Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: V3\Expansion and Differential
« Last post by PeteyHall on Today at 04:16:11 AM »
BTW, I'm assuming that just a normal buck converter will do the trick?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXKBJI2/ref=asc_df_B00CXKBJI25049299/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00CXKBJI2&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167146065113&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7673369476855084852&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002028&hvtargid=pla-362748412247

And to make it simpler, instead of wiring it into the power supply I could use one of the ports on the v3 for the power source?
XLights/Nutcracker / Re: Singing Face
« Last post by logandc99 on Today at 03:06:40 AM »
Hi,
The full zipped up lights package is at this link here 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/co2tlb2da4sewy1/Can%27t%20stop%20the%20feeling%2036OMGfilm3.zip?dl=0

It will have the images in it

XLights/Nutcracker / Re: Singing Face
« Last post by AAH on Today at 01:33:49 AM »
Logan is on Falcon Christmas as loganc or something like that I think. He actually shared that sequence and a couple others on the Official xLights Support Group on Facebook.  I've let him know you're chasing the files.
Falcon F-16 Pixelnet Controller / Re: String Connector for F16-V1
« Last post by Gary on Today at 01:12:37 AM »
I have bought about 3000 connectors from the source I listed. You can try some others on Ebay but I know FennyFenny is a great source.

Thanks for the quick reply.

P.S. Do you sleep? :D
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: V3\Expansion and Differential
« Last post by David Pitts on Today at 01:05:43 AM »
You can run two expansion boards. Does not matter which ones. If you run two differential expansions I would run one from external power input (5V @1amp min).
« Last post by David Pitts on Today at 01:04:28 AM »
I have bought about 3000 connectors from the source I listed. You can try some others on Ebay but I know FennyFenny is a great source.
« Last post by Gary on Today at 12:56:06 AM »
I just put 3 pin female waterproof connectors on each output of my F16v1a.  I have the matching male connectors on each of my light strings anyway so now they mate up just fine without the pain of trying to unsolder all those old connectors.  I have been using 20cm length on my connectors, but I am going to swap them out for 50cm lengths this year as sometimes the openings from the marine battery boxes got too full using the 20cm ones because of the end of the cables being to close to the opening.  YMMV

Since I'm using the on-board connectors to connect and disconnect my pixel strings on my equipment from last year, I thought I'd use those instead of additional waterproof connectors. I figure that it doesn't make sense to add an extra modular connector on each of my cable runs.
« Last post by Gary on Today at 12:32:56 AM »
Yes. If you have an F16V1 board that runs from Pixelnet not Ethernet. Please buy the exact ones I linked.

I removed all the old connectors (about 20-30 minutes with the trusty Radio Shack desoldering iron), and was about to order the connectors, but I thought I'd do a final comparison since I sent my messages from work earlier in the day. I noticed that there is a slight difference between what I have now (Mine.png) versus the main picture in the eBay Listing (ebay.png)... on my current connectors, the portion that sits on the board has a notch at the leading edge, and the portion that plugs in has a tiny notch... versus the eBay listing shows that the portion that sits on the board has a notch a bit down inside from the leading edge, and the portion that plugs in has what I'd describe as a slide rather than a notch with a different placement. However, in the same listing, there is another picture (ebay 2.png) with dimensions on it which shows the notches like what I have now.

Is it a crapshoot on what type of connector I will get?
F16V3 Pixel Controller / V3\Expansion and Differential
« Last post by Broomy111 on Today at 12:08:54 AM »
With the new expansion board dual ribbon connection, can I put a differential board after it?  I see on the google docs that I can do two expansions boards, but not sure with the differential board in the mix.

Thanks

Kevin

XLights/Nutcracker / Singing Face
« Last post by jboogie714 on Today at 12:00:06 AM »
Hello,
Anyone know where to get the singing face .png file from this show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vIFuB-TZJo

Are there any other singing face images that can be downloaded for free besides the ones from the Xlights/Nutcracker site?

Thanks,
Justin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10