Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Playlist with an apostrophe
« Last post by David Pitts on October 17, 2017, 10:38:09 PM »
Shutdown the PI and pull the USB drive out and put it in your computer. There is a playlist directory that has all the playlists. Delete the playlist.
Showing Off / First year Chirstmas setup, control enclosure done!
« Last post by margo on October 17, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »

I decided pretty late in the game this year that I wanted to get invloved in a light display, so for this year, it's just about 400 pixels on the roof line and around the windows. Next year will be some arches and a few mini trees, maybe a mega tree as well. But I got the control enclosure done! Turned out pretty nice! Got a volt/amp meter on the door, 30A power supply underneath, Falcon F4V3 and the Pi on top. Found a nifty little power distribution board on amazon that made power injection hookups too easy. I also added the Pi LCD shield, which for those of you paying attention, will notice would mount upside down in the pictures I attached... So I had to flip the Pi around. Can't get everything perfect on the first attempt lol.

Made some PVC frames with some mounting strips for the LEDs which should be here in the next few days then I can get testing! Using Xlights right now, so doing lots of experimenting to figure things out. Next year I'll get a FM transmitter and get in the music sync game. Can't wait!

Also, it was getting decently warm in the enclosure. Not sure if it'll be an issue here in Iowa, but I got a $6 vent kit and $4 fan coming from Amazon. I'll put the weather resistant vent towards the top of the door and the fan on the bottom and that should make some really good airflow if it's needed for a few weeks.

Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Thermometer Plugin
« Last post by margo on October 17, 2017, 09:15:14 PM »
Maybe consider adding GPIO output as well? Could use the temp probe in the enclosure then use the GPIO to drive a transistor to turn a fan on if the enclosure temp reaches a certain level
I see this topic is a little old, but wondering if the USB relays are supported in v1.9, or if I need to do something more to access them.   I tried hooking up 2 of them, but it doesn't seem to want to find them.   I can't seem to change the port to anything but what is shown in the attached pic.   Brian was helping me out on the Zoom meeting, and didn't have any luck, so was going to switch to GPIO driven for some others, but then saw this and figured I'd ask. 
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: No audio need help
« Last post by Materdaddy on October 17, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »
Audio is disabled if you enable 2811 outputs. Do you have any 2811 outputs configured?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Beagle Bone Black Wireless
« Last post by dkulp on October 17, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
My latest images work fine on the BBBW.   The wireless works perfectly.   Just make sure it's the BBBW and not the BBGW.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: On at start, off at finish
« Last post by rayhjr on October 17, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
Thanks for your time Jim and for the pdf file. It is working now. The only thing I did different was add the /opt/fpp/bin.pi to the command. The fppmm in the downloaded script did not work and I found a post where you had posted your files and they had a /opt/fpp/bin/fppmm so I tried that, it did not work. When I run /opt/fpp/bin.pi/fppmm it works. I am happy now.  :)
While I'm here just wanted to give a shout out to ALL  Y'ALL here at FALCON that make the MAGIC Happen. I really like using a tiny little computer to run my show, the Manual is great and I can only imagine the time it took to put that together, much less the time on the software itself. I'm truly Grateful Y'all Freely share your knowledge with us less fortunate.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Beagle Bone Black Wireless
« Last post by focusedonsound on October 17, 2017, 07:24:25 PM »
I am planning to purchase a Beagle Bone Black.  But wanted to confirm if FPP runs as expected on the Beagle Bone Black Wireless version?  I was not able to find any posts anywhere.

Thanks,
F4V2 4-Port E131 controller / Re: F4V3 and Pixabulbs
« Last post by worksopian on October 17, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
Thanks again for the reply Jon,
I have one power supply going to the controller with a 3 wire AC input. Is there anything I can do to shield the data cable from 'noise'. I found out that I can change a setting in the Falcon software that will send blanking signals but still don't have the controller connected to a computer or pi.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP Lag Issues
« Last post by jem5136 on October 17, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »
It seems I have to get another Pi to run the Pixel tree, which is no big deal, however, based on what I've read it seems my best option is to keep the master hardwired and only have it run the display (no output) and run another Pi (I'll probably hard wire it to the router as well) and use it to run the Pixel tree.

Once I get the Pi in, I'll test this and report back, hopefully with good news!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10