Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Seemingly intermittent comm with F16V3
« Last post by David_AVD on Today at 03:05:47 PM »
Was it a pre-made cable or one that you'd crimped yourself?

Intermittent operation of Ethernet devices can be caused by not pairing the wires correctly.
Falcon PiCap / Re: Running LOR CCB from PiCap
« Last post by abto40 on Today at 02:42:11 PM »
I think the LOR was configured when I last tried some testing with it, but I will double check that tonight.  I was hoping not to go the DMX route since I think that would require me to make a crossover cable but I will try that out too.
Falcon Player (FPP) / How to install wifi adapter
« Last post by Mickrobi1971 on Today at 02:36:37 PM »
Hi I'm new but have managed to install fpp  on my raspberry pi but I'm wanting to run my show from my pi outside how do I install a wifi adapter to to work with the pi so it will run independantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning Center / Raspberry Pi 3 Project
« Last post by kpw555 on Today at 02:25:26 PM »
Hello,

I am new to your forum and am asking for any assistance I could get with selecting equipment for my lighting project this year.  I am kind of a cheapskate and usually use Banggood or Ebay parts. :)

The state of the project currently is:

Raspberry Pi 3 w/ 32g SD and 32g thumb drive.

Falcon Player is installed and I can communicate from my laptop.

I have xlights installed on my laptop.

I have 493 pixels Ws2811 5v installed 1.5 inches apart along the front of my house, just under the eaves.  Right now they are powered and hooked up to an Arduino, and they all work correctly as installed.

I have a generic 3ch DMX controller(BangGood)

Having little experience in networking anything at all I am kind of stuck right here.

What hardware do I need to get to connect the Raspberry Pi to the lights?
What outputs from the Raspberry do I use?
Is there a wifi gadget that will connect them?
I am pretty familiar with the Arduino, could that be used?

:o
The choices are endless and I can't seem to find a complete simple system such as this to examine on line.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
« Last post by rmp2917 on Today at 12:14:55 PM »
I am not that familiar with LOR, but looking at the manual for the CCB, it looks like you also have to configure the CCB using the LOR software. I don't know if this is required or if you have already done this. I see there is a setting for number of pixels per string.
« Last post by rmp2917 on Today at 11:36:38 AM »
It looks like the CCB also supports standard DMX. Have you tried setting the jumpers to DMX to see if that works?
Falcon PiCap / Running LOR CCB from PiCap
« Last post by abto40 on Today at 10:12:47 AM »
I am attempting to run an LOR CCB ( 2 strands of 50 bulbs each ) from the PiCap; however, I am only able to drive the first 5 bulbs off of each strand.

PiCap Setup:
PiCap powered from the Pi itself
PiCap jumpers set to the LOR row for output

FPP settings:
Input/Output Setup->Channel Outputs->Other
  - Added LOR start channel 1, channel count 300, default baud 19200
  - set it to active
  - save config
  - reboot fppd

Status/Control->Display Testing
  - start channel 1
  - end channel 300

Result:
The first 5 bulbs on each strand light up and chase correctly....but only 5.

I have hunted around and seen lots of examples of 16 channel LOR controllers being run off the PiCap but I can't seem to find any where the CCB/CCP are being run off the RJ45 using the LOR jumper settings.

Any thoughts on where I might be going wrong?

Thanks,
+Brian

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Undefined offset error
« Last post by zwiller on Today at 06:05:15 AM »
Thanks Chris.  I posted the file in this thread if you want to take a peak.  http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7688.0.html
Events/Gatherings / Re: Colorado Light Enthusiast Meet Up in Denver on September 23
« Last post by Illusions on September 20, 2017, 11:20:26 PM »
We will be there.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: File manager ._ files
« Last post by neilric99 on September 20, 2017, 11:16:40 PM »
I just copied  3 fseq's to the usb flash drive plugged into my Mac directly. brought them up on my BBB and 1 of them had the ._ file prefix. I added it to my playlist and it would not play.

It was the last song that I had copied so I wonder if I didnt leave it long enough after hitting the eject on the drive before removing it. need to try that again tomorrow.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10