Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
XLights/Nutcracker / Re: Display Current Date / Time / Temp on matrix
« Last post by MikeKrebs on March 22, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »
Xscheduler appears to have what you need. you will have to retrieve the date and time and temp from somewhere but that is "relatively easy". google how.
for the api you can use to do text on predefined matrices.
DMX/E1.31 / Re: E1.31 A/C controllers?
« Last post by MikeKrebs on March 22, 2018, 11:05:33 PM »
the ss line and the tr line of renard controllers have esp8266 based adapters.  this is a wireless e1.31 to serial/dmx solution. If you want wired, I think someone was working on a nano based solution that could feed the serial but I don't have that resource at my fingertips.  maybe barnabybear?
F16V2 Differential Expansion and Receivers / FPP And Differential Expansion Units
« Last post by gizmohd on March 22, 2018, 10:59:13 PM »
I wonder if FPP could control one of the Differential boards using something like this?  May be overkill, but I have a bunch of 'extra' pi's laying around, and was thinking about how I could put it to good use in a more 'permanant' fashion....  Thoughts?

XLights/Nutcracker / Display Current Date / Time / Temp on matrix
« Last post by mjardin on March 22, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »
I have a matrix setup that I would like to rotate at least the current date and time, Temp would be a bonus, in with my other matrix sequences.   I have found countdown clocks and searched google and have found nothing.  Any help would be great.

Thank you
Planning to go (weather dependent ofcourse), but may have to leave early since there's another thing I want to go to in the afternoon.
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: Power supply for F48?
« Last post by David Pitts on March 22, 2018, 09:34:44 PM »
There is screw terminal. But also a barrel connector. 2.1mm center pin 5V.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP with Imported Superstar Effects
« Last post by Bos Lights on March 22, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »
Thanks Jim!  This is exactly the answer I was looking for :D

F48 Pixel Controller / Power supply for F48?
« Last post by brichi on March 22, 2018, 09:19:10 PM »
So in preparation of my F48 possible shipping in a few weeks I was looking into what power supply to get, the site says 5v, 3A and the board looks like there are not screw terminals for a p/s but instead a run input concetor like a beagle bone has. So she we buy the same p/s like I have for my BBB? like this -
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Linsen Cards
« Last post by gadgetsmith on March 22, 2018, 08:37:35 PM »
After writing my response, it occurred to me that perhaps the MAC address was an issue when changing the network connection and LEDSet not working correctly.  Indeed this was the case.  Things are still not working with the D-Link switch, but I can use either network connection with the Netgear switch and it will work correctly.  The first thing to do when changing the network connection (presumably because they will have different MAC addresses), it hit 'Detect' on the first LEDSet screen that appears.  When using NetCard's it will always give an error, but after the error clears, I believe it sets the correct MAC address, and the panels illuminate.  Then you can proceed into the Screen Configuration area.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Linsen Cards
« Last post by Cjaqua on March 22, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »

Sure.  Download software here:

My D-Link DGS-2208 gigabit switch did not work with the Linsn card.  My Netgear GS108 worked, but with only one of the network connections on my PC. (I have two)  It's strange because I don't get an error when sending or saving to the card, but my panels never turn on unless it's using that combo of network connection and the Netgear Switch.  I've still not gotten the Linsn card to work with FPP yet, but that's on the back burner right now.  I wasn't sure how the MAC address was supposed to work in the FPP setup page.  I think we've supposed to give it the MAC address of the PC that programmed the card.

Thanks for the info. I can configure the receiver card using a sender card but not when I take the sender card out of the equation. Good to know that these cards are picky about which switch and network card is used. I will try some different combinations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10