well made a new cable thinking lets try and still no DMX channels

re-formated the sd card and installed everything from scratch
including loading our channel set up from Xlights to the PI
struck out.....

made a dmx output under other using the dmx-pro and nothing

wondering if its the dongle and pi not agreeing with each other
although xlights and the dongle are ok

Happy Holidays

going to have to wait and try more tomorrow it started raining and I don't want to open the cases. Thanks. I did originally have the the cable plugged into port "D" instead of "A" and when I switched the cable that was when I got the all blueish lights. have not had any lights since then.
I would try using port C or D and run the test pattern from the F16 website.  Maybe just a bad port?  If you swap the two ports, does one tree start working and the other blueish?
XLights/Nutcracker / Re: shimmering
« Last post by dgbcoleman on Today at 04:07:48 PM »
The green channels are simply the where I have colored the model green in xlights.  Here is the picture of my xlights setup screen as you requested.  One green channel is connected to my 8 channel gpio relay and the other four are connected to my renard SS8.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pixel overlay mode
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 04:04:20 PM »
Try restarting fppd once more.  There is another daemon that the matrix tools talks to and maybe it hasn't picked up the proper dimensions.

If that doesn't work, post a screenshot of your Pixel Overlay config screen and I will try to reproduce the issue here.  Include the FPP header in the screenshot so I can see what version you are running.
Showing Off / Re: Taylors 2017 show (first year with some pixels)
« Last post by dgbcoleman on Today at 03:58:18 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Pixel overlay mode
« Last post by Mat-Moo on Today at 03:26:50 PM »
Hi guys, on my second year of Lights with FPP so starting to explore an play a bit more. This year I setup a Matrix small 12x36, so I want to try and do a day countdown. I've installed a couple of plugins etc. and created a Pixel Overlay: start channel 904, Chan count 1296, Vertical, bottom left, 36 strands and 12 strings (think I've got that right)... but then when I go to matrix tools the matrix shows as 432x1. Spent an hour playing around and can't figure what I've done wrong? Pointers welcome...
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: connecting Expanxion/reciever board help
« Last post by tombmatt on Today at 03:06:59 PM »
yes my tm1804 from zues and dla days still work at least they did when I connected them to the f16 in the house after I got them down from the attic andout of storage after the last time I had them up. now if I can just get them to work on the differential expansion card.
Showing Off / Re: Taylors 2017 show (first year with some pixels)
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 03:01:49 PM »
I use $.25 each as a rule of thumb for estimating.  Prices will vary both up and down based on qty, vendor, wire ga, spacing, time of year etc.  $,25 is only for the pixel and does not take into account controllers, wire, controller cases and a host of other things.
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: connecting Expanxion/reciever board help
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 02:57:44 PM »
Just something that stood out to me: Are you sure that the pixels connected to the expansion board are TM18XX as opposed to WS2811? I only ask because Iíve never seen anyone use that type of pixel.

Those folks that started with pixels with Lynx smart strings probably have bunches of TM1804.  All my gutters, 2 megatrees and window frames and some other stuff uses TM1804.  I also have lots of WS2811s.  But no TM1809 strips in the show although I still have about 10
lengths of them around all with random pixels out LOL. Most of my TM1804s are 4 yrs old and still work great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10