Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon NEO (PI Matrix Board) / P10 VS P.*
« Last post by shanebou24 on Today at 07:43:32 AM »
 why not use P5 or P3?

what's so great about P10?

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Install FPP on a non Raspberry Pi board
« Last post by cpwtech on Today at 04:19:54 AM »
I have found the manual on the Allwinner H3 SOC.  It can handle DMA but to me it's all Greek.  I think it's about time for me to take the wife and go to a book store and find a nice THICK book, lol.

On another note, I have found a use for the OrangePi version.  I am using it to drive WS2811's via the serial port to Arduino Uno's. I know not the best way, but hey it works right out of the box.

Learning Center / Re: New to RGB
« Last post by AAH on Today at 12:05:14 AM »
The F16 is primarily a pixel controller but with some DMX out as well. Unless the C9's you bought are pixels then you'll need a controller to drive them. If they are 110V C9's then you'll need something like a LOR AC controller. If they are some sort of DC light then you'll need a DC controller to control them.
Learning Center / New to RGB
« Last post by Closc25 on February 25, 2017, 09:51:40 PM »
I'm just starting out and I know very little about RGB, controllers, power supply . But I know wat I wanna do so I bought 250 c9 bulbs for my roofline and about 800 nodes for my window outlines and garage and two 350 power supplies and I'm wondering if 1 F16v3 would be enough. Any advice would be appreciated.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: New board integration with FPP
« Last post by ThreeSizes on February 25, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
So the UP boards run more like a PC then? Is that what I'm hearing??

Yep.  I purchased one of the UP boards for another project not blink-flashy as I was looking for something in the Raspberry Pi form-factor that could run off 5VDC, I'm replacing an Intel NUC with the UP board. The only thing I don't like about it is the UP does not have WiFi. Looks like the new UP2 coming out in a few months has WiFi but its no longer the same form-factor as the Raspberry Pi. I actually installed the UP into a Raspberry Pi case I had laying around and installed Ubuntu 16.04 on it without any issues.

F16V2 Differential Expansion and Receivers / standard hole positions?
« Last post by nutz4lights on February 25, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »
Hey all,

I looked in the WIKI and didn't see this for any of the Falcon controllers, but is there a document online that has standard hole locations for the various Falcon boards?  I have F8's, F16V2R's, normal expansions, F4V2's, and I believe I posted the hole spacings at some point, but I can't find them for the differential expansion and the differential receivers...  Anybody have them?

A top down mechanical view with hole size and spacing would be a great thing to put in the manual or at the WIKI I would think, especially while planning upcoming enclosures before the controllers ship in May.

Thanks,

-Louie
Vendors/Other / Re: Need an EDM transmitter - Christmas Sale
« Last post by HobbyBroadcaster on February 25, 2017, 06:32:32 PM »
Well, it took a bit longer to post due to some family matters that required urgent attention but I'm happy to announce the review of the EDM-LCD-CS, the basic level of the EDM transmitter series, is now available on my site:

EDM Design EDM-LCD-CS FM Transmitter Review
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: New board integration with FPP
« Last post by MacArthur St Light Madnes on February 25, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
So the UP boards run more like a PC then? Is that what I'm hearing??
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Sticky for the manual
« Last post by David Pitts on February 25, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »
Added a sticky to manual in FPP forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10