Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Wow
« Last post by Ebuechner on Today at 08:48:09 AM »
Where can I find the specs on the new F4 v3. I may want to get one.
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: A tour of Ray Wu's factory
« Last post by gadgetsmith on Today at 07:07:41 AM »
Does anyone know what type of epoxy/ resin is being used for filling the pixels?  I'm going to be testing my own pixel design this summer, and wish to weather/waterproof it. That video made me think if this question.  Thanks for posting the pics and videos.  I always thought Ray was more of a middleman, not actually in the factory like this.  Guess this is why feedback to him can immediately impact product quality. Nice to see this.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Keeping the FPP alive during power off
« Last post by bpos on Today at 12:48:33 AM »
This is an area I have been researching for quite a while now. I am down to 2 thoughts about what is happening. I am almost convinced its a hardware issue. Either its the SD card integrity or its the power supply. The reason I point at the SD card as one potential problem is obviously its the source of the problem. I have did hundreds of reloads to test the integrity of the SD and while it will take some rewriting hit over time they hold up fairly well depending on brand. I had the best luck with sandisk cards. (they do eventually corrupt from extensive use I have found) The next problem I kept running into was when I would mount the Pi next to the power supply (within perhaps 2 inches or so?) It kept corrupting the disk every time. The best I can figure is 2 things. Perhaps the EMFs are messing with the SD cards or that the power "supply" was winding up slowly and that might cause corruption? What I mean by that is, lets say that the Pi is plugged in, the power from certain 5vdc sources may be tied to the main power supply of perhaps 12vdc lets say. In some cases you can sponge off the control board that will perhaps have an onboard 5vdc power out. Or a 12vdc to 5vdc power converter? In these instances the power may come on slowly depending on how its bridge rectified and caps and such? So you might not get 5vdc instantly? May perhaps take a half second or less. But that may be enough of a hit for the SD card? This is all considering the 5vdc source is already plugged in to begin?

I have not pin pointed the exact problem but its narrowed down to one of these I think... 

I could be wrong but that's what I have seen thus far.

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Installing FPP on new BBG issues
« Last post by AAH on April 23, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
I'd try plugging in a monitor to see if there's any status messages that might shed some insight as to what is happening.
free shipping is only good if you are prepared to wait forever
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP and BBG
« Last post by Blickensderfer on April 23, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »
Captain,

I noticed on the doc for installing the new os's that is using a v3 flasher.  Does the 1.5 version need to be updated to preform the install on the emmc?  I'm not sure what version is currently being used in the 1.5 img.

Dan

To turn these images into eMMC flasher images, edit the /boot/uEnv.txt file on the Linux partition on the microSD card and remove the '#' on the line with 'cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh'. Enabling this will cause booting the microSD card to flash the eMMC. Images are no longer provided here for this to avoid people accidentally overwriting their eMMC flash.

New Hardware Projects / Re: Multi Point FPP with Ubiquiti - Comments Needed
« Last post by algerdes on April 23, 2017, 06:52:34 PM »
You could replace location 1 with an Ubiquiti 5G omni.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ubiquiti-AMO-5G10-5Ghz-AirMax-Dual-Omni-10dBi-/122196928826?hash=item1c7381293a:g:~KIAAOSwx2dYDm~B

That should solve your issue with the narrow beam width.

Very good information.  I'll look into putting this in the center.  Thanks.
New Hardware Projects / Re: Multi Point FPP with Ubiquiti - Comments Needed
« Last post by algerdes on April 23, 2017, 06:51:20 PM »
Have you looked at the PicoStation M2.  The PicoStatio M provides 360 coverage at a range of up to 500 m – suitable for a medium-range deployment. The robust, weatherproof case withstands harsh outdoor conditions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXT8L4S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has 1000mW of output power.

I actually have 3 of them on the shelf as I type this. Forgot all about picking them up about 14 months ago.  (Old age is .... something.)  Now I have 3 picostation M2hps and 3 nanostation M5s.  If it would be better to have all of one, or the other, I'll try to find more.

Note that the reason for going with the nanostation M5s was the fact that the Picostations are no longer on Ubiquiti's site.  At least none that I could find.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP and BBG
« Last post by Blickensderfer on April 23, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
I'm having the same issue of installing.  I have 3 BBG and all three are doing the same.  It never installs.   I tested installing the latest version os from beaglebone website and it installed without any issue.  I'm thinking the BBG doesn't like something about the fpp emmc image.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10