Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Re: Power Injection
« Last post by deplanche on Today at 10:53:31 AM »
Can you give an example of where you are seeing this?

Have you seen this http://spikerlights.com/pwrinjection.aspx?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Set Universe start channel for E1.31
« Last post by deplanche on Today at 10:51:51 AM »
What type of pixel controllers are you using.  That would help us figure out how to set things up so you can do what you want.
Lynx/Pixelnet / Re: Help!!!
« Last post by deplanche on Today at 10:42:24 AM »
If all your controllers are going to be connected to the F16v3, then you set up all your universes for E131 in xlights and on the FPP.  The F16v3 will covert all the output to the other formats you need.

For RGB pixels that you want to be directly controlled by the F16v3, you would put the start channels on the string port pages.  If channels 1 to 4096 are going to be used for your DLA controllers, everything on the String port page, would have a start number of 4097 or higher.

On the Serial port page, you'd want to set your start channel for 1 (which is the same as universe 1, start channel 1), for the pixelnet information.  Set the controller type to serial and pixelnet.  Any DMX that you need is getting converted by the active hub to DMX before going to the output, so no need to do anything with that.  I think you can only have 4 universes of pixelnet being output however, so not 100% the number you have will work.  It's been a while since I have used that stuff, so I would have to look into that to give you more details.
OK, that make sense. I thought I could get away with useing the pixel channels on the 16v3 and eliminating the dla active hub.

Thanks,
                                                                      animal
Falcon Player (FPP) / Set Universe start channel for E1.31
« Last post by ImissNixon on Today at 09:55:27 AM »
Is there a way to set the start channel within the universe?  I have 1 universe that spans 2 pixel controllers, so I can define the first controller since it starts at 1, but the second controller at needs to start in the same universe at a different channel.  Sorry if I'm conflating terms, I don't mean the FPP channel, but the address within the universe.
Lynx/Pixelnet / Re: Help!!!
« Last post by zwiller on Today at 09:28:59 AM »
IMO posting screenshots really help with this sort of thing and better than teamviewer since it can be viewed by many.  Start with FPP output screen.  They should all be E.131.  I predict one is pixelnet... 
Falcon PiCap / Re: PiCap not working after 1.9 update
« Last post by sr4uk on Today at 08:51:35 AM »

It's wireless access.  I can access both Pi's when they are first powered on.  Then at some point between 1 - 12 hours after being powered on I lose the ability to connect to them via the web interface and ssh.  However, if the show is already kicked off and running before they lose connection it will continue. I've tried changing my dhcp lease refresh time to 30 minutes to keep them communicating but to no avail.  Also, the Pi Hat and pixels have been running on my halloween show on 1.8 perfectly fine for 4 weeks, only after going to 1.9 did they stop working.

If the show keeps running even though you can't communicate, are they running Master or Standalone? or are they Remotes?

I have a RasPi 3 loaded with v1.8/v1.9 upgrade that will occasionally lose connectivity but it is a Remote, so it just stops playing completely.

They are Master and Remote.  I know they SHOULDN'T keep going but they do.  It's the weirdest thing.  I experienced it last year too which is why I started off with a fresh install this year. 
Falcon PiCap / Re: PiCap not working after 1.9 update
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 08:19:09 AM »

It's wireless access.  I can access both Pi's when they are first powered on.  Then at some point between 1 - 12 hours after being powered on I lose the ability to connect to them via the web interface and ssh.  However, if the show is already kicked off and running before they lose connection it will continue. I've tried changing my dhcp lease refresh time to 30 minutes to keep them communicating but to no avail.  Also, the Pi Hat and pixels have been running on my halloween show on 1.8 perfectly fine for 4 weeks, only after going to 1.9 did they stop working.

If the show keeps running even though you can't communicate, are they running Master or Standalone? or are they Remotes?

I have a RasPi 3 loaded with v1.8/v1.9 upgrade that will occasionally lose connectivity but it is a Remote, so it just stops playing completely.
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Power Injection
« Last post by BlackwolfK9 on Today at 08:09:34 AM »
Still can't get my arms around this power injection puzzle.  In many of the diagrams I see power being run back to one of the output connectors.  What is this for?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: New Setup Errors
« Last post by RaceMedic on Today at 07:17:03 AM »
I am sure it is one of my settings ... Still trying to learn all this and running out of time as far as as this years show.

Sorry .. Not sure why the attachment went in twice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10