Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/PI3 Networking From A Newbie
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 08:21:02 AM »
The windows machine can do both eth0 and wlan0 connections and with the Pi eth0 connection
disconnected the wlan0. The Chromebook (which is wifi only,unless I use a dongle) will only connect to the Pi wlan0 connection not the eth0 when the Pi eth0 is connected. Is the normal?

Yes its normal when you do it that way (route add on windows machine).  You created the static route ("route add" command) on the Windows machine so it will not help the Chromebook.

A better way is to add a static route on your home router.  If you do it there, every PC, Tablet, Smartphone, etc on your home network will be able to use that route.   Unfortunately, every brand has a different way of doing it so you will have to do some googling to find out how to add a static route to your particular model of home router.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Can't get FPP to Boot
« Last post by Sawdust on Today at 08:09:28 AM »
What your saying makes sense, however, FFP 1.8 is a compressed file not an image (http://www.falconchristmas.com/wiki/Main_Page). Did I download the wrong file? I tried using Ethcher and it gave me an error - invalid archive image.

Correct a .zip file.  Just extract file  to a clean SD, put it back in Pi and retry your boot.  Assume you have a (FAT formatted) USB drive in place.

If you are seeing the rainbow screen, then you have HDMI monitor in place.  At the end of the boot, do not try to connect there [thatis still Pi] you want to go to your connected computer and access FPP via the web browser . Type http//FPP/ [return]
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 08:03:27 AM »
FPP 1.x and FPP 2.x are both distributed as a single .ZIP file.  HOWEVER there is a big difference between them regarding what is inside the .zip file:

FPP 1.x is a zip of multiple files in a file folder structure.  You can extract (unzip) the whole file structure directly to a freshly formatted SD card -OR- you can unzip the file structure to a local folder on your hard drive and COPY the whole file structure (multiple files and subfolders) to the SD card

FPP 2.x is a zip of a single image file.  You MUST use an SD Image Writer tool (free download) to write the .img file to a freshly formatted SD card.    Some tools (like "dotNet Disk Imager" or Etcher) can unzip and write the image in a single step.  Others (like Win32 Disk Imager) need you to extract the .img from the .zip first and then write the .img to SD.

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/PI3 Networking From A Newbie
« Last post by AAH on Today at 07:11:29 AM »
I know nothing about the route process and I haven't used the wifi on a Pi for a couple of years and can't remember what was installed when I played with a WiPi. The netmask of 255.255.255.0 will typically only allow you to access IP's with the same 3 1st octets 192.168.1.x. Changing to a mask of 255.255.0.0 allows access across 192.168.x.x. The route process you mentioned may allow some sort of fudge that bypasses the masking effect of the the netmask.
« Last post by brichi on Today at 06:23:21 AM »
maybe the older version does it different then the 2.x betas

make sure when you download the image you then extract all the files to the SD card, the root of the SD card should then have a bunch of files and folders, not just the 1 image file you downloaded.

the instructions are here - http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,483.0.html
« Last post by iDooT3 on Today at 06:15:07 AM »
What your saying makes sense, however, FFP 1.8 is a compressed file not an image (http://www.falconchristmas.com/wiki/Main_Page). Did I download the wrong file? I tried using Ethcher and it gave me an error - invalid archive image.
« Last post by brichi on Today at 05:38:37 AM »
Easiest way is to use the SD card formatter and then Ethcher to extract it properly onto the card

https://etcher.io
« Last post by Sawdust on Today at 03:53:45 AM »
FPP 1.8 is a compressed file that needs to be extracted - did you just copy to SD, if do - it needs to be extracted to SD
Falcon Player (FPP) / Can't get FPP to Boot
« Last post by iDooT3 on Today at 12:33:19 AM »
I can't get my Pi to boot, all it does is show a rainbow screen. I followed the install instruction using SD card format and then copied v1.8 files to SD card.
Any ideas how/what to troubleshoot? - thx
If they do not work in test mode that rules out the pi feeding the controller.1: You either have the data feeding into the wrong end of the pixel string (they are directional, look for the arrow on the pixel circuit board that indicates the direction the data is flowing from the controller).2: the wrong type of pixels set in the controller. 3: pixel plug wired wrong.
4: last thought, no fuse, or blown fuse on that controller port.
Curious why your universes are so spread out, I ran 8 each 50 pixel arches on 3 universes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10