Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: PBF8 Slave problem
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 02:26:04 PM »
I have a PocketBeagle F8 from Dan Kulp that I am trying to set up as a slave but for some reason the WiFi isn't working properly. My home router is 192.168.0.1
Just FYI, I have several and they are all working via WiFi.  So its probably not the board.  Lets look more at your setup...
My Master FPP is on a PI (eth0 192.168.0.100) that is directly connected via ethernet. I have a remote PI that is working properly (wlan0 192.168.0.101). I set up the PBF8 to wlan0 and the IP is 192.168.0.102 (see attached image) the WPA key is actually entered. When I connect to the PBF8 directly to my laptop, I can access the portal via 192.168.7.2 but when I disconnect and wire power to the power bus, I cannot access the PBF8 via 192.168.0.102 any suggestions? I am using an Edimax WiFi adapter.
That all sounds correct.  I would ask if you have any "special" characters in your PSK, but since you have it working on a Pi its probably OK.  Always good to double check it though.  I'm pretty sure FPP does not like special characters or spaces in there (even though technically it would be a valid WiFi PSK).  Also make sure the Upper/Lower case matches exactly.  PSK is case-sensitive.

Also, on setting up the inputs/Outputs I am not sure because there is not a physical controller attached. On the PBF8 there is an additional Channel Input screen, what is that for?
v2.x separated E1.31 inputs and outputs (they were combined in v1.x).  Channel inputs is not required for a Remote with local fseq files, but will be needed if you want to run it in bridge mode.

On the Network configuration do I need to enable Routing between network interfaces since there is not another controller attached?
No.  There is only one network interface so no point in enabling routing.

On the Channel Output page, what interface do I use? wlan0 or eth0? There is no connected eth0 so I would assume wlan0?
You do not need to set up any E1.31 outputs for the F8PB.  Go to the BBB Strings tab to configure the F8PB outputs

I want to use Unicast (unless there is a better option?) but what IP address do I use? Normally you use the IP address of the physical controller but there isn't one, so do I use the wlan0 address of the PBF8?
Does not apply here.  You are not sending data out a network interface

But then there is a BBB String page that I think is where everything is set up?
yes
What options? Enable BBB String Cape?
yes
What Cape Type? I think it would be either F8-B (Serial) or F8-B (No serial)?
  Depends on what you want.  Its all the same board, just how you want to use/setup the serial/DMX/expansion ports
Falcon Player (FPP) / PBF8 Slave problem
« Last post by Poporacer on Today at 01:00:36 PM »
I have a PocketBeagle F8 from Dan Kulp that I am trying to set up as a slave but for some reason the WiFi isn't working properly. My home router is 192.168.0.1
My Master FPP is on a PI (eth0 192.168.0.100) that is directly connected via ethernet. I have a remote PI that is working properly (wlan0 192.168.0.101). I set up the PBF8 to wlan0 and the IP is 192.168.0.102 (see attached image) the WPA key is actually entered. When I connect to the PBF8 directly to my laptop, I can access the portal via 192.168.7.2 but when I disconnect and wire power to the power bus, I cannot access the PBF8 via 192.168.0.102 any suggestions? I am using an Edimax WiFi adapter.

Also, on setting up the inputs/Outputs I am not sure because there is not a physical controller attached. On the PBF8 there is an additional Channel Input screen, what is that for?

On the Network configuration do I need to enable Routing between network interfaces since there is not another controller attached?

On the Channel Output page, what interface do I use? wlan0 or eth0? There is no connected eth0 so I would assume wlan0?

I want to use Unicast (unless there is a better option?) but what IP address do I use? Normally you use the IP address of the physical controller but there isn't one, so do I use the wlan0 address of the PBF8?

But then there is a BBB String page that I think is where everything is set up?
What options? Enable BBB String Cape?
What Cape Type? I think it would be either F8-B (Serial) or F8-B (No serial)?

And it looks like you have to set up each port similar to a controller? Can you upload this from XLights? Also, I do not see Universe numbers, only Start channels?

I am sure there will be more questions as I get farther along!

Thanks for your help!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Master/Remote Network question
« Last post by Poporacer on Today at 10:58:42 AM »
Because there was a line drawn to the Master from the controller, I thought it was a wired connection. I got the problem resolved. Because I am going to have a router at the same location as the Master FPP, I am going to have it connected via an ethernet cable so I set up eth0 as static with the IP address that I wanted and wlan0 as DHCP.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Shipping sizes
« Last post by Jojoed on Today at 10:41:20 AM »
That is if youíre just getting the controller itís self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Shipping sizes
« Last post by Jojoed on Today at 10:40:40 AM »
The box is small probably and inch and a half tall and maybe 9 inches long by probably 5 inches wide I can send a pic when I get home as I still have the box mine shipped in is less then a pound n weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Shipping sizes
« Last post by Revitspace on Today at 10:16:02 AM »
Hi i am about to import a F16v3 controllers to the UK using the 'ShipTo' service that seems to be recommend on here by various people in a similar situation.  However have a few questions i am hoping someone can help with.

• How big is the controller (when packaged - Width, length, height etc)
  • Approximate weight (packaged)
Both of these are required by ShipTo and overcompensating costs additional £££ so want to get it as accurate as possible.   If anyone else has any advice on ShipTo or importing one of these to the UK it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Master/Remote Network question
« Last post by K-State Fan on Today at 08:45:30 AM »
In the first drawing of ThreeSize's network he does not have anything hooked up to eth0.
You can hook up the master either way.  I have mine hooked up to eth0 and am not using wlan0 at all on my master.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: 2.x beta PI3B+ install
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 07:06:54 AM »
On the main status screen their is a an FPP Backup menu.  But I have not tried using it to between v1 and v2.  However I keep all my configs on the USB and I have just replaced the uSD card with the new image and left the USB alone and all my settings seem to be just fine.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Can I use this command to fix a dirty bit?
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 06:41:37 AM »
How would one run this command with every startup? I am having issues with audio on the new pi version. I may have to revert if no fix is available.
Last year ran system with the read only script.
  • Go to FPP -> Content Setup -> Script Repository Browser
  • Find the script called UserCallbackHook.sh and install it.
  • Go to FPP -> Content Setup -> File Manager -> Scripts
  • Select the UserCallbackHook script and then click [Edit] to add the desired command you want run at every startup or every shutdown.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Can I use this command to fix a dirty bit?
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 06:39:26 AM »
Last year ran system with the read only script.

The v2.x-master that is now in Beta is much less susceptible to file system corruption than with v1.9 or v1.10. The shift to using "ext4" and "btrfs" formatted partitions instead of FAT32 has helped a lot.

I tried to run that read only script on v2.x-master and my Pi3 lost connectivity thru Apache and got a reflashed uSD. So, until you hear otherwise, don't run that script.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10