Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Protocol Discussions / Open Sound Control (OSC)
« Last post by jbdlr on Today at 01:23:59 AM »
Hello,

It's possible to use this protocol (OSC) to trigger sequences, effects, and scripts?
F16V3 Pixel Controller / F16V3 Box Build Help Required
« Last post by baf05 on Today at 01:05:06 AM »

I have a F16V3 and two 16port expansion boards.  I am in the process of trying to design a box build but powering it all his me kind of confused.
I plan to run each port on the main board at 424 pixels and both expansion boards at 300 pixels each, however the most the main board will ever run is 300, so pretty much each port will run 300 pixels. 

To keep it simple I will run 2 universes per output with 150 pixels per universe. (hopefully)

My bigger question is powering this config, assuming 300 pixels per output thatís 2400 pixels on V1 or V2, thatís a big load on one power supply! From experience I know I need to power inject some of my props, and I can do that from a separate power supply, but thatís is still going to leave the power supply on V1/V2 carrying a large load as is powering at least the first few pixels of 8 different props.

Now not each port is going to power 300 pixels, but a lot are.  Is it enough to let V1/V2 power those 8 port and add injection for support?

Or should I be looking at just having the V2 of the main board power the boards via the ribbon cable and set up my own fuse array to ensure that no power supply is powering more pixels than it should.

(which would necessitate a regig of props to isolate power supplyísÖ and thatís another issue!)

How do other achieve stable power delivery assuming a full board?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: PI Channel Setup
« Last post by David_AVD on June 21, 2018, 11:25:29 PM »
Boy, you really have a bee in your bonnet.  I didn't give you give you kudos + or - so there you go.  Have a nice day.  :)
« Last post by Sawdust on June 21, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
I think you're being a bit sensitive Sawdust.

Alan merely pointed out that your (pre-edit) information was not correct.

No! it is dealing with rudiness.  The original unedited content of my post remain unchanged.  So his post was intended to discredit my answer to give him full credit.

I do agree, there was a line pasted (4 lines below my post) that got posted in error from a previous email....about  IP addresses.  A proper person would stated he didnít agree, then stated his thoughts, not discredit my whole post by saying I was incorrect

And thanks for the negative kudos....maybe you can have the rest of your Aussie friends give me a negative Kudos too.  In now trying to build the biggest negitive number.
The Water Cooler / LED Panels Matrix Recommendations
« Last post by Michael on June 21, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »
I am interested in building a P5? based LED matrix for an outdoor Tune to FM sign.  I am looking for links for building an outdoor enclosure and links for where to purchase the panels.  Where is a good source to buy a few panels?  Any suggestions or pointers?Thanks!
« Last post by David_AVD on June 21, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
I think you're being a bit sensitive Sawdust.

Alan merely pointed out that your (pre-edit) information was not correct.
« Last post by Sawdust on June 21, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »
What sawdust said isn't correct. You can have the same IP for all the universes. If 1 pixel board or FPP is doing all these universes then it's fine.
The FPP start channels is where the problem is. You currently have them all at 1. They should be 1, 58, 142, 256 etc (start channel of previous line plus the number of assigned channels).

Maybe it just the rudeness you started your post.  It says everything I said was wrong.
« Last post by trkeenan on June 21, 2018, 04:35:56 PM »
Perfect!  Thanks both of you for the help.

That solved my problem

Tim
« Last post by AAH on June 21, 2018, 04:31:06 PM »
If what I said isn't true, why are you repeating what I said?
And thanks for taking my Kudos - are you the person stripping Kudos from people on this forum?
What you said that wasn't true was that the different universes can't be on the same IP. Perhaps you noticed that when you edited the comment and removed that detail. I explained the requirement that allowed this to be true.I elaborated rather than repeated. There are 2 different start channels that are defined. I tried to make it clear that it is the FPP start channel where he made the mistake and not the universe start channel.
I have NEVER removed kudos from anyone and was unaware or even cared that it was possible.
The Water Cooler / Re: sk6812 rgbw
« Last post by fade on June 21, 2018, 01:54:39 PM »
Thank you very much!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10