Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
should be able to make it :)
.might. have to leave early though...
The Water Cooler / Re: Anyone know how to contact diyledexpress?
« Last post by mikewlaymon on April 25, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
Try their Facebook page, or email service@diyledexpress.com
Display Items / House Outline Assistance
« Last post by MGoBlue102 on April 25, 2018, 10:24:14 AM »
I am getting ready to outline my house with lights and plan on installing in June when good weather is here.  I have attached a photo with most measurements of where all I am thinking of putting the lights.  Seeking any input or thoughts/ideas of the current placement, any spots missed and feasibility.  How each should be connected for optimum effect, minimum soldering as far as which strings should be hooked together etc.  Also, things like controller types/placement, power injection points and such.  I am new to this particular site recently and see there seems to be far more resources available than some others I was initially introduced to. 

The product I am using is an aluminum channel with white diffuser found on amazon and other vendors.  21mm deep variety to house my 60led/m rgb strips.  All together right now, based on what I have measured, total footage of the outline equates to approximately 307 linear feet or approximately 91m.  Currently I own no falcon controllers but considering using such to drive this.  My two existing controllers are LOR PIXCON 16's and I have not ruled out using them for this either.  I plan on leaving these mounted year round channels and all. 

Any input greatly appreciated. 
The Water Cooler / Anyone know how to contact diyledexpress?
« Last post by rwthib on April 25, 2018, 09:09:13 AM »
Put in order and final page after paying errored.
Noticed duplicate charges to cc but all orders are still processing.
Tried contact Us page but it also has same error as sale page.

Sell/Trade / WTB: 4 Core 15mm Ray Wu Pigtails or 10' Extentions
« Last post by TNF250 on April 25, 2018, 08:26:44 AM »

4 Core 15mm Ray Wu Pigtails any length or 10' Extentions.

Please let me know if you have any, I would prefer Black.

Thanks.

The Water Cooler / Re: FPP to SanDevice 6804/F16V2-R
« Last post by tbone321 on April 25, 2018, 06:41:39 AM »
I think that we will need a bit more information than this.  Yes, FPP and the PI can send data directly to Ethernet controllers on its eth0 output (RJ45) provided they are set up correctly.  What controllers are you using and how are you connecting them.  What is the IP address of the PI's Ethernet and WIFI connections and what are the IP addresses of the controllers?
General Hardware / Re: Picture/Video size
« Last post by JonB256 on April 25, 2018, 05:38:25 AM »
I have a P10 matrix that is 4wx3h.  From different videos I have seen, I don't appear to be getting the clarity that others are.  i understand they aren't an HD tv and won't have the quality but mine seems to lack what others have.  Should I adjust pictures to the same pixel resolution as the matrix?  Also, should I play with the brightness in FPP or gamma in xlights.  Sorry if this has been covered, I searched the forum but didn't come up with anything.

Thank you,
For that size (12 panels) the viewer needs to be 35 ft or more distant. I've got several videos I play on a 9 panel that look nice at 40 ft. Dont make them too bright.

I've found the advantage of resizing my videos is for Render speed in xlights more than clarity on P10s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

General Hardware / Re: Picture/Video size
« Last post by AAH on April 25, 2018, 02:06:55 AM »
Working with an image of 128x48 (or 96x64 depending on orientation) like your matrix will give the best rendering possible. There's not much resolution to work with and a lot of matrices are a lot bigger than 12 panels. Some people are using higher resolution panels like P5 or P6's as well.
General Hardware / Picture/Video size
« Last post by Slim00209 on April 25, 2018, 01:08:41 AM »
I have a P10 matrix that is 4wx3h.  From different videos I have seen, I don't appear to be getting the clarity that others are.  i understand they aren't an HD tv and won't have the quality but mine seems to lack what others have.  Should I adjust pictures to the same pixel resolution as the matrix?  Also, should I play with the brightness in FPP or gamma in xlights.  Sorry if this has been covered, I searched the forum but didn't come up with anything.

Thank you,

Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Re: Basic interconnection question
« Last post by Emuney18 on April 24, 2018, 03:37:46 PM »
I will also add to this. Plugs on both ends makes your life much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10