Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F4V2 4-Port E131 controller / Re: F4V3 and Pixabulbs
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 11:17:26 AM »
You've got fake data (i.e., noise) on your data line. Check for pixel wiring crossing power lines. I've had it happen but it has been rare. I use a lot of pixabulbs.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP Can't Find Internet after 1.9 update.
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 11:13:56 AM »
this doesn't fix "that" problem directly, but update your BBB / P10s to the newest dkulp image.

It works with wireless and corrects some other P10 problems people are having.

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7354.0.html
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: On at start, off at finish
« Last post by rayhjr on Today at 10:27:09 AM »

Turning on / off static lights with a script is far easier to do than create a sequence

Well Jim my friend that is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have read the manual, watched videos, looked in the forums,  everything I try does not work.  The only way I have been able to turn it on is doing a sequence.
But my question was about fpp v2.x.  I know that is not what this thread is about but I quoted a post where something was said about a future update, and asked about that update. Do you know when it will be available? 
Simply trying to eliminate extinction cords and additional timers to turn on static elements in my display.  Can't seem to figure it out.  Can't find a step by step instructions for this specific function.  I know you expect the user to have a certain level of knowledge to do these things but I guess I fall short. 
I thought v2. Might be my answer and I could stop wasting time on something I can't seem to figure out  ;D and go back to sequencing.  :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Falcon Player (FPP) / FPP Can't Find Internet after 1.9 update.
« Last post by tucsonlights on Today at 09:29:05 AM »
So I have 3 P10 panels running BBB. I can access the FPP GUI via eth0 and Wlan0 but the wlan0 won't connect to internet to adjust time or scripts. I thought it was a DNS issue so I set my DNS1 to my gateway which is 192.168.1.1 and Gateway 2 to 8.8.8.8. Still nothing. It's weird that all 3 different panels now won't connect to internet. I disabled my Router firewall to see if it was blocking the DNS port but that didn't help. Any help would be appreciated.
Sell/Trade / Re: uAmp, uSC and Afterburner After Co-Op Sale is ON
« Last post by corey872 on Today at 08:57:41 AM »
Should be pretty well covered in the manuals and videos stickied in the Micro Family Hardware section.
General Hardware / F16V3 DMX outputs. (NOOB question)
« Last post by wittsend on Today at 08:49:13 AM »
I am looking at buying the F16V3 as it was recommended by a family member that does a large display for a zoo.  Currently he uses LOR but wants to move away from it next year and said his most likely choice will be Falcon.  With the RJ45 connectors on the board can I go directly to a WS24LU3A from Mokungit or do I need another device between them? 
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: String Ports dissapeared
« Last post by scamper on Today at 08:48:22 AM »
I do run an Ethernet. you use internet protocol to access the f16, so need to use a web browser.
You say you replaced the uSC and that did not fix the problem, so the issue is likely somewhere else.  Though you could still use the uSC to help troubleshoot.  The main key would be what the indicator LEDs are doing during the lock-up.  If the data in (DIN) LED is solid on or solid off, it means no upstream data is coming into the uSC.  If the PIC LED is solid or off, it means the PIC is not processing data.  Obviously the power LED means no power, Data out (DOUT) will show if data is being sent by the uSC... If you do have all those LEDs flashing, then it likely means the problem is downstream of the uSC... loose / intermittent contact on a connector?

There is a detailed troubleshooting guide in the uSC manual.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Dual Pis with Dual videos
« Last post by Materdaddy on Today at 08:26:55 AM »
You should be able to skip fseq files since you're not playing sequences, make "media-only" playlists.
F4V2 4-Port E131 controller / F4V3 and Pixabulbs
« Last post by worksopian on Today at 08:04:43 AM »
I hooked up my F4V3 to four strings of pixabulbs last night to test that all the lights were working via a controller test. Once satisfied, i turned the test mode back off and it appeared that all the lights were out. I also checked before hitting the hay and all lights were out. When I got up this morning, there were random lights lit in random colors on all the strings. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? The controller is inside the garage in a CG-1500 case.
Voltage reads 11.8V on the falcon webpage.

Would be very grateful for any help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10