Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: cat5 cable?
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 06:29:30 PM »
Pick your color.  I used the green stranded,  Bought several years ago and still have some left in the box.
F48 Pixel Controller / cat5 cable?
« Last post by Dodgerblu on Today at 06:22:43 PM »
anybody order bulk 1000ft cat5 from Monoprice, there is so many which one is the preferred for the differential receiver boards.
Dan, I love your responses.  I feel like I learn so much.  I copied the FPP onto the eMMC.  Is there anything else that needs to be done to the SD card afterwards? 

I now have my BBB powered from the Octoscrolla v1.5 and connected to my wifi.  I assume I should put an inline fuse on the power.  What amp fuse would be suggested, 2.5-3A?

I PERSONALLY suggest reformatting the SD card to either ext4 or btrfs just to avoid the FAT issues. 

I don't have my BBB's fused other than what's on the F8-B/F32-B, but if you want to, a 2A fuse should likely be used.  The BBB will use at most 1.2A and the wifi likely another 0.1-0.2.  The buffer chip on the octo barely uses any.   

Long story short, FPP should be very efficient on disk activity on the OS drive, and can easily run on a 256MB or lower system.  This is one of the reasons we don't worry about using a small ramdisk for OS logs to reduce OS drive writes.

Except on my BBB images, I got rid of the ram disk cause when something goes wrong, having logs is actually useful.  :)

F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Enclosure Ideas for F16V3
« Last post by drm1963 on Today at 02:58:38 PM »
MTM  Ammo Crate Utility Box

From AMAZON
Different sizes
Water-resistant O-ring seal for dry storage

Avg price around than $20.00

Followed other builds found on the net

Latches are mounted on sides for easy carrying; Made in USA

F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: PL9823 Protocol Support?
« Last post by CarterM on Today at 02:03:11 PM »
You're right - crappy power supply!  Thanks for the tip.
Thanks for the reply. I had just figured it out while tinkering with it some more and reconfigured for 510 and everything works fine ::) . Now I can stop pulling my hair out! Thanks again. I'll have to make it a habit to restrict universe to 510 channels.
How many channels per universe are you using? Many of use only use 510/universe because 510 is dividable by 3, meaning you can use 170 pixels on that universe; whereas, when you're using 512 channels, pixel #171 is using 2 universe (Red and green on 1st universe, Green on 2nd universe). If you are using 512 channels per universe, I'd suggest changing it to 510 and see if that makes a difference.

Also check your settings on your controller and make sure all your channels match xLights, simply entering the wrong start channel can cause havoc.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Enclosure Ideas for F16V3
« Last post by stidrvr on Today at 12:41:47 PM »
I finally got a few pics of my enclosures.

I apologize if I have missed something very straightforward. But so far it has escaped me. I am new to xLights and  pixels in general.

Background: I have a strand of 300 pixels that I am controlling with an ESPixel Pop as an E131 controller. The 300 pixels are 12V RGB 2811 bullets in 3 100 bullets strands I have connected together and power injected. I am using a simple polyine model in  xLights and have configured  the ESPpixel Pop as  universe 100 and 102 with 512 channels per universe in unicast mode. I am running the lights through  FPP on a beagle-bones black.

Problem:At channel 513 (beginning of universe 2), the color model of the pixels changes from RGB to GRB!!! Note that this is mid string #2. ( I confirmed this by step through channel range testing in the FPP display test). This happens whether I am playing my xLights sequence or in test mode on the FPP  All pixels make white perfectly. When testing the 300 light string with the test mode of the ESPixel Pop, all pixels produce all colors faithfully.

I am assuming there must be a setting somewhere that modifies the color model of a universe, but I haven't been able to find it. Any help would be appreciated!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10