Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Plug-in Manual
« Last post by AAH on March 22, 2017, 10:21:03 PM »
Converting/saving to a pdf will typically get the size down to a meg or so. I had the same issue when I was working on the ACL101. The original .docx is about 30M and the complete document saves to a pdf of under 4.
New Hardware Projects / Re: RGB Amplifier
« Last post by AAH on March 22, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »
  The 1k resistor needs to go from the incoming R,G and B terminals to the +5 if you're using a 7805 regulator. You also need to put in a capacitor on both the input and output of the regulator as they can oscillate and self destruct if there's no capacitor. A 47uF on both is probably all that is required. Your schematic doesn't show the 0V connection to the 7805 reg and the 4 +IN inputs of the op amp need a fixed voltage of something like 2.5V from 2 1k resistors in series. The 4 47R resistors from OUT to the gates of the mosfets aren't drawn either.
  Depending on the incoming voltage the 7805 can either be a good thing or a bad thing. For voltages over 12V it will reduce the voltage swing of the op amp and make the high to low transitions faster. For under 8V there will be insufficient voltage to power the regulator. As your using op amps and not CMOS logic you can probably get away without the regulator unless you use 1 of the high speed low voltage op amps that only handle 5V and not to 30V or more that most op amps can handle. If it wasn't for the requirement for an output pullup resistor the use of a quad comparator like the LM339 could be used. They switch a helluva lot faster than op amps but only pull down in the same way as the mosfets do. You need a low resistance pullup in order to overcome the mosfet gate capacitance.
New Hardware Projects / Re: RGB Amplifier
« Last post by bowhunter3125 on March 22, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »
The pullup is between the incoming channel and the DC+. Without the resistor the input will end up sitting at zero volts. With too high a value it takes too long for the resistor in conjunction with mosfet capacitance to get back up to 5V, 12V or whatever. It's not an instantaneous thing.

So I need to put a 1k ohm resistor between the RGB wires and the -A, -B, -C pins on the Op Amp?

Falcon PiCap / Re: ? Any news on picap March shipping
« Last post by David Pitts on March 22, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »
Any word for the rest of us who haven't received shipping notifications yet? I'm so incredibly anxious to try this thing out!

Send me a PM with Last name or reference number.
« Last post by Yamr6rider on March 22, 2017, 09:18:40 PM »
Any word for the rest of us who haven't received shipping notifications yet? I'm so incredibly anxious to try this thing out!
« Last post by jerryinmich57 on March 22, 2017, 06:18:23 PM »
Got my picap today and had enough time after work before bedtime to light my first pixel strip "pretty cool stuff"
and thanks for including screws nuts and spacers oh yea and battery
Jerry
« Last post by davedecali on March 22, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »
Found my jumper position answer

Jumper on all 6 pins... 12v in ... 12v to pixel output... 5V to rpi

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php?topic=5960.30#top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I answered above as well. Lol.

Ahhhh... so you did... got all excited about getting the case files... which downloaded successfully btw

« Last post by Jonnyb44 on March 22, 2017, 05:47:18 PM »

I answered above as well. Lol.

Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Plug-in Manual
« Last post by cjtaylor on March 22, 2017, 05:27:30 PM »
Ben,

This is getting too big to send as a .doc or zipped.  The .zip is about 25Meg.  Too many images.  Send your email address and I will send you a copy for comment.  I still need input on FPP Version changes.

Thanks

Chris

Falcon PiCap / ? Any news on picap March shipping
« Last post by davedecali on March 22, 2017, 05:12:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10