Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sell/Trade / Re: Controllers for sale - Falcon F16V2-R (1 SOLD, 2 LEFT)
« Last post by Mike on Today at 05:45:32 PM »
I'm new to this. How many channels can they run? Also do you know this difference if this and the f16v3?
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: EDM RDS
« Last post by Reys Dad on Today at 02:35:53 PM »
fpp v2 Beta - my changes were accepted around 8.28.  I pulled updates via Help|About.  I originally installed from the Dan Kulp version http://dankulp.com/bbb/FPP-v2.0-Beta-Pi-20180709.zip .

I can verify that fpp v2 Beta is working with the latest edmrds version from github https://github.com/drlucas/fpp-edmrds !

I was able to get the version that is installed but the GUI to work, but it required changes to the callback file.  Best bet is to use the latest version from github - the callback file is python based instead of sh based.

I'm kind of new here. Does this mean we need to wait for the github changes you submitted to be pushed to 2.0 as an update before the song titles will start working or do we need to reinstall the EDM plugin after the changes are integrated? I tried looking at the github link you referenced but it looks like the last update was three years ago so it doesn't seem the changes you recently submitted have been incorporated yet.
I'm not sure what is the next step?
FYI, I do have the cable and pigpio files updated and I'm able to update the station ID through the plugin. It just won't populate the "now playing" names.
Thanks
Display Items / Re: Mega Tree - 12, 16 or 24 Strings on a 180 degree tree?
« Last post by mac50 on Today at 02:06:09 PM »

One thing I am finding is that most of the sequences that I see out there are for 12 or 16 strings.

What are your thoughts?
Number of strands does not matter to sequencer. It will apply  an effect to however many strands you specify in your tree model. More strands equals higher resolution, good for displaying images
I just came across this forum post - 24 strand pixel tree - http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,4187.15.html

I think I will continue with the 24 strand, 50 up 50 down.
Display Items / Mega Tree - 12, 16 or 24 Strings on a 180 degree tree?
« Last post by WERSVDRU on Today at 01:26:26 PM »
I am new at this hobby and am planning a Mega tree and wanted to know what everyone thinks I should do.

Equipment/Software being used is Falcon F48 with differential boards and xLights.

My plan is to have a 180 degree, 24 strings with 100 pixels each (50 up and 50 down). The height is 12+/- feet and the base would be 7'.

One thing I am finding is that most of the sequences that I see out there are for 12 or 16 strings.

What are your thoughts?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Powering a Rasp Pi and EDM FM Transmitter
« Last post by corydorning on Today at 11:30:48 AM »
I bought an EDM transmitter and was never able to get it to transmit.  Is there a decent guide out there somewhere?

I uploaded my sequence to my pi and connected the pi to the edm via the following cable:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Cable/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537291637&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=rca+to+aux&psc=1

and set the edm to an open frequency in my area:

http://elecurls.tripod.com/fm-free.htm

I use the following for my antenna which connects to the edm (Michael at KB9VBR was very helpful at getting me squared away):
https://www.jpole-antenna.com/shop/2-meter-break-a-way-j-pole-antenna/
I think the two that worked were based on Ralink chips instead of RealTek chips.  That does bring up another possibility, the ralink's use the in-kernel drivers by default whereas on the BBB, we use external drivers for the RealTeks.   Probably should try tethering with the kernel drivers.   That said, switching drivers isn't something that can be done if we don't detect a link.   That requires a reboot.
Well there ya go!

I switched to Linux Kernel drivers and now my iPad successfully *associates* (i.e. WiFi link established) but I'm now getting the same problem Jon reported with the client not getting the 192.168.0.2 address.   (it comes up with a 169.254.x.x autoconfigured address)

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi Zero W and FPP 2.0 - Wifi setup on first boot
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 10:21:35 AM »
Different Brands, or different units of the same brand?    I have all EDIMAX and haven't been able to get it to work on BBB ... but I haven't tried swapping them with others units that are the same brand

Which brand works?

I think the two that worked were based on Ralink chips instead of RealTek chips.  That does bring up another possibility, the ralink's use the in-kernel drivers by default whereas on the BBB, we use external drivers for the RealTeks.   Probably should try tethering with the kernel drivers.   That said, switching drivers isn't something that can be done if we don't detect a link.   That requires a reboot.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: No DNS by default
« Last post by nmiller0113 on Today at 10:17:10 AM »
And to add one more point to my last message...The only reason I'm arguing this is because DNS has zero tie to interface routing.  DNS resolution happens much further up the stack and the problem in your example is determining which DNS server to use, not the interface it lives off of.  Routing is only involved in once a DNS Server has been determined for a lookup and at that point only routing can impact the interface that request goes out.  You could obviously block requests using IP tables but still, routing will be the decision maker on interface used.
Looks like on the BBB, it REALLY depends on the Wifi adapter.  I have tried 5 different wifi adapters that I have on my desk.  2 of them work ok,

Different Brands, or different units of the same brand?    I have all EDIMAX and haven't been able to get it to work on BBB ... but I haven't tried swapping them with others units that are the same brand

Which brand works?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10