Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP v1.10 Soft Launch (Only for the Pi)
« Last post by medic6578 on Today at 07:34:40 PM »
how do I roll back to v1.9? My FPPD will not start after I upgraded to v1.10. can I do it without having to start from scratch as I have a lot of schedules and playlists installed, like via terminal?

The Water Cooler / Re: Pi TX/RX (GPIO14/GPIO15)
« Last post by TexasStingray on Today at 05:57:28 PM »
It looks like the Zero W will need the same trick as the Pi 3 to swap the onboard serial ports since they grabbed the normal serial for bluetooth.

You can try ssh-ing into the Zero W and editing the /boot/config file:

Code: [Select]
sudo nano /boot/config.txt

at the end of the file add a line like this:

dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

Exit the editor saving your changes and then run:

sudo reboot

That did the trick thanks.
As Ben said, the scripts can be in various languages and if we need to add another interpreter to the wrapper script, we can do so.

The web UI of FPP is PHP and JavaScript.  The backend fpp daemon was originally written in C but I have been slowly converting portions over to C++, so it is currently a mix of C and C++.  That is a slow ongoing process though, normally taking a back seat to working on features or enhancements. :)
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: ESEQ Plays in Slow Motion
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 04:42:26 PM »
Have you tried the .eseq with a .fseq running and does the .eseq play at the correct speed?

If you can place the .eseq up on a dropbox or somewhere we can get to, then we can download and take a look.
The Water Cooler / Re: Pi TX/RX (GPIO14/GPIO15)
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 04:40:33 PM »
should this zero w image work with Pixelnet Open? i cannot seem to get pin 8 tx pin to work! http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7277.msg75116.html#msg75116

I guess not, i tried this with a Pi3 and it worked perfect. Sure hope the official release of the ZeroW version supports this.

It looks like the Zero W will need the same trick as the Pi 3 to swap the onboard serial ports since they grabbed the normal serial for bluetooth.

You can try ssh-ing into the Zero W and editing the /boot/config file:

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

at the end of the file add a line like this:

dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

Exit the editor saving your changes and then run:

sudo reboot

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/RaspberryPi/P10
« Last post by EdK on Today at 02:42:38 PM »
It looks like one of the nano pi hats from   https://www.crockettfantasyoflights.com/product/presale-nano-matrix-pihat/    So if it is he only has one output for panels.

Thanks for the info.  It's a bit difficult to determine what folks are actually using to operate P10s off the Pi.  If the Nano Matrix PiHat is the hardware, it would be perfect for my very small (4 - 6 P10 panels) message / Tune-To sign.  I only plan to use the Pi as just another E1.31 controller, and only to run a P10 sign.  I have a dedicated PC, on a standalone network, to run my lights (and, now, the Pi). 
« Last post by Wichita on Today at 02:19:57 PM »
It looks like one of the nano pi hats from   https://www.crockettfantasyoflights.com/product/presale-nano-matrix-pihat/    So if it is he only has one output for panels.
« Last post by EdK on Today at 02:01:02 PM »
Can you tell what is attached to the Pi, into which the first ribbon is attached?
The LOR connection (RJ45) is not standard DMX pin output. You will need to convert it to a DMX standard wiring pin out. I have built a few of these adapter cables to go from LOR to DMX and vice versa.

Once you have that done you will be golden. The alternative is to use more than one F16V2/3 and set it to LOR mode or DMX mode and distribute your DMX signal or LOR signal. I have 2-3 F16V2/3 and all set to DMX channel 1 throughout my yard and it works flawlessly!.

Also, having more than one controller - as a backup is beneficial.
The scripts an be written in bash, php, python, etc.
There is a script execute wrapper that executes the script in the language that you have done it in.

I have written a few plugins in .php. I prefer it becuause I know it. FPP itself has a lot of PHP and Java/Ajax in it. V2.0 is going to be a major overhaul of the system.

What are you looking to do with the scripts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10