Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Prop not working as expected
« Last post by toml8345 on Today at 04:17:39 PM »
Do you think it might be because of the 4 dead pixels at the end of the proceeding prop?  If so, do I change the setup for that prop to have only 248 nodes instead of the 252 it was originally built with?  If so do I also need to make changes to the xLights model?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Schedule not stopping
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 03:52:37 PM »
I don't think it would be logged.  I was just going to look for anything that looked like a jump at the scheduled end time to confirm if it looked like the same issue.
« Last post by jchuchla on Today at 03:44:55 PM »
would the ntp time jump be logged in one of those logs? Or do i need to look for a suspiscious gap in event timestamps?

Note that the pi did find and appears to be using my local NTP peers.  (this is an active directory domain, each DC is a NTP server)  So i'm expecting the time updates to happen reliably and quickly.
All systems (Pi/bbb) have the same branches and all Pi revisions see the same list.  If you aren't seeing v1.10 then it sounds like you haven't pulled in changes recently for your system to know there is a v1.10 branch.

The newer SD image based on Raspbian stretch will configure DNS differently which should fix the issue you see with DNS settings being overwritten.  If it isn't fixing it then I will add something to modify the OS DHCP script to not touch the resolv.conf file if we have a static IP configured via FPP.
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 03:39:39 PM »
Time jump might not be obvious, with the previous code it would only take a couple seconds of adjustment if ntpd had to fix the time.

I will try to look over the log tonight but the master-v1.x fix should cover that situation if you are fully up to date.
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 03:35:43 PM »
Cascading offset like that sounds like either the start channels off by 12 or maybe the pixel count is off.  :)
Learning Center / Re: Light stuck on
« Last post by afensty on Today at 03:35:38 PM »
Itís a full on red
Ok, thanks for reporting back.  Priorities and multiple playlists is something that is being worked on for a v2 of the software but I am focusing on the playlist portion itself right now.  I have already coded a lot of the new logic to allow multiple items with priorities but was being slowed down by trying to work on rewriting too many portions of FPP at once so I have stepped back a little and am currently focusing on playlist rewrite first then o the player then scheduler to have each build on the others feature improvements.
thanks you for you very elaborate answer, your level and speed of support keeps amazing me.

I've been add it all day and tried your solution but as my show sequence is just over 10 mins it keeps running more more out of pace with my advertised start show hours. It also prevents me from altering the show playlist. I'm still sequencing and adding.

I've ended up using the xlights scheduler and use priorities to overrule the show playlist over the quiet playlist.

Thanks again for your help! Hope priority function will get to the FPP scheduler sometime as I love how smooth and painless the Pi runs my shows.
« Last post by toml8345 on Today at 03:07:51 PM »
The problem was in my setup. 

Correcting my setups solved the problem, now I have a new issue.  My StarFlake Spinner consists of 252 nodes of which the last 4 are not functioning (this is a hardware issue as I can not get them to light even when testing channels), however, the next and final set of props in my display are Boscoyo Snowflakes.  When I have the StarFlake fully lit during a sequence the 1st 4 pixels on the 1st Boscoyo flake light as well, even though they are on a different output from my Falcon Diff Expansion Board and have a separate data line going to them.  As the 8 snowflakes cascade down during a sequence there are 4 pixels on in the next snowflake in line, and 4 pixels out on the current snowflake.

Any thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10