Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Beta SD image for FPP running on Raspbian Stretch
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on February 17, 2018, 10:46:04 PM »
I converted a pi that I have hooked up to a 3x3 P10 panel setup with Ron's octoscroller.
I have everything up and running and configured and it's receiving packets but no matter what I do I can't get the panels to work.
I'm trying to run it in bridge mode from Xlights.

The Octoscroller is for the BBB. Do you mean you have a Pi matrix adapter on the Pi?  The first thing to test is to see if you can get FPP's channel test mode working.  I have an older version of this image running on a Pi talking to a P10 panel, I used this to test when I ugpraded the pi matrix library that FPP uses.
Display Items / Re: Where to buy RGB's in bulk?
« Last post by eocash on February 17, 2018, 10:44:13 PM »
I bought direct from ScottLED in China. Shipping cost just as much as the lights but still cheaper than anyone around here. Even had them make custom 70 node Icicle stings.

Last year I bought 4000 5volt square and 4000 5v 12mm round for about 1480 shipped to the door. That is about 7.50 (rnd) and 10.50 (sq) a string of 50 shipped. They will do customizations if you want just need to tell them what you want. I have not had any issues at all with them last year.

They all come from China anyways.
Learning Center / Re: Traditional lights and controller noob
« Last post by drkeeley on February 17, 2018, 10:43:38 PM »
Please help another Noob here I have a F16v3 and want to control some of my AC lights I have as well. I keep seeing that a SS24 would be a good option but were can I get One???  thanks
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Colorlight board with BeagleBone possibility?
« Last post by brichi on February 17, 2018, 10:12:17 PM »
If you have a fpp remote with local sequence playback and a usb Gig-E Ethernet adapter dedicated to this and aren’t trying to use bridge mode over a shared Ethernet adapter, then I think you should be ok.  The main thing is “test it yourself”.  You are ahead of the game because you are in here asking about this now instead of coming in on December 5th asking how to set it up or why isn’t something working correctly, etc..

awesome thank you, yes I plan on uploading all the video and FSEQ files to each Pi, gigabit in and USB gigabit out to Colorlight and running FPP in "remote" mode on both screens, not bridge being I learned quick how much that bogs down the network. the rest will be ran to Falcon boards for all the pixels,

Now that im thinking of, whats the best way to run 2 Pi's playing the same FSEQ file, they won't be mirror images, at times the 1 video will play on both but at other parts of songs it will be 2 different videos like a cartoon on 1 and dancing on another. do I upload all videos and FSEQ files to both Pi's and but them both in remote mode and have XSchedule play the schedule in master mode?
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on February 17, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »
If you have a fpp remote with local sequence playback and a usb Gig-E Ethernet adapter dedicated to this and aren’t trying to use bridge mode over a shared Ethernet adapter, then I think you should be ok.  The main thing is “test it yourself”.  You are ahead of the game because you are in here asking about this now instead of coming in on December 5th asking how to set it up or why isn’t something working correctly, etc..
« Last post by k6ccc on February 17, 2018, 09:33:39 PM »
Some more update.  Again, here is the log that I kept.

Re-imaged yet again with Version: v1.x-master-122-g1e88034b (master-v1.x branch)
Set NTP server and time zone
On E1.31 page set 36 universes
Save
Set line 1 to Universe 101, Unicast to 192.168.131.81
Save
Selected line 1, cloned 35 times
Save
Restart FPPD
On LED Panels page, Enabled LED panel output,
Set Panel layout to 4W x 3H
Left default "Top Left", 100%, and Hat / Cap / Cape
Changed color order to RBG
Left Wiring pinout to standard
Save
Adjusted Panel Layout to fit reality
Save
Restart FPPD
Set player to Bridge mode
Status page shows 36 universes from 101 to 136 plus Universe DDP
All 36 universes are seeing bytes transferred (from LOR)
When attempting to control the lights from LOR, byte count continues to count,
but no lights.
Started comparing every setting against the second Pi running version v1.10-27-g259bc38
I checked every page under Status/Control from top to bottom.  Noting only pages
that I changed something.
Set password.
Set E-Mail - reboot required
Reboot
I did NOT select the Display testing page
Selected Channel Outputs page.  Page never completed loading.
I am able to select the File Manager
Once again selected Channel Outputs page.
Again, page never completes loading.

Screen capture of the page not completed loading:

« Last post by Ebuechner on February 17, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
A little update update from me as well.
I put the SD card with the original image on it back into the pi and set it up and everything works again.
I have another pi that I did the same setup to run a p 10 panel but this one is driving a colorlight card and that one's working perfectly on the new image.
It looks like there's something going on with the new image and the pi hat.

« Last post by k6ccc on February 17, 2018, 08:10:36 PM »
I took the Pi 3 that had Version: v1.x-master-122-g1e88034b (master-v1.x branch) running that was largely locked up with the Gateway Time-Out, and re-imaged the SD card.  This got it working again, but again after several changes, it started locking up again.  Pulled it out and again re-imaged the SD card.  This time I kept a log of everything that I did.

Booted with fresh install - DHCP server assigning desired IP of 192.168.131.81 (I had set a DHCP reservation in the router)
Set player to Bridge mode
Changed Host Name to FPP-1 - FPPD restarted
On E1.31 page, changed universe count to 36
Changed line 1 to Universe 101 - Unicast to 192.168.131.81
Save
Selected line 1, cloned 35 times
Save
Restart FPPD
On LED Panels page, Enabled LED panel output,
Set Panel layout to 4W x 3H
Left default "Top Left", 100%, and Hat / Cap / Cape
Changed color order to RBG
Left Wiring pinout to standard
Save
Adjusted Panel Layout to fit reality
Save
Restart FPPD
Status page shows 36 universes from 101 to 136 plus Universe DDP
On Channel Output Testing, Select Enable test mode
Change End channel to 19000, and update interval to 100mS
No lights
Attempted to go to "Network"  get 504 Gateway Time-Out

To sanity check my panel power & connections, connected other Pi 3 to same Pi-Hat.
Version: v1.10-27-g259bc38
Worked perfectly - both from Channel output testing and bridge mode from LOR S5

Reset Network Preference in LOR back to the semi-locked up Pi.  The status page shows traffic on all 36 universes, but unable to get the lights to come on - either from channel test mode or via bridge mode from LOR.

« Last post by brichi on February 17, 2018, 08:03:56 PM »

ok good to know, so should I lean towards grabbing a Linsn board or hold off and the Colorlight will be optimized to the same or similar packets? I know someone mentioned (may have been you) that the Linsn ones are a little more of a pain being it goes by Mac address and so on

I would stick with the ColorLight if it is working for you.  The main reason I mentioned that is in case you try to do anything else with the system such as E1.31 or you try running 25ms sequences.

The MAC address issue isn’t that much of a pain but it is one more setup step you have to deal with.

I am planning on ditching a bunch of my LOR stuff and getting Falcon controllers (F48 and a bunch or receiver cards) running sequences at 20ms, will that be effected? also adding a second screen so I will have 2 Pi's and 2 color lights running 108 panels total
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on February 17, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »

ok good to know, so should I lean towards grabbing a Linsn board or hold off and the Colorlight will be optimized to the same or similar packets? I know someone mentioned (may have been you) that the Linsn ones are a little more of a pain being it goes by Mac address and so on

I would stick with the ColorLight if it is working for you.  The main reason I mentioned that is in case you try to do anything else with the system such as E1.31 or you try running 25ms sequences.

The MAC address issue isn’t that much of a pain but it is one more setup step you have to deal with.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10