO
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 06:49:01 PM »
Last year, I had a BBB master, 2 Pi remotes, and 4 BBB remotes.   This year, I'll be getting rid of the Pi's and increasing the BBB count to 7 remotes. 

I never found syncing the fseq files to be an issue.  The push button sync from master takes a while, but it's very easy. 
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 06:45:42 PM »

Another option is to switch to the BBB with and Octo.  There are a ton of extra GPIO's if you don't use all the output ports.   I'd be more than happy to help get that to work.

I don't think any of the pre-assembled octo's use passthrough headers.   That said, you could just use ribbon cable from the free ports.  That's likely easiest. 
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 06:35:28 PM »

Just ssh into the Pi/BBB and run "mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p1"  (or whatever the appropriate SD device is.   THat is the correct value for the BBB)

Oh.. if you aren't using my latest BBB image, you might need to edit the /etc/fstab as well to adjust the mount options.   

« Last post by jnealand on Today at 06:28:15 PM »
Requires a 3rd party program.  There are a couple available.  Google is your friend.  I have not tried any of them for this yet so can't say which is better.
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 05:30:30 PM »
Last year, I changed two remotes to bridge mode at the last minute. They were an easy cat5 cable run.

The downside to remotes is keeping them updated. I constantly update my fseq files during the season.

« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 05:26:18 PM »
Where do you format as ext4? (I haven't bothered to look) 😟

« Last post by jnealand on Today at 04:31:47 PM »
ooo, interesting Dan,  Might try that the next time I do some configuring for a test.
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 04:26:48 PM »
I love master remote (can't call them slaves anymore).  Had only 5 remotes last year, because some props did not get finished.  Looks like at least 8 this year, probably more since all the props are basically built.  Now it depends on sequencing  Damn this addicting hobby.  Just bought another one this week cause I did not have a backup anymore.  This is Pi3 number 13 on the animated lighting side, I number them so I can keep track of them and know how I configured them.  I've used some others on the model railroad hobby.
« Last post by mikeh565 on Today at 12:33:27 PM »
I also asked the question to Crockett Fantasy of Lights page.  Their answer is that the triggered inputs are disabled when the LED Panel is turned on.   But Jnealand you pose an interesting idea.   Use the master slave of FPP.  Use one Pi to handle the triggered inputs and a second to drive the marquee.  Will have to look into that idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10