Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP won't startup
« Last post by Sawdust on Today at 07:35:35 AM »
I suspect you did not use the latest image file by Dan.  Image 20180709 seem to eliminate those Stopped FPPD.
I am hearing PiCap issues that may be causing issues.

Did you use the latest IMAGE LOAD?

Here is the Pi load....BBB is different.
http://dankulp.com/bbb/FPP-v2.0-Beta-Pi-20180709.zip
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: GPIO Event Trigger Question
« Last post by Barnabybear on Today at 07:10:36 AM »
Hi, what step did you forget? I need to do the same thing.
If anyone can offer other advice this would be appreciated as time is not my friend at the moment. I have to put up my mega tree this weekend (21/07/18) for an international scout camp. Unfortunately I on holiday during the camp so someone will need to shutdown the PI with a button at the end of each evening or if the power needs to be disconnected.

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP won't startup
« Last post by bpos on Today at 12:20:18 AM »
For what its worth.

Its seems that the boot script and settings are a delicate balance of nature. I have found that if a network setting is off and it has any issue with connecting to an IP it will stop FPPD. Sometimes expanding the SD causes a stop? Basically anything that causes a glitch in the boot system will cause a FPPD stop.

I have found the less you can play with settings the better chance of a running FPPD.  Also it seems to help to use a USB drive for your settings. This minimizes the need to re add all the settings once you have it set correctly. You can get up and running with simply re imaging the sd this way.

That being said, If you get it to a point of everything being set correct and no glitches then it more than likely seems to stay running after that.

FPPD stopped = Re Image.

Perhaps there might be a way in the future to have the boot script reload to clean boot if some setting is not agreeable with the boot?  This might keep FPPD from ever stopping on error?

Just some thoughts.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Script repository disappears
« Last post by Scottishsurfer on July 16, 2018, 11:55:04 PM »
This once again baffled me until I found this old thread.  Updating my eth with dns fixed issue.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: falcon f16v3 and Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 250
« Last post by algerdes on July 16, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
Did you mean RJ45 to XLR cable, or are you using something different?

I've had to make sure that the output from the Falcon was one of the outputs with all three (Data +, data -, and ground) connected to my American DJ and Chaveut stuff. Other DMX stuff weren't quite as picky, so the ground was not needed on them.
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Si4713 FM and RDS plugin - BETA version
« Last post by ShadowLight8 on July 16, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »
Take a look at this thread: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58453
Specifically: "the 4713 itself features a reset pin. To reset the IC pull the line to GND. It's just that easy... In my test I used a wire jumper to connect RST to GND and release it. If you run i2cdetect again, the 4713 will show up." from Hansipete
That was an early issue I ran into. Once I knew to reset the 4713, then getting it to work wasn't too bad.

You might also test with djazz's python code at https://github.com/daniel-j/Adafruit-Si4713-RPi

If those both work, then the plugin should be good.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi3B+ with PiCap is locking up when PiCap is enable
« Last post by jbskelton on July 16, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
I am finding that on my Pi-3B with a Pi-Cap attached. v2.x-master-614-g23c8f20d (master branch)
If I setup ETHO only and leave WLAN set to DHCP I am able to run sequences from xschedulerset to FPP Master mode and Pi set to remote. I ran a schedule 6 hrs straight before stopping it manually.It ran rock solid for that length of time.
If I setup the WLan it will immediately lose connection to the web page requiring power off and power back on to get it to reconnect to the web page.

Everything works flawlessly using v1.10-27-g259bc38
Also if I try to enable the serial output with a LOR output it will cause FPPD stopped. If I disable the LOR output FPPD starts back up.Also if I try to change the speed of the LOR output it defaults back to 9600 no matter what speed I set it at.

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi3B+ with PiCap is locking up when PiCap is enable
« Last post by JonB256 on July 16, 2018, 03:08:22 PM »
As noted earlier, I also changed to a different PiCap from the Falcon.

Still froze eventually. :)

So, now I've switched it from SD card for storage to an 8GB USB drive. Generally don't have to wait more than 24 hours.

(My Fingbox monitoring says it dropped off 2 hours ago, 3 minutes into a Playlist started by the Master)

Update - that didn't take long. It went offline in less than 2 hours (roughly at 18:17 July 16)

« Last post by Cjlocey on July 16, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am not getting anything on the station on a radio that is 10 feet away.  Static
I verified that I have voltage (5.24VDC) on the vin in reference to the ground pin.  I have no idea how to test the reset, SCL or SCA

« Last post by ShadowLight8 on July 16, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »
Yup, should work fine. The audio is can be from anything. I found that the USB audio adapter provided better sound quality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10