Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon PiCap / Re: PicCap 1st Pixel Length
« Last post by PeteyHall on Today at 11:05:22 AM »
There are a couple of videos up on Vimeo where people have tested max length to first pixel using the f amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 10:35:05 AM »
So I think the bigger question here  is comparing the output from the Falcon/PiCap (SN74AHCT) versus a u-Amp or f-Amp.  I presume they use different mechanisms (other than the quad versus single gates)? How do they differ?

Either Corey or DPitts could give the "exact" answer but primarily, (my recollection from u-Amp Coop discussions) the u-Amp and F-Amp use a MOSFET amp with a higher slew rate than the output stage of the SN74AHCT. That gives sharper corners to the DC Waveform and allows it to travel longer distances before losses in the wire degrade the signal to "just noise."
« Last post by Bwinter on Today at 09:53:42 AM »
So I think the bigger question here  is comparing the output from the Falcon/PiCap (SN74AHCT) versus a u-Amp or f-Amp.  I presume they use different mechanisms (other than the quad versus single gates)? How do they differ?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Formatting Problem
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 09:03:56 AM »
Last time that happened to me (over a year ago), I had to "wipe" the uSD card before it would take a format.

The program "dotNet Disk Imager" may be your best option.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetdiskimager/

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: StaticOn.sh not working with remotes
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 08:51:30 AM »
i have been using the static on for several years and have never done anything like this.  I have not tried it with FPP 2.1 yet and I am aware that there have been issues with a number of scripts since v2 came out.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPPD stopping when playing video on remote
« Last post by Doug C on Today at 08:09:22 AM »
An update on what I have done,

I went back to clean installs of 1.8 upgrade to 1.10 and reformat USB sticks , this config ran fine for over 24 hours.

did clean install of 2.1 and formatted USB stick would maybe run once or twice, with Remote FPPD stopping.
The longest it ever ran was 20 minutes when excessive logging of everything was turned on, will try and add these attachments here.

Later today I will try Master 707.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Just getting started....
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 07:47:39 AM »
Pi v3 has wireless, so that's a good way to go if you want to run your show wirelessly.
I got the Pi 3B(B+?) and it has WiFi - makes it much easier to tap into that device anytime, anywhere.
Make sure you get a quality brand uSD card, Class 10 or better, and I'd shoot for a minimum of 8GB, with 16GB being better.

I would add that if you use a 3B+ be sure to get a good power supply of 3A or greater.  The 3B+ requires more power than its predecessors and it seems to be very sensitive to power fluctuations.   I've been having flaky problems running the 3B+ with the CanaKit 2.5A "Pi3B" power supply (which works fine with Pi models prior to the 3B+).  I've upgraded those to 5v3a power supplies and all is good now.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Master/Remote Channel questions
« Last post by Aaron Maue on Today at 07:39:20 AM »
It's actually connected to a 8 port switch which is connected to a wireless router. So I don't need any of the remotes setup in the Master?

Where is the router connected?  Is it connected to the master?

More generally, each controller needs to get its e1.31 data from FPP.  So, if you have a controller connected to the eth0 connector from the master, you need to set up the channels on the master.  If you have that controller connected to the eth0 connector from a remote, you need to set the channels up on the remote.

In your case, I can't tell which FPP you have connected to the F48.  Assuming the master is connected to the wireless router (either through the wifi connection or through the ethernet connector to the 8-port switch), then it is the FPP that should be talking to the F48.  If that's the case, you will want to set the F48 channels up in the master.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Okay, 2 problems...
« Last post by Aaron Maue on Today at 07:28:01 AM »
I have been struggling with the network address problem as well.   Yah, how does it change from the static address I entered.?
 I have 2 guesses on the change in ip address. 

1:  I have an address of 169.254.24.60.   Don't enter this as 169.254.024.060?  I googled "leading zeros in ip addresses".

2:  Does having both a wifi and a ethernet address at the same time cause issues?  I made sure this time that my remotes were never connected to the internet.

Sorry I don't have any real networking knowledge. Hopefully someone who does can chime in with what is going on.  Good luck getting yours all running.

Jean

I have no idea why the device is reporting a different IP address than the one I entered in as static...

And, my remote FPP isn't connected to the internet - the address for my BBB is 192.168.5.150 and it connects also to the 8-port switch.

For what it's worth, and Dan - in case you're reading this, I'm seeing a similar thing on my system (as I posted in another thread).  the header of the webpage in the GUI shows a 169.x.x.x address, even though my eth0 address is set to 10.y.y.y.  I can send traffic through the 10.y.y.y address to my controllers, so everything appears to work, but with the 169.x.x.x showing in the GUI, I'm a little nervous that there's something bigger going on than just a format/data issue on the GUI.
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 07:26:43 AM »

With my f16v2's, I was able to get over 50' without issue to the first pixel over cat5e without needing a uamp (100 pixels per run), can I expect the same length expectation with the cap as well or is it less?
The Falcon PiCap. https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/index.php?id_product=47&controller=product

The Falcon V2 controllers and the Falcon PiCap both use Texas Instruments SN74AHCTxxx buffer chips.  They are essentially the same with the difference being the bigger controllers use more buffer gates for more ports.  I would expect their driving distances to first pixel to be essentially the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10